Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529476 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 One down, two to go.
« Reply #4335 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »

Centuwion! Thwow him to the floow!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 28, 2011, 07:28:12 pm »

Er, Oh yes. It's about 8:30 Sir.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 28, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »

The answer is salty.
Huh?

Huh?

...Huh?

My brain is confused.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 28, 2011, 07:43:45 pm »

The answer is salty.
Huh?

Huh?

...Huh?

My brain is confused.

Watch life of Brian, either you'll be offended or you'll die laughing. (Like Dogma)

Answer= Salty

A=/= Salty
B=/= Salty
C (Sea) = Salty 

Therefore Answer=C (All the logic of the riddle "What is Eight ounces and Extremely dangerous?" I know)

Anyway, the RTD Mega-Whammy thread. I've been working on a thread that contains an Active RTD list, a resource section (Cinnamon rolls, Mapping tools, Lazarus, etc), How to GM, tips and tricks, and all that Jazz.

I suppose I should work on turns and stuff now... Give me a minute to get a drink and some stuff.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 28, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »

I've been working on a thread that contains an Active RTD list,
We had one before, it... died.

a resource section (Cinnamon rolls, Mapping tools, Lazarus, etc),
Nice.

How to GM,
Well... that has the problem of being biased. There's no one way to GM anything, really.

I suppose I should work on turns and stuff now... Give me a minute to get a drink and some stuff.
Yay.

Anyway, it sounds like a good idea, though I'm really starting to wonder your limits to maintaining stuff, dude, because 2 complex RTDs and having to constantly update a list seems... difficult.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: June 28, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »

Ahh.

Also, it's About 11 in the movie...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: June 28, 2011, 07:49:11 pm »

Holy crap Taricus you posted the exact second I did.

Wow.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:22 pm »

Ahh.

Also, it's About 11 in the movie...

True, but when I posted that it was about 8:30. It made sense to me...

How to GM,
Well... that has the problem of being biased. There's no one way to GM anything, really.

You misapprehend my meaning, It is indeed as impossible to tell someone how to GM as to tell someone how they should paint. Art is art. You can however help provide lessons that normally are learned the Hard way. Guidelines, not rules. (Get all your resources in line for an RTD before you post it, set aside a substantial chunk of your day to writing this thing, NEVER EVER make another RTD on top of the one you have just because it seemed cool, etc)

EDIT: Anyway, started writing the turn now.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 29, 2011, 01:15:49 am »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Jordan Grey

Jordan shuts off all non-essential systems to mitigate EM damage, cursing bitterly all the while. (EMP Damage Halved this round.)

Tarran Smith

"AAAAARRRRFFFFFGGGGGGHHHHHHH BLARBLE BARBLEEEE SMUFFFFAGAAARRRRR" Roll around in pain.

You bonk your head on the ground repeatedly, you scream at it, you even bleed on it some. The ground seems unfazed by your outburst. The pressure in your head shows no signs of stopping, [Will 6] but after a long moment of mind numbing agony it abates without warning. The... sound, whatever you want to call it, seems to be almost on the outside of a mental bubble while you stare outwards at it. It's still there, but for now you seem immune.

---

Harry Nakamuno

[Soak 2+1: No bonus] Harry ignores the ringing in his body, simple commands, short movements, in and out... Harry lunges at the immortal with his blade. [Melee 2+1-2 Vs 1-3] [Brawl 2-2+1] The practically tripping his way through the lunge Harry manages to add a thin slash to the Immortal's woes. (Immortal Armor -4)

---

Ashley Fey

Ashley  attempts to calm herself down and conserve energy, but ow that hurts, what the hell was that even
Jordan may as well read as above but is pretty sure it has soemthing to do with the guy he treated, seeing as he realised that they werent normal, and suddenly wished he haddent softened the dirt for the git. Harry Presses the attack hoping to take advantage of the distraction that is hittign the immortal

Like Jordan you remember your basic, shut everything that doesn't need to be on the hell down before it fries. (EMP damage halved)

---

Immortal 1

[Will 4+1 Penalty reduced to -1 this round] Growling the Immortal Recoil from Harry's slow strike, spurred on by the true pain of broken flesh. Retaliating it tries to buttsmash Harry in the head. [Melee 4+1 Vs Dodge 5+1-2] Despite having serious problems Harry manages to step out of the way of the incoming rifle before it bashes his helmet in.

---

James Evan

"OW, GOD!" James tried to break free and advance to the Immortal who he would try to shoot with his Renfield.

[Will 3: No Mitigation] [Shadow 4: Attack Eaten] The omnipresent pandemonium cuts out as suddenly as waking, leaving only a dream of pain. Not one to question providence your advance [Dex 4] You actually make it some ways, far enough that you thank you can risk another burst of fire. [Quickshot 1+1-3][Luck 5] You got sloppy when you reloaded it last time, the spike clip didn't quite click fully into the feed [Dex 4] you don't waste anytime though in slamming it back in and firing again. [Quickshot 5+1] You don't know how long your protection is going to last, but you're going to make the most of it. Leveling the SMG on a flicker of movement ahead you squeeze the trigger, [Confirm Critical 3 Vs Soak 2-1] perforating it with a blast of spikes. (Immortal Armor -45)

---

Taric Sizier

Stop it.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[Will Auto-success] Meh, you've been controlling your dreams since you read about doing it. The whole puppet within a puppet thing was interesting, but it was time to change channels. [Luck 1] Hmm, time for a favorite fantasy...

Naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-naked-ladies-

---

Everyone

The pressure within your skulls fades away, replaced for a moment with a full sound and color mental display of Taric standing on top of a pyramid wearing sungod robes while a thousand screaming naked women through little pickles at him.

You feel like screaming too.

Luckily that part fades quickly, leaving an afterimage of golden sunrays and bouncing busts and back of your eyelids for a moment while struggle back to your senses. 

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom got to her feet as quickly as she was able and stomped the Immortal in the head as hard as she could. She couldn't allow it to get back up! "Die! Bastard!" she yelled.

Blinking rapidly and wondering why the hell you're getting visions of Taric's skinny ass you prepare to take your frustration out on the remaining Immortal. To your chagrin it's already bleeding out its chest and back, not a lot of use as a punching bag left in it. [Melee 5 Vs dodge 4] [Brawl 4+1] Regardless you dropkick the immortal to the ground, grab a concrete faux-rock and bash it in the head until the armor starts leaking. That'll teach it, you aren't sure precisely what, but you're sure it will.

(Immortal 1 has been killed)

---

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health
James is at <50% Health
Tarran has a negative status effect

Lighting Changes
The light is fading by degrees

Turn Notes,

Combat Over

Tarran is in need of healing
Taric is happily asleep
Dominique needs to wash brain juice off her hands, arms, face, and hair,
Powder is happily being actually effective
Ashley is standing aimlessly
Jordan is standing aimlessly and gets a double action next round
Harry has a dislocated arm and some injuries that need treatment.

(By default All implants have been switched off to conserve power)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4344 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:44 am »

;D

"Will... someone... help me here before Taric does... what he just did... again? Please? I'm kinda bleeding here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 29, 2011, 03:25:55 am »

Damn it, now Draignean's hopping aboard D x T. Unless there's supposed to be some other reason that, out of all the things to focus on in that weird vision like naked girls throwing pickles, Dom was looking at Taric's ass specifically. >.> And apparently he likes putting her in the shower given her current status. :P

Dom continued to beat on the Immortal's dead body to relieve stress until Tarran called out for a medic. I think Taric's got a basic medical kit on him... but do I really want to go over there right now? She wasn't sure. Still, the boss would probably bleed out if she didn't, regardless of how uncomfortable she was feeling towards the hacker right now, so she went and took his med kit then moved over to Tarran. "Hang on, boss." She opened it up and started patching his wounds.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: June 29, 2011, 04:18:26 am »

Ashley Re-Activated, Thanking that she had lanarian implants installed, she tried to find her way bact to jordam, by going round the side she did not come from, Harry attempts to find Jordan too, Jordan Fixes everyone he can, tarran 1st
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 29, 2011, 04:44:06 am »

Wake up.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: June 29, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

Damn it, now Draignean's hopping aboard D x T. Unless there's supposed to be some other reason that, out of all the things to focus on in that weird vision like naked girls throwing pickles, Dom was looking at Taric's ass specifically. >.> And apparently he likes putting her in the shower given her current status. :P

Nah, that ship will never sail. You just had the only action after Taric, anyone else would have had something similar. Tarran would have been especially fun to have an action afterward.

As I said, I'm not into shipping players together. Giving you uncomfortable moments, hell yes, but never actively promoting romance. We are after all a group entirely composed of men, except for Wolf who might be a girl. Anyway, I fully expect Dom to punch Taric the jaw for Psychically mooning her.

Also as to the Little pickles dream, it's because I constantly have Taric in my head as Chris Knight from the movie Real Genius.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 29, 2011, 03:20:32 pm »

Can we replace pickles with ham, jam and spam?
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 602