Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526120 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Psychic death Transfer
« Reply #2265 on: April 10, 2011, 11:26:19 pm »

Three turns tops for Trol's survival...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:42 pm »

Trol, enough with the frickin teabagging. I'm not letting you do it, and I will blow your damn balls off with the hitherto undetected automated sentry guns if you keep it up. It also makes it more than slightly obvious to Taric, who is happy that you're dead, that you are alive and well in teagues body.

I gripped you tight and raised you from damnation. I can also ventilate you just by tipping taric off in game that your are not in fact Jamie Teague. Do not tempt the GM.

EDIT: Looks like that's everybody, running turn now.

PrepostEdit:

Do I get a auto-success to kill him if he does it?

No, but he may stop to to his nonexistant shoe laces in a bout of insanity and get caught by an anti-proton beam that just slipped through the shields. It would be a friggin' tragedy. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:53:22 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:47 pm »

Do I get a auto-success to kill him if he does it?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 11, 2011, 12:33:27 am »

Tarran Smith

Ninja the 3 energy cells before Taric can get them.
Grab the neatest looking combat knife around.
Grab a Basilisk pulse rifle.
Give Riot Shield to Dom.
Carry Dom to the elevator shaft.

Hastily you grab some equipment and strap them onto your armor, then you slide your own riot shield on Dom to cover her back and help support her over to the elevator shaft. The doors are closed and the 'Emergency, use stairs.' light is flashing on the panel. To hell with that. [Passive Kinetics 1] You pull your hand back into a knife and prepare to plunge your hands into the door seam. Exhaling in a very zen way you spear your hand into the door. [Soak 3] "Goddamn-rat-ass-jesus-licking-raghghjsh!!" Your amazing psionic abilities take a holiday and do nothing while you hop around swearing and holding your hand.

(-1 to next roll involving hands.)

---

Taric Sizier

"Alright, You're free to go. Now your bosses have decided to blow this building up. Have fun getting out. Attempt to remove the carapace from shiren's bullet ridden corpse. Also take saun's helmet.

You wave your assault rifle at the trooper and tell him he's free to go, trembling and white as a sheet he runs down the stairs at top speed. That's taken care of.  First you grab the acolyte's pulse rifle then wincing you walk over to Sauns body and take her helmet, it isn't like you to be sentimental but this... you give her a moment of respect, all you can spare really, and then pause briefly to kick Trol's corpse once on your way to Shiren's corpse. You examine the strange body armor he's wearing, definitely biological, and it looks like it might still be alive... Removing it could be tricky even with a field surgery kit, without one you stand a good chance of simply killing it. [Intuition 3+1] You might also try healing the armor with an ORS before trying to remove it to give it a better chance of surviving.

Proceed, Y/N? (Free action if you chose to go through with the surgery.)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique gratefully accepted Tarran's help up and leaned on him to keep her balance. "You know what...? You're my favorite boss..." she said, looking around. Nathaniel had said something about escaping to the roof. "Cruiser firing?" she asked groggily. "Maybe... we can use the stairs to get to the roof. Or there might be... an emergency ladder in the elevator shaft..." she said. "I might be able to climb on my own." She took a deep breath and winced at the pain in her ribcage. "Tarran? ...Thank you." She looked down. It was easier for her to say nonsensical things about him being her boss than to actually thank him for saving her life, but she would just have to suck it up.

She smiled and wiped some blood away from her mouth. "Enough of this sappy shit, boss. Let's get the fuck out of here, shall we? Trol and Saun's deaths aren't going to mean much... if we get bombed to death."

Pausing briefly on your way to the elevator with Tarran your grab the smoke grenades that Saun had, poor girl, and you ask Teague for one of the ORS tabs he had already picked up off Trol's body. [Trol Sanity 5] He nods simply and hands you the last one of a pack, as Tarran supports you to the elevator you crush the tablet under one of the bandages that Tarran put on. The healing numbness immediately begins to spread across your body, numbing aches and pains, though occasionally intensifying to a point as it pushes out shrapnel and the occasional embedded bullet. It can do nothing for the dead flesh on the outside of your body from the burns though, you're going to have some interesting scars if the psionic healing can't take care of it.

+5 HP, Regeneating 10(3)

---

Trol Grane

Loot mah pistol, then Ninja the best knife from Tarran, then Teabag shiren for killing me.

You grab the chimera and the ammunition for it off your corpse, as well as the knife from the Trooper who surrendered. You think about humiliating shiren one last time, but either divine will or madness stops you.

---

AI

"I could you know use a hand GETTING OUT OF THE COMPUTER! Please, I don't want to die..." Nathaniel trails off in a whisper. Great, the AI is freaking out.

8:50 seconds until bombardment

Status

Warning: Dominique Health below 25%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is exhausted.
Trol Grane is fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jamie Teague (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:35:53 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 11, 2011, 12:38:54 am »

"Taric, help the AI. Dom, help me with this door please. Teague, come on, get over here."

Look around the door for any weak seams that I could break to break off the door.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 11, 2011, 12:41:11 am »

"Sure thing, boss," Dom said, freeing herself from Tarran and falling against the wall next to the panel. She may have been weakened by injury and exhaustion but she was still freakishly strong even before her psionics had been activated, and the ORS had her feeling kinda good. Like being shocked with an extremely low-power taser, a full body sensation akin to eating pop rocks that replaced her aches and pains with a delicious crackling feeling. She took a moment to steady herself, then focused on the door. "You might wanna take a step back." Focusing her will, she attempted to blow the door off the hinges.

Slam, 5', 5Kn on the door. If that doesn't work or I'm unable to due to status, punch the panel and try to open it that way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 11, 2011, 06:07:13 am »

"First things first boss." Heal the carapace then remove it. If possible also remove Nat from the computer.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 11, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

Dominique Wakeman

"Sure thing, boss," Dom said, freeing herself from Tarran and falling against the wall next to the panel. She may have been weakened by injury and exhaustion but she was still freakishly strong even before her psionics had been activated, and the ORS had her feeling kinda good. Like being shocked with an extremely low-power taser, a full body sensation akin to eating pop rocks that replaced her aches and pains with a delicious crackling feeling. She took a moment to steady herself, then focused on the door. "You might wanna take a step back." Focusing her will, she attempted to blow the door off the hinges.

Expending even more of your precious energy you blast the door, [Slam 5 5', 3] (-5 Stamina) it isn't pretty but it goes. Knocking a dent large enough for you to get your hands into between the two doors. [Str 1] You try to force the doors open from there, but you're still too weak to budge them. Damnit, time is running out.

---

Tarran Smith

"Taric, help the AI. Dom, help me with this door please. Teague, come on, get over here."

Look around the door for any weak seams that I could break to break off the door.

Now that Dom has the door open enough you too try to force the door open. [Str 3-1] It shifts only slightly before your seriously bruised hands scream in pain and you have to stop.

---

Taric Sizier

"First things first boss." Heal the carapace then remove it. If possible also remove Nat from the computer.

Before he goes over to Tarran and Dom you ask Teague for another of those ORS packets, [Trol Sanity 4] a little hurriedly he hands you one of the tablets. After that you apply to applicator to the carapace, while you wait for it to work you take the custom datapad that Joseph gave you and start to work on the AI download. [Alt Int, Mech. 2, 3+1, 3+1, 4+1, Difficulty 14] Downloading the AI is fairly straightforwards, you decide not to spare the extra time to flash the system like the unchained wanted. You're pretty sure orbital bombardment will do the same. Now you have the fun job of peeling Shiren's armor off of him. Walking over Trol's hands on the way you roll Shiren over and look for a place to start. [Intuition 3, int 3+1, Dex 3, Mech 3, +2 ORS, +1 perk, Difficulty 20, Failed.] You can't get it off him and you accidentally crack something important on the carapace, sending spurts of burnt amber colored blood out for a couple of seconds. It looks like you killed it, damnit, you were just too damn tired for something complex like this.

Nathaniel Hoke (AI) Added.

----

Trol Grane

If the wall fails, just kick it down.

At Tarran's behest you move to help with the door, [Str 4+1] Teagues body isn't as strong as your old one but it works well enough and it isn't hideously wounded. With a screech of Metal on metal the doors slide apart, revealing the blank shaft of the elevator. It's a large shaft, easily 15' by 15', in each corner is a heavy magnetic rail for pulling along the elevator itself, emergency lighting triggered by the exploding elevator makes everything red and shadowless. There is an inset emergency maintenance ladder immediately to your left, and it goes straight up the shaft.

---

6:50 seconds until bombardment

Status

Caution: Dominique Health below 50%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is exhausted.
Trol Grane is fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 11, 2011, 12:37:56 pm »

Get to that elevator!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 11, 2011, 12:52:51 pm »

You guys have to survive until you can get your quest reward, you just have to.

Your hints are, it's bigger than a breadbox, it's not alive, and it's not a gun.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 11, 2011, 12:53:54 pm »

The shuttle?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 11, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »

The shuttle?

Shuttle might have been a more than slightly derogatory word for it...  ;D
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »

Oooohhh, Our own ship! :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 11, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Oooohhh, Our own ship! :D

Couldn't have you walking everywhere, 'sides, you have a kickass pilot and you're a good engineer when you're not about to fall down. You needed a ship.

One last hint for you to ruminate on, RR.
---
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 602