Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527539 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Speak clearly, please, or I'm turning this radio off. You have this one warning, no more."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

"Speak clearly, please, or I'm turning this radio off. You have this one warning, no more."

The voice laughs, actual warm mirth, not mocking laughter. "Child, warning me is unnecessary, and I don't think you're going to turn this line off... unless you merely wish to be contrary." The voice sobers, still kind but more serious and somewhat sad. "That however is tangential, to answer your question I asked them whether they wanted to live forever, or die alone. Most chose the first of course... but with every herd there are those who will run in the opposite direction, despite the cliff in their way." The voice gathers a power as it speaks, conviction. "This choice I offer to you and yours, I shall grant you life eternal, or you will die here. You're special, the place set aside for you is among the highest. Your life shall never end, death shall be as a shadow, passing each day without touching you, and with as little substance as a reflection. Do not be afraid, those who have been bestowed my gift are already on their way to collect you." There's a pause before it continues... "Those who've joined you, they are not included in my offer. Their choice was made long ago... I gave them a gift, I gave them freedom, and they spat in it my face. Their fate is decided."

Well that doesn't sound good.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3557 on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:05 am »

"Shut that bastard off", ashly couldn't take it anymore, but the floodgate had oppened and she had to let it out, "So turning arround and telling someone that you have to work for you now after getting them to fight for thier freedom is being honest, you fuck! You're just another bastard with a god complex", She then realises that she probably should not have said that, and attempts to grap the radio with the intent to silence the voice
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: May 27, 2011, 08:15:16 am »

She then realises that she probably should not have said that, and attempts to grap the radio with the intent to silence the voice

You're on the other side of the pond from Tarran, you could probably hear it, but you've got some distance between you and the radio.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 27, 2011, 08:26:22 am »

ok then ashly doesnt try to manhandle the radio, but she does get shouty if the voice speaks up again
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 27, 2011, 09:14:30 am »

"I was serious. I was going to shut it off, because up until now you told me absolutely nothing of value. Now that you have, define the 'cliff' you spoke of."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 27, 2011, 11:07:23 am »

"I was serious. I was going to shut it off, because up until now you told me absolutely nothing of value. Now that you have, define the 'cliff' you spoke of."

"It's a phrase from old earth, from before ballistic weaponry. Hunters would run large animals off cliffs to kill them, all because the animals were too weak to face what they feared. Those you see around you died for the same reason, they couldn't master their fears, they couldn't put aside their weakness long enough to turn aside from their destruction. Their fate was what they deserved, there is no place in the hearts of my children for fear."

EDIT: Honestly? I thought that one was fairly clear. :(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:11:49 am by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 27, 2011, 11:22:09 am »

"'Your' children? So you're a religious nut? You killed them all? Well, goodbye, I did not enjoy our talk. If you want to be friends, come back when you're more... sane. Thanks for trying to be sane, at least."

*Turns off radio*

"That guy was a nut job."

OHHHH BURN!

...I have a nagging feeling that this will bite me in the backside, but whatever.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39:55 am »

"Thanks," Dom said. "That asshole was creeping me out." She kept her eyes on the back, but in near-total darkness there wasn't much she could see. "I'm thinkin' there's gotta be a way out of here. I mean he was messin' with Hoke, right? That means he got him down here somehow. So if we find the ship we should also be able to get out 'cause it'll be in like a hangar or somethin'." She glanced back at Tarran and James. "Anyway, what do you think that weirdo's problem is? One too many hits to the head or not nearly enough of 'em?" She was betting on the latter, since there was nothing wrong with people you couldn't fix with a few dozen punches.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 27, 2011, 11:50:12 am »

Well technically the ones he considers his children are the immortals, but close enough.

I'm not sure it's classified a religious nut, having your religion based on yourself makes it a little different. He's definitely insane as vibratin' spider though.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:12 am »

So he's relativly sane compared to us? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:49 am »

I'd say he's a cult leader. Which may be worse, actually.

QuickEdit: Also, I don't think any of our characters are too crazy. Now, anyway. >.<
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 27, 2011, 11:59:34 am »

I'd say he's a cult leader. Which may be worse, actually.

QuickEdit: Also, I don't think any of our characters are too crazy. Now, anyway. >.<

He's even farther looped about and contorted than Taric, Cult leader doesn't quite describe him. He's... difficult to describe with redacting everything that's more than three letters long. 

It says something about him that were I to choose a individual name for this story it would have been, Deviation-22: Sins of the Father.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:42 pm »

He's going down for incest then!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 27, 2011, 12:06:03 pm »

He's going down for incest then!

Taric, WTF.

Honestly, what the hell are you talking about?
---
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 602