Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529077 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 One down, two to go.
« Reply #4125 on: June 21, 2011, 08:43:23 pm »

We'd get Tarran duel-wielding roman candles. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: June 21, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Immortal 2

The Immortal raises its rifle to put another burst into the man who'd killed its leader, the rifle however only hums as it pulls the trigger. Continuing to growl in frustration the immortal pulls the rifle up and swaps at the empty clip for a full one.

---

Harry Nakamuno

Happy to finally be able to put holes in something Harry unlimbers the wolfkin, training it on the nearer of two Immortals [Intuition 4=+1] [Quickshot 3+1+1-3] The heavy SMG roars, giving the Immortals something to think about even though none of the bullets find their mark. [Dex 4] Harry then clips the Wolfkin back to his armor, extends his duelist implants, and charges at the Immortal.

(Harry will be in melee with Immortal 1 Next round)

---

Jordan Grey

Activating his Medical diagnostic implants Jordan leans over Taric, pulling out supplies from his field surgery kit to treat the shrapnel injuries. [Int 2+1, dex 4+1, Fight 2+1(Replaced by MD. AndE 3+1), Luck 5, 17/20] (Razors removed, Taric is now bleeding) Jordan pulls the razors carefully and starts staunching the bleeding, it's not easy but he's making steady headway on closing the wounds.

---

Taric Sizier

Try again dammit!

[Will Auto-success through perk] While a man is leaning over you performing surgery on your body you still manage to find the state of mind necessary to extend your senses into the electrical. [Empathetics 4+1] Maybe having your innards fiddled with is conducive to psionics, but you get a much clearer picture this time. The key is in the dying one, while the exterior and wholly inhuman brain dies cell by cell the interior human brain also engages in rapid synaptic decay. The exterior covering seems to be some form of biological armor akin to the suit worn by the Warpriest back at the captured complex, but it's neural functions of been rewired, making the suit's brain dominant over the human brain instead of the other way around.

Quite literally the armor is wearing a person. [Empathetics 3] Even as you seep back from your last bit of neural probing you notice something strange... Jordan doesn't have a brain that you can sense.

---

Ashley Fey

Ashley opened fore with her assault rifle, just a quick burst in the direction she thougth they were in, then she kept moving in response to thier almost garrentied return fire, well if these people were working for HIM that would be a hell of a dedicated acting crew

You open fire briefly on [E/O 3] Immortal 2, [Intuition 2= No bonus] [Quickshot 5+1+2-3] Your off the hip spray catches the Immortal sideways, the light ammunition piercing neat holes in its armor. (Immortal 2 Armor -18) After you fire you dash off again to keep the immortals guessing, [Dex 3] well at least that's the theory.

---

Immortal 1

The immortal stops shooting James to reload his rifle, it seemed a more effective -though less brutal- course of action than using it as a club for the rest of the fight.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique sent out a psionic probe to try and get a feel for the surroundings. Once she was sure she had a good lock on their positions, she would open fire on them.

[P.Kinetics 4] You manage to extend feelers out into the darkness, enough at least to help you shoot. [Quickshot 4+1+2-1-3] You aim with your eyes closed and open fire, it isn't a great shot but the fifty caliber slug still tears into the immortal's shoulder. [Immortal 2 Armor -17]

---

Tarran Smith

"Urgh..." Fall on my back and reload my Jormungandr. Quietly. Hopefully they'll stop shooting?

You lie on your back, tactically speaking this minimizes your profile and places the less essential parts of your body forwards. In practice it makes you resemble nothing quite so much as a dead bug. [Dex 5-1] You manage to reload your rifle without aggravating your wounds.

---

James Evan

Continue around- If I get at medium range from them, fire if fired upon! if I get to short range, fire no matter what!

[dex 2] You make little progress on the path around the pond, slipping in the slimy mold that suffuses the ornately worked crystalcrete. Well at least no-one is shooting at you.

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health
Taric has multiple negative status effects
Tarran has a negative status effect

Range changes
None

Turn Notes,
Tarran is a dead bug
Taric is making discoveries left and right
Dominique is firing her cannon
Powder is coming around the east side of the pond.
Ashley is moving up the west side for the assist while shooting like a boss
Jordan is keeping Taric out of trouble and mending his wounds
Harry charging!

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: June 21, 2011, 09:07:52 pm »

Probe around in Jordan's mind.

WHAT, No friendly fire?! ;_;
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »

Probe around in Jordan's mind.

It isn't there to probe.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13:45 pm »

"Hey Jordan. Hate to tell you this but I don't think you have an organic brain..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: June 21, 2011, 09:14:13 pm »

o.O So Jordan's a rahbot?

Dom got up and charged the enemy's position again now that she knew where they were, firing the Jormungandr as she went to try and get a few more bullets in them before closing distance.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

Tarran grasped his wounds, feeling his blood pouring out. He tried to rest, hoping to not aggravate his wounds.

Rest.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: June 21, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »

James continued to get into position. And if he could get to medium range, he would FIRE!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: June 22, 2011, 01:41:49 am »

Shoot another BUrst, then move closer, Jordan keeps being a doctor and says nothing yet, Harry deligths in being close finaly
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:36 am »

Totally random comment here but the thing Taricus and I were joking about? I actually found an appropriate weapon for lil' Taric Sizier while browsing YouTube. :3 I thought one of you guys might be interested in it. Slingshot with Targeting Laser. I want one... I don't mean in this RTD, I mean on my desk...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: June 22, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

Bump for me...

Finally we're coming up on the end of the overly long fight scene.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: June 22, 2011, 05:18:29 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Ashley Fey

Shoot another Burst, then move closer

You fire again, though you have to judge your shot from memory rather than sound due to the lack of incoming fire. [Intuition 4-1= No Bonus][Quickshot 4+1+2-3] Once again raking the immortal with the advanced rifle. [Immortal 2 armor 3] (Immortal 2 -19 Armor) You keep moving to avoid retaliation, [Dex 5] drawing up close for the kill.

---

James Evan

James continued to get into position. And if he could get to medium range, he would FIRE!

[dex 4] You round the pond SE protrusion, drawing near enough that you think you can loose a burst without it being completely pointless. Well if your gun was loaded it wouldn't be pointless but you used up you ammunition with the St. Vitas dance earlier.  Lacking a better option you reload the SMG.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom got up and charged the enemy's position again now that she knew where they were, firing the Jormungandr as she went to try and get a few more bullets in them before closing distance.

You take note from Tarran, charging recklessly forwards while firing your assault rifle. [Dex 5, Two attacks] [Intuition 2+1: No bonus] [Quickshot 5+1+1-3] You sink gauss slugs into your target as you charge, [Immortal 2 Armor 4] (Immortal 2 -16 Armor) as you hit your target you smash the butt of the rifle forwards at its neck. [Melee 3+1 Vs Immortal 2 Dodge 3] [Brawl 2+1]  (Immortal 2 Armor -9)

---

Immortal  2

The Immortal lashes back at Dominique's knee with short snapping kick, [Melee 1 (Bonus Negated) Vs Dodge 1 (Bonus negated)] it misses almost as spectacularly as Dom Dodges in the wrong direction. In the confusion both of them lose track of each other in the dark. (Both parties get -2 to melee until one of them lands a blow)

---

Jordan Grey

Jordan continues to doctor Taric [Int 3+1+1, Dex 2+1, Fight 4+1, Luck 5 35/20] (Bleeding stopped, +5HP) patching up the bleeding wounds and bandaging the injures with sterile wrap.

---

Immortal 1

Hearing Harry's charge and SMG fire the Immortal reorients and fires on full automatic [Intuition 3: No bonus] [Quickshot 2+1+1-1-3, 1 (No Bonus)] [Luck 4] The rails freeze for a moment and the spray of slugs falters, it's fixed with a quick bang on the side but by then Harry is already on him.

---

Harry Nakamuno

[dex 2: no momentum bonus] Harry's momentum is broken when he has to track sideways to actually have a chance of hitting the Immortal. [Melee 4+1, 3+1  Vs Immortal 1 Dodge 5+1] Harry spins forward the first blade cutting air as it slashes the empty space the Immortal's head occupied a moment before. The second stabs down, forcing the immortal back lest it get a blade through its abdomen.

---

Tarran Smith

Tarran grasped his wounds, feeling his blood pouring out. He tried to rest, hoping to not aggravate his wounds.

Rest.

Not again... Maybe you should get a different job, like a pet store clerk or something. Rebel was a little taxing on ones innards. [Stamina 2] Unsurprisingly you are unable to rest well with a bunch of shrapnel lodged in your ribs, at least they keep the bleeding down.

---

Taric Sizier

"Hey Jordan. Hate to tell you this but I don't think you have an organic brain..."

As he finishes doctoring you you remark about how strange it is that he doesn't have a brain. He looks at you strangely [Jordan Dex 5+1 Vs Taric Reflex 3+1] and injects something into your arm from the medical kit. (Taric is feeling no pain, Taric is rapidly losing consciousness) The pain fades from your bandaged injuries and your vision starts to fuzz out. Shit, he just doped you...

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health
Taric has is losing consciousness
Tarran has a negative status effect

Temporary Buffs
Taric is Pain proof

Range changes
Powder is at medium range to 1&2
Harry is at melee with 1
Dominique is at melee with 2
Ashley is at Short range with 1

Turn Notes,
Tarran is a dead bug
Taric is drugged
Dominique is beating an immortal up
Powder is coming around the east side of the pond and reloading
Ashley is moving up the west side for the assist while shooting like a boss
Jordan is doping Taric and mending his wounds
Harry misses repeatedly

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: June 22, 2011, 05:20:45 pm »

"...Arsehole..." Try and stay concious.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: June 22, 2011, 05:22:37 pm »

Continue bleeding out very slowly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: June 22, 2011, 05:24:00 pm »

Continue bleeding out very slowly.

You can move you know, you'll just take damage every time you roll a 2 or below for a movement based action.
---
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 602