Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529048 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #2865 on: April 28, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »

Holds up the radio "We could try and contact him"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 28, 2011, 04:09:37 pm »

"There was jamming out there, remember?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

"Could've stopped by now"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 28, 2011, 06:23:41 pm »

James kind of went xd at the mentioning of his outburst. "You forgot about the ants that half ate me."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 28, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »

"You aren't dead so it doesn't matter"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 28, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »

The pulsing, throbbing, resolutely evil brain-pain has ended. Back to dialogue! (really I'm sorry for stopping suddenly but I was having trouble focusing my eyes on the bloody page.)

All

Caine dismisses trivial details like James being half eaten with wave of her hand. "Alright give me the radio, Johan, run me a line." The man with her nods once and leaves. "We can only hope they did not add any interesting subroutines that would make him take off and alert the Technocrats at the first available opportunity." She walks over to where Teague is lying unconscious on the bench, examining his condition. "About the jamming signal, we've noticed here too. It comes and goes and scares the hell out of the colonists, understandable considering that their ability to get whatever they can't produce comes from technocrat ships. No signal, no ships." She winces as she feels over his ribs. "He'll live, a few hours rest and he'll be right as rain. Now as for the rest of you, thanks to your spectacular cover story I may actually be able to pass you off as affected by one of the more interesting things out here. I'll have Benny dose you with something to make it look like you're recovering from something nasty, if you're feeling up to that plan." 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:24 pm »

No worries, your own health is more important than the game.

*Glare*

"...Um... is it just looks or will it really make us feel like crap?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 28, 2011, 11:24:45 pm »

No worries, your own health is more important than the game.

*Glare*

"...Um... is it just looks or will it really make us feel like crap?"

My health is fine, my brain just likes giving warnings about things that aren't there or I can't prevent.

She raises an eyebrow at you, making you acutely aware of the fact that you are glaring at a superior officer and haven't bathed and are still covered in blue spores and muck. "I'll ask you after you've taken it, I myself didn't need to pretend that I was insane after telling everyone around me that I was part of a resistance movement that relies on stealth. I'm sure your experience will be educational on the merits of verbal tactics and misdirection."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:35 pm »

"Well, we didn't need to convince the colony leader that we were insane for him to consider us insane, so I guess we don't need the drug."

"Besides, I don't plan on messing myself up anymore after... Orientation. Still gives me bad memories."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00:49 am »

"If we're going to blame it on the spores, maybe you guys should wash it off," Dom suggested. "I don't know what we're gonna do with Teague, though. If that poor bastard's still flipping out when he wakes up... what do you think shook him up, anyway? He seemed a little off even before we encountered the ants."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:34 am »

"I'm clueless, he just kinda... snapped, like Trol did."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:01 am »

"Wait, if he... And Teague..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 29, 2011, 02:51:07 am »

Dom laughed nervously. "Where are you going with that? I don't think insanity's contagious, dude." She thought about it anyway as she scratched at the left side of her jaw. "But if we're considering it, maybe Teague tried some crazy psionic empathic shit at the end there and whatever fucked Trol up got inside his head too. Hell, I don't know enough about this whole psychic business to rule that out. If so, man, that sucks for him. I'm glad I don't even try to mess with any of that business." She gave Taric a concerned look. "You should be careful too. Don't go pokin' around inside Teague's head or you might end up like him or somethin'."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:16:53 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 29, 2011, 04:06:59 am »

"Who says that I'll be looking through it psionically"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »

The man identified has Johan comes back inside the quarantine, trailing a thin metal line. "It's connected ma'am" He says as he hands the line off to her, she thanks him and takes the radio from Taric's hand, connecting the two deftly. She talks as she works "Keep in mind you'll still need a cover story, and a decent one at that. We're here as part of the genetic diversity program, we arrived about ten minutes ahead of an announcement that the Technocrats had canceled all transfers though, so you can't peg yourself on as that. As to Teague..." She's silent for a a couple of seconds, speaking carefully when she opens her mouth again. "Mental degradation isn't uncommon after a certain point, he'd been a part of the resistance and through orientation for almost six years. Not a lot of people make it past five. There done." She finishes tacking the radio and the line together and flicks it on. Static comes through, but not as badly as before.

'Andy begins the conversation with her what seems to be her usual tactful opening statement. "Report."
The radio crackles for a moment before Nathaniel's voice comes through, he sounds sort of drunk. "Well I don't know who you are, but you have a very sexy voice."
Major Caine stares at the radio for a moment, you have a couple of seconds to pray that Hoke doesn't kill your career. "AI, describe your function and knowledge."
"I'm great in bed and I know most of the Kama Sutra, what's your function baby?"

Major Caine gives a Tarran a look that qualifies as a lethal weapon and takes the radio away from her mouth for a minute. "Captain, is this your idea of a joke?"
---
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 602