Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528348 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, and so it begins.
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:45 pm »

"I just need it removed, I can rig it up as a heavy weapon if you can do so"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »

Dominique nodded in response and looked at the way it fitted onto the wing. "It might take a little work, but I think I got this." She rubbed her hands together, preparing to rip the cannon off of the wing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2011, 08:08:32 pm »

Taric prepared to assist Dom

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:08 pm »

Free actions

Character: Trol Grane

Tell the group about what I see, then look around some more

"I see something! There is a structure of some kind that way." You point to the silver dome. "It's smoking though. Now, off that way." You turn and point to the wall of green. "Is some sort of greenish wall, it looks like it's made of plants." [Observation roll 3] It's hard to get an accurate distance here, the bare flats of the depression give you almost no point of reference. You think it's about twice as far to the greenish wall than it is to the City thing, this too you relay to the rest of the group.

Taric and Dominique

"All right, sure." Dom could easily see the advantage in having a ship's armament on hand. "Whatcha need?" she asked, coming over to see how she could help out.
"I just need it removed, I can rig it up as a heavy weapon if you can do so"

The point defense cannon was knocked partially out by the impact, with the two of you you might just be able to get it out. [Taric Mec roll 1 (Bonus Negated) + Dom str roll 1 (Bonus negated) Vs Difficulty 8]  Dom struggles with it for a minute while Taric tries to get the wires aligned right. Things go very VERY wrong. Taric bares the wrong set of wires just as Dominique slips in the thin coat of impact gel residue on the ground. She tries to catch herself on the cannon but twists it sideways and comes free instead, crossing the two wires that Taric just bared in the process. [Luck roll 6] In a small miracle neither of you are injured by the falling cannon or the suddenly arcing wires. The ship however begins to make very unhappy noises. [luck roll 5] Somehow enough of the ships systems remained functional to give you a warning. You hear a distorted voice warble out of the passenger section. "Unathorized interface detected, flashing reactor in two minutes and thirty seconds." Well shit, that can't be good.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2011, 08:25:51 pm »

"Shit" Get the cannon away from the ship.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:30:30 pm by Taricus »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »

I wouldn't, the thing is dead weight since you guys botched the removal. If you want to you can, but right now it's just a 50lb hunk of metal. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:43 pm »

edited.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2011, 08:35:13 pm »

"GUYS, WHAT DID YOU DO?"

Make my jog around the ship a sprint away from the ship.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, and then it exploded.
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2011, 08:55:38 pm »

"Shit, I don't know," Dom replied as she struggled to her feet. "We tried to get the damn cannon off..." There wasn't time to talk about it. "Jump!" she yelled up to Trollan. "I'll catch ya!" The faster he was on the ground, the faster they could get outta there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2011, 12:15:21 am »

Area:You're standing in the mouth of the damaged shuttle, the alien sky pressing down on you. The surrounding area is somewhat obscured by the evaporating impact gel. From what you can see the area immediately around you is bare ground, whether it was like that before you crashed a shuttle into it you don't know

Character: Trol Grane

Jump off, get the fuck outta there

You jump off the shuttle, [Luck roll 3] [Dominique Str roll 1 (bonus negated)] You manage to land on dominique, apparently you're heavier than you look, or she wasn't prepared.  You both go down in a heap. (Dom and Trol, -5 Health) There are going to be bruises, right now though there is no time for that and you run. Fast.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

"Shit, I don't know," Dom replied as she struggled to her feet. "We tried to get the damn cannon off..." There wasn't time to talk about it. "Jump!" she yelled up to Trollan. "I'll catch ya!" The faster he was on the ground, the faster they could get outta there.

You get ready to catch Trol as he jumps off.  [Luck roll 3, Str roll 1 (bonus negated)] You adjust your footing at the wrong moment and Trol smashes into you, setting both of on the rather inhospitable ground.  (Dom and Trol, -5 Health) You pull yourself up with all haste and run with rest of the group.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

"Shit" Get away from the ship.

Choosing a choice profanity as your mantra of the moment you get the hell away from the ship, following Tarran on his own flight.

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Make my jog around the ship a sprint away from the ship.

You intended to see if there was anything of note around the ship before it started warbling warnings at you. Your almost lazy jog turned into a panicked sprint very VERY quickly though, 'flash' could mean a lot of things. When dealing with a fusion reactor most of those things were stuff you didn't stay to watch.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

About 2 minutes later: As you run away from the ship it begins to emit a whine that's audible even at this distance, there is no way that's a good sign. You stretch your legs running as fast as they can carry you. There is a flash of white light from behind you, you have a split second to think "That's it?" before the sound of the explosion hits you. Following quickly on the heels of the ridiculously loud explosion is a blast of hot and dusty air, punctuating by flying bits of exploded ship.

Trol Grane:  [Luck roll 3] You blaze across the barren plain as little chunks of ship whiz by you, you turn your head to look behind you just in time to see a sheet of metal flying at you edge on. [dex roll 5+1] You dive to one side as it whistles through the air you just vacated. -10 Stamina

Dominique Wakeman: [Luck roll 2] You seems to be in a bad section of the blast, and multiple chunks of fist sized metal bounce past you. [dex roll 3] You do your best make yourself a small target while you're running but several chunks of metal strike you, tearing the skin and definately leaving bruises for later. -10 HP -10 Stamina

Taric Sizier: [Luck roll 3] The blast doesn't seem to be throwing too much your way, but there have been enough close calls to let you know that getting out of this without harm is unlikely. [Dex roll 3] Most of it misses you but a jagged piece of metal leaves shallow gash across your side. -8HP -10 Stamina

Tarren Smith: [Luck roll 3] Why the fuck does this crazy BS happen to you? Running away from an exploding fusion reactor while bits of shrapnel come inches from killing you was not in the plan for your life. [dex roll 3] A flying bit of metal hits you from behind, it bounces off. but not before leaving a gouge in your back. -8HP -10 Stamina

All, 15 seconds later The hot wind Ceases quickly, leaving swirling eddies of dust and small pieces of metal on the ground. You take stock of your situation. Four injured people, on a strange planet, without shelter, in what appears to be a man made strip of desert, the only shelter you do know of contains people who you are fairly certain tried to kill you. [luck roll 4] You ran mostly towards the smoking city, and your little sprint got you out of your crater enough that you can see it.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2011, 12:22:00 am »

Wow, lots of 3s.

"Aaaaahhhhh that stings.

Well, we might as well start towards that... Thing."

Move towards the city. Help Taric if he needs help.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:40 am »

Wow, lots of 3s.

Yeah, I guess fate decided it needed a round of blah to balance the Hyperfail and incredible luck of last round.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2011, 12:27:35 am »

Wow, lots of 3s.

Yeah, I guess fate decided it needed a round of blah to balance the Hyperfail and incredible luck of last round.
I'm just glad none of us rolled a 1 luck roll or dexterity roll. That would have been bad.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

o.O lol. She can't even catch a guy - I blame it on both the sun in her eyes and poor footing.

Once everything was over with, Dominique poked her head out from between her arms and looked around. Tarran was already on his feet and pointing out the city, suggesting they move to it. She wasn't feeling up to suggesting much since her last two attempts to help out had been pretty much failure, and while she wanted to hit something for it, she thought she'd try to wait until they found someone even slightly responsible for shooting down the ship.

"All right. I'm with you," she said with a sigh as she stood up, trying to brush some of the debris from her clothing. She couldn't do much about the minor cuts and light bruises she'd sustained, but at least there hadn't been anything debilitating.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 602