Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529260 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 One down, two to go.
« Reply #4200 on: June 23, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »

I there's a reason we're only finding one suit.
You mangled the sentence a little there.

And where did he say we were only finding one? I was kinda not paying attention when you guys were talking about the suit.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: June 23, 2011, 04:28:00 pm »

So they do have jumpjets? :D

Boost, not Jump. Augmented normal movement, sprinting, charging, and crazy ass on-demand dodging.

The suit is a nine foot tall, four-thousand pound biped. 

What is your obsession with Tungsten? It ain't that great as far as armor goes, too hard and heavy as hell. It's only good when you start alloying it.
I was just taking an example, dude, since it has the highest melting point of all the non-alloyed metals and the second highest of all the elements after carbon. It has nothing for my like of tungsten.

Thank you captain Wikipedia. :D

Crystal based alloy, boil-off plating, energy fields, dispersive armor, composite high-ceramic plating (Fairly common that, even now.), prismatic countermeasures, etc can all be used to disrupt, block, divert, and otherwise screw-over laser weapons.
Fair enough.

And how common are complex is suits of armor equipped with that around?

Ceramic composites are in practically everything, infantry armor to heavy plates. It's the bulk Armor.
Energy Shielding is fairly common as an on/off function for the suits.
Prismatic countermeasures are more of a rocket/grenade load than something added to each suit.
Crystal based alloys are the most common optional you'll find, improved defense against practically everything.
Dispersive armor is more rare upgrade, but it outright absorbs a portion of the beam energy and feed it back to the suit. Usually paired with energy shields.
Boil-off plates are moderately common, particularly on short range fighters.

I there's a reason we're only finding one suit.

Yeah, all of you kicking around in powered suits would change the game up quite a bit. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: June 23, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

Thanks. I guess... :|

Ceramic composites are in practically everything, infantry armor to heavy plates. It's the bulk Armor.
Prismatic countermeasures are more of a rocket/grenade load than something added to each suit.
Crystal based alloys are the most common optional you'll find, improved defense against practically everything.
Dispersive armor is more rare upgrade, but it outright absorbs a portion of the beam energy and feed it back to the suit. Usually paired with energy shields.
...Then why are laser weapons even around nowadays if the stuff is that useless?

Yeah, all of you kicking around in powered suits would change the game up quite a bit make all the enemies have to wear even scarier stuff.
This is what I view this sentence as.

Am I close to your actual meaning for it?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: June 23, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »

Okay, that's two out of five of the list.

So this means Taric might be in a 1 metric ton walking tank with Psionics. Nothing can go wrong for the Techies :P

@Tarran: Range. And they're reliable.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: June 23, 2011, 04:37:32 pm »

@Tarran: Range.
Fair enough.

And they're reliable.
I'm not entirely sure on that. You'd think a component would overheat quite quickly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

They're probably built to withstand those temperatures. And I forgot accuracy in that short list too :-[

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: June 23, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »

Thanks. I guess... :|

Take it, it's a compliment from one nerd to another.

...Then why are laser weapons even around nowadays if the stuff is that useless?

Why are guns around today when we have body armor, tanks, long range missiles, bombs, chemical weapons, bio-warfare, etc. 

Countermeasures don't always work, countermeasures keep the Suit from being sliced in half by a beam as hot as a lightning bolt. Battle is about checks and balances, the system of weapons is similar. Lasers, conventional, and particle, explosive, Gravitic, etc. All balanced together against an array of armor and shielding designed to last long enough for you to fire your weapons.

Believe me, the Sol will be effective. It just won't one-shot the armor.
Yeah, all of you kicking around in powered suits would change the game up quite a bit make all the enemies have to wear even scarier stuff.
This is what I view this sentence as.

Am I close to your actual meaning for it?

Nah, not quite. More along the lines of it making this a mech game. Besides, this is the first time in the game that the enemies of been better than you.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: June 23, 2011, 04:56:14 pm »

The Sol seems more like a tank cannon than anything else. Which gives me an idea >:3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: June 23, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

You're going to rig a quick energy-cell feeder to the Sol and make it a rapid-fire laser of Doom?

Oh, wait, you're going to rig it to the suit.

I still say my idea is better.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: June 23, 2011, 05:57:38 pm »

First one, then put it in a tank. FUN for the whole crew :3

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: June 23, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »

Turn, Draignean?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »

Turn, Draignean?

No, I'm too busy making vehicle stats and finding new and inventive ways to kill you.

Yes, I'll get right on it.

No, I'm hungry.

Yes, we need to get done with this fight.

You're going to rig a quick energy-cell feeder to the Sol and make it a rapid-fire laser of Doom?

That would cause an over-heat, unless you also added a cooling system...
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:56 pm »

By the time I'm done with it, Tarran will have a hard time carrying it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: June 23, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »

By the time I'm done with it, Tarran will have a hard time carrying it.

Any weapon heavier than 45 has to be mounted or set up before it can be fired.

Well I've had a sammich so I'm down to one No and two Yes, time to work I guess.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: June 23, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »

Ohh, Another EVIL weapon idea from me

NOT YET NAMED WEAPON (AICW based)
Rifle
Gauss, Single, 7 round burst, full auto
47 Round magazine.
Accuracy Modifiers: +0 Short, +1 medium +1 long
Good to excellent damage
Ballistic

Grenade Launcher (Thermobaric 3-round 40mm
Single (Possibly gauss), 3 grenade burst.
No modifiers
Excellent to Lethal damage
Grenade

Description: (TO BE DONE)
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 602