36-45
- 23 (4%)
46-55
- 5 (0.9%)
56+
- 8 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 580

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: How Old Are You?  (Read 19451 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: How Old Are You?
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2011, 11:28:02 pm »

I had one, but it escaped. What do you keep a soul in anyway?

I'm told it's the heart, but I'm not sure, it seems like all that blood slooshing around would wash it away.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2011, 12:31:52 am »

I'm 13, but I've been told anyone who plays dwarf fortress has the soul of an 80 year old man.

Funny, I've been getting "you act like an old man" comments from people since I was 12...  (And I hadn't discovered DF by then, either.)
Not necessarily "old man", but I've been getting "act like an adult" since I was like 9. I also got "don't go easy on him. Seriously." whenever I played a board/card game with anyone else.

I had one, but it escaped. What do you keep a soul in anyway?

I'm told it's the heart, but I'm not sure, it seems like all that blood slooshing around would wash it away.
I use bottles, 'cause that's just classy.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2011, 12:59:17 am »

I is 25, for whatever that's worth.

It's odd how 25 doesn't seem like that big of a number, all on it's lonesome. But if you say, "I'm a quarter of a century old." Now that sounds dramatic! You just got to say it right.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2011, 01:25:47 am »

I'm 13, but I've been told anyone who plays dwarf fortress has the soul of an 80 year old man.

Funny, I've been getting "you act like an old man" comments from people since I was 12...  (And I hadn't discovered DF by then, either.)
Not necessarily "old man", but I've been getting "act like an adult" since I was like 9. I also got "don't go easy on him. Seriously." whenever I played a board/card game with anyone else.
THIS. I got this since I was 7.
And I still almost always win at monopoly, war, what have you.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2011, 01:34:56 am »

... Lucky jerks... I had to play Axis & Allies against myself when I was 4, since nobody wanted to play with me.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2011, 01:37:49 am »

... Lucky jerks... I had to play Axis & Allies against myself when I was 4, since nobody wanted to play with me.
Axis & Allies alone is better than a boring card game like war with other people.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2011, 01:38:48 am »

*quote pyramid*
'tis true.
though no-one knew how to play it :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:56 am »

I need to play some of you then X3 No one ever play A&A with me ='(
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

My better half wants me to throw away my A&A because "It's taking up a lot of closet space and you never play it anyway". :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2011, 11:05:45 pm »

I don't think I've played Axis and Allies. If there's a way to play that game online (possibly through irc), is anyone interested in a round or two of it?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »

I don't think I've played Axis and Allies. If there's a way to play that game online (possibly through irc), is anyone interested in a round or two of it?

That's not how you can play Axis and Allies.  This is what the board and pieces look like: http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Axis_%26_Allies_Map_%26_Pieces.jpg/180px-Axis_%26_Allies_Map_%26_Pieces.jpg

There was a computer version of the classic board game (and also a horrible attempt to make it into a real-time strategy game, but we don't talk about that), and you can play that by email or something, I believe.  But there's just too many pieces laying around for a completely text-based interface, barring some ASCII graphics lunatic.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:53 pm »

are you talking about TripleA?
http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
we can definitely do hamachi over that.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:45 pm »

That's not how you can play Axis and Allies.  This is what the board and pieces look like: http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Axis_%26_Allies_Map_%26_Pieces.jpg/180px-Axis_%26_Allies_Map_%26_Pieces.jpg

There was a computer version of the classic board game (and also a horrible attempt to make it into a real-time strategy game, but we don't talk about that), and you can play that by email or something, I believe.  But there's just too many pieces laying around for a completely text-based interface, barring some ASCII graphics lunatic.

That looks very much like Risk to me.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »

fucking more stuff to handle than in Risk

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »

That looks very much like Risk to me.

It's not Dwarf Fotress, obviously, but it's certainly more than Risk.

As the name implies, it's based upon World War II, and you have an actual selection of units with individual strengths and special abilities, rather than just massive hoards of tokens you shove into the opposing hordes of tokens, and wait for the die rolls to be resolved.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18