Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529101 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #2835 on: April 27, 2011, 06:36:43 pm »

"Welcome to the team, James."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: April 27, 2011, 11:05:55 pm »

Yeah, passive kinetics or observation for you. (A skill that doesn't get a slot but is used frequently...  :( )

So would it be possible next level to raise Observation? It's in character at the very least. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »

"AND NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED EXCEPT FOR THE TECHNOCRACY! BLOODY TYRANTS! IMPRISONING ME SUBJECTING ME TO PSIONIC TORTTURE, MAKING ME END UP IN A FOREST IN WHICH I GET MASSED BY FRIGGIN ANTS! ANTS! AND NOW I'M IN THIS BLOODY HOLE DUE OT SOME BLOODY OCLONIST IDIOTS WHO THOUGHT WE SHOULD BE IN QUARANTINE! IDIOTS! IDIOTS! AAAAARGH! BLOODY COLONISTS! BLOODY TECHNORCRACY! BLOODY FUNGI! BLOODY ANTS! BLOODY QUARANTINE! GRAH!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »

*Smack's James*

"Calm down, dude, before you break something important in your body."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: April 27, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »

"I MEAN GO THROUGH SOME DREAM TORTURE, WAKE UP ON SOME SHIP- *whack* AND I GET OFF AND FOLLOW YOU!" James started shaking Tarran. "AND NEXT THING I KNOW, SOME SPORE THINGS GE TON ME, THEN I START BEING DINNER FOR ANTS! THEN I'M ON FIRE, AND NOW I'M STUCK IN SOME QUARANTINE PIT! GRAAAAAH!" James continued to shake him. "AND NOW YOU HIT ME! AS IF I'M NOT HURT ENOUGH THANKS TO FOLLOWING YOU! RAAAAAH!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »

*Knees chest*

"Dude, we've already had a batshit insane person on the team before and I have a feeling we've got another. The result was Saun dying. I'm not going to have you going insane on us while you still have a gun. AM. I. CLEAR?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:23 pm »

*whap* "OW! WHAT THE HECK! GRAH! Uuurgh.... Dangit..." James calmed down and merely stewed in the corner. But he really wanted to maul somebody right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:06 pm »

"At least you got some steak first," Dom said from behind the curtain. Even with the water running she could hear the conversation going on out there. "I got kidnapped out of my own damn bed in the middle of the night, put on a shuttle, and shipped to this damn place without so much as a warning, then I get my brain fucked with and sent out on a suicide mission." She frowned at the lack of cleaning implements around; was there no soap or shampoo in this place? You'd think they would want people in quarantine to be cleaned up before they came out. "Anyway, you don't see Taric or me flipping our shit; just stay calm like us and we'll talk to these guys when they show up, see if we can convince them we were just stressed out."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 27, 2011, 11:40:43 pm »

"Hell, I got shot in the back by an asshole arbiter then my leg dislocated...

I was threatened to have my brain wiped by another asshole, this time Unchained, if I didn't have my brain screwed with...

I nearly die from an asshole...

And nearly die from ANOTHER asshole...

And I ain't complaining. So calm down, dude."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 27, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »

James calmed down. He lied down. "Meh."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:39 am »

Got hit by Tvtropes, running turn now. ish.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:56 am »

Got hit by Tvtropes, running turn now. ish.
Oh no.

Oh god not Tvtropes.

Close those tabs before it's too late Draignean! CLOSE THEM NOW!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 28, 2011, 01:51:05 am »

Tarran Smith

Give Teague a (non-inappropriate) massage, hopefully helping him.

After keeping James in line you do what not many people do to victims of thirty foot falls with possible broken/fractured bones.

You administer a massage.

[Dex 2, P.Emp 3, P.Kinetics 2+1, luck 3]  You saw a program once for a studio that used reiki to heal people, you try to do what they did in the advertisement. You can't tell where all of his injuries are and you're probably poking quite a few of them. Your hands are clumsy and you aren't feeling anymore 'connected' to the patient. You stop before you accidentally kill him.

---

Taric Sizier

"Hey, not fair calling me out before it. Though it may get us out of here..."

In a sudden burst of wisdom you decide that spying on Dom in the shower isn't the best way to get out of the tank, instead you rest on the metal bench [Stamina 3+2 Calm] (+15 Stamina) recovering from your psionic exertion in the flight from the ants.

---

Trol Grane

Say some creepy stuff during my sleep.

[Sanity 2-2] Gravity is not the equation. [Soak 4-2] Your pistol whip addled brain can't rise from slumber, probably a good thing considering your fatigue. You whisper madness in your sleep...

"IliketolieinthegrassandwatchtheantsandwishIwereoneofthemintheirundergoundmazesosafefromthedarknessofpeoplehorriblepeople
Iwillkillthemallkilltheantskillthepeoplekilleverything
"

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom put Teague on a bench for now. "I hope you'll remember that for the next ten minutes. I'm cleaning this crap off and if any of you try anything you'll end up like him... only I'll be the one breaking you instead of gravity. Got it?" she said as she went for one of the showers.

You shower off the grime, stripping off your clothing and washing that too. [intuition 4] The water is cold, and you start to wonder how the colonists have it set up. No rain beneath the canopy, no rain gets to the soil...  [int 2] This isn't your field and you just shower off instead of thinking about crazy things that are working fine without you braining at them.

Your clothing and self are now much cleaner, the uniform is recognizable. 

---

James Evan

James calmed down. He lied down. "Meh."

You moan and groan and compare the sphincters of your situation with the others. Eventually you just lie down, trying to get some rest before whatever happens decides to happen.

---

All: About a half hour passes and you lounge about, try not to throttle one another, and rest. Taric, James, and of course Trol rest the entire time (Trol, Taric health +20, James Health +5, Trol's ribs are mostly healed and his ankle is feeling better {Half penalties on both}) Dominique Finishes her shower and Tarran tries to set Trol's wrist, (Str 4, Luck 2) putting it back into place somewhat crunchily. (Trol right wrist is now sprained -1 to rolls with right hand)

While you settle in for a long and very boring haul the door slides open, admitting a short woman and one of the colonist guards from the wall. [Dom intuition 3] Dominique recognizes her as the woman who beat the crap out of her, her name and rank (Other than high) are slightly fuzzy right now.

Her tone is equal parts disbelieving, disapproving, and commanding. "Considering what I've already heard dare I even ask for your report on events Captain Smith?"     

Well she certainly knows how to start a conversation.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: April 28, 2011, 02:03:19 am »

"We got the AI, we killed someone important, we stole a nice ship, the AI recommended we walk here, and landed the ship somewhere in this forest and then we walked here.

Two casualties: Trol and Saun. Trol was downed by the high ranking 'Techie, I think. Saun from Trol's friendly fire. Teague has gone crazy, and we got this man here, James, who was imprisoned on the ship and has a short temper and has just recently exploded in anger, but he seems to know how to fight.

...That's about it. Mission complete, ma'am, as soon as we find where the devil the AI parked itself."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:00:48 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 602