Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528378 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue Complete! Prepare to chapter I!
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »

Dominique: Nothing.

Trol: [Detect lie roll 4+1] You don't think he's lying, he doesn't seem too sure of himself sometimes... but he isn't trying to lie to you.

Taric: You try to steel yourself, you have no clue what for but you make a good try at it.

Tarran: You let your body relax in preparation for the gate, you don't know what's going to happen but it can't hurt to try this.

All: After a few minutes of nothing happening you begin to think Nathaniel might have been exaggerating. Then his voices comes over the comm again. "Alright deviants, just force yourself to breathe." The room seems to be buzzing, it starts low but then grows into a bone numbing thrum. Maybe that's all there is... Suddenly it feels like something is inhaling you, you don't feel hot or cold, you don't feeling anything at all on your skin. You try to scream your body stretches beyond it's limit, and then nothing. Absolute Nothing. Then the process reverses, it seems faster this time. You feel like you were just sneezed out of the universe.

Tarran: [End 2] The jump leaves you feeling sick to your stomach and disoriented, you think you might puke on someone. Nathaniel makes good on his word and shocks you as the ship exits jump. [End 4] You were right, this is like a taser pulse. Practically recreational.

Taric: [End 5] Whoah. That was... actually kind of cool.

Trol: [End 3] Shit... if you could move your hands you would be clutching your head. That felt a little too much like what that bastard did to you at the seventh world.

Dominique [End 1] Oh god... What was... You throw up on the deadhead guard.

"Wow that was a good one, everyone alright back there?" Nathaniels asks "We'll be at sheila in 10 minutes."

Once again, a round of conversation and or action and you'll get to the moon.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2011, 08:40:59 pm »

"Are we going to do that again?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:59 pm »

"Probably not for you, maybe though... maybe. You're a social though so there's always the chance you'll clean up, who knows you may make pilot."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:01 pm »

Stare at Taric: "I sure hope not. Jeez."

Then say to Nathaniel: "Thanks for the taze, Nathaniel. Felt good. Now, I think I might be ready to puke, so unless you like your ship having throw-up on it, I'd like to request a bucket, please."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:17 pm »

"Wait, I'm guessing we're going to a rehab facility right?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »

"Either that, or we're going to a firing squad."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »

"That'll be you, unfortunatly they aren't shooting you."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »

"Don't really care what you do back there, you did say please though which is something."

The deadhead without vomit on it suddenly registers a command and holds its hat out in front of Tarran.

"I don't have any buckets on board, so use the hat. Don't worry about the guards, I'll have someone hose them off when we dock next. You won't be going directly to rehab, your group is being shunted off to a secondary administative facility due to the primary having all docks full at the moment."

"And captain cynic, you might not mind the shock but I will have the deadhead fling your own puke on you when you're done if you don't lighten up. Cheers.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »

"HA, that'll atleast get the rest of us laughing. But how many people is the technocracy shipping off for all the primary ports to be full?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:59 pm »

"That'll be you, unfortunatly they aren't shooting you."
"HA, that'll atleast get the rest of us laughing. But how many people is the technocracy shipping off for all the primary ports to be full?"
"I'll remember to kick your ass for saying those two sentences some day, good sir."

"And captain cynic, you might not mind the shock but I will have the deadhead fling your own puke on you when you're done if you don't lighten up. Cheers.
"I would lighten up if you all would stop acting like assholes to me. Jesus, guys, I would be your friends if you didn't take everything I say as an attack towards you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

"Who said we were, we've nothing else to do."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2011, 09:05:25 pm »

"Look brownie, you could be a murderer, a rapist, a torture nut. I don't know, I'm talking to you and being generally reasonable. Hell man I gave you a hat to vomit in, can't ask for more than that." Nathaniel considers for a moment. "They're probably doing maintenance, if they were the size of this shuttle it would take about five-hundred to fill it. Or it could be a couple cruisers and a handful of other ships."
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:34 pm »

"By reasonable you mean overreacting. Dude, if you can't take this then how do you even survive this job anyway? By getting revenge? On a person that's only having a bad day and not actually attacking you in the first place? Dude, that's not healthy. Oh, and by the way, I am none of those three. I'm a rebel, and darned proud of it.

Anyway, we'll be out of each-other's hairs soon anyway. So just calm the frick down like I'm trying to do so you don't spend the return journey angry and pissed off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »

Nathaniel laughs "Hey, I'm a pilot who gets the job of shooting the gate. We aren't renowned for being the sanest bastards. Shoulda guessed you were a rebel, arrogance, superiority, the works. You shoulda been a different Dev though... I guess you did some stuff other than denounce the Church. Besides, I'm not angry man, hell I think you're funny as hell. Besides, I think everyone else in the back was also entertained by you being shocked."

"Everyone who thinks shocking the brownie is funny say aye!"

Both the dead heads yell "Aye!" together.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:24:56 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2011, 09:23:18 pm »

"AYE!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 602