Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?  (Read 27398 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Zathras' Soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia! Also, CHESS!
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:18 am »

Definitely NOT me... Ever...

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:08 am »

I will (as per your challenge) vote for you to leave, because I don't think someone who will continue to introduce as much sheer malice as you have belongs here.

Pandarsenic: Please explicitly state if you have any challenges or conditions, to be agreed by both and an impartial arbiter. If you don't do so by 96 hours after this message is up, then the following will apply:

Pandarsenic seems to have Voted for Book to Go away.

Book has said, and will honour his word, to abide by majority as accepted by a mutually agreed arbiter[1]. If one is named, he'll name the time limit for the challenge. If none is named, then it will be set at the end of April Fool's day: 2011-04-01. At that time, I, or preferably the arbiter, will announce the total votes for Go or Stay, and whichever has the majority will decide Book's (real-life person, no coming back with a sock puppet) tenure on the board.

As with any game, you vote in red for Go or Stay. No other words will be considered valid. You may change your vote at any point up to the deadline. Book has a vote but hasn't cast it yet. Unless the arbiter decides otherwise then a tie in votes means Book can choose to stay or go. Final voting rules to be decided by the eventually decided arbiter.

Vote count at this time:

Go   (1): Pandarsenic.
Stay (0):

Deadline is currently set at: 2011-04-01, 23:59 GMT

[1] The arbiter must be agreed as valid by both Pandar (challenger) and Book (challenged). Either may propose one, or any person may volunteer by saying so. Once there's a nominee, there will be a 96 hour challenge window where others can volunteer, and the final arbiter will be chosen by consensus between Pandar and Book from this pool.
If an arbiter is appointed, he/she may choose to change the deadline, voting parameters, whether votes can be changed, who is eligible to vote, or any such variables, as long as the challengers agree.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:52 am »

Wowwwwww, way to be a drama queen.

But if you cannot conduct yourself with a basic respect for the other members of this board as people and demonstrate the politeness appropriate to other human beings, I will (as per your challenge) vote for you to leave, because I don't think someone who will continue to introduce as much sheer malice as you have belongs here.

There's your fixed quote. I'll play your game, though, and take that post of yours as a declaration that you intend to continue trolling and harassing players across thread boundaries. Fine.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ñ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
YOU SHOULD GO!
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2011, 08:05:09 am »

Vote count at this time:

Go   (): Pandarsenic. TOADY FUCKING ONE!
Stay (0):

Toady's vote immediately and irrevocably invokes a hammer. All hail the Mighty Toad. Book is now gone. If this is what you wanted, I hope you're happy.

PS: Toady: feel free to mute/delete/whatever this account as well; it is the last remaining inkling of Book/Zathras. Once again, I'm sorry for distracting you with trivial forum crap; you've more important stuff to do... I've not been a jerk, I've been as prudent and productive as I know how to be, but this is your house and your rules. I, however, will not be silenced, so if you don't want me talking it means you don't want me here. So I go.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU SHOULD GO!
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2011, 08:16:48 am »

Stop it, Book.

Provoking Toady One is hardly productive. Toady, if you are indeed listening, please give us one last chance to settle him down before you issue any punishments. Yes, yes, I understand the need for order and what-not on the internets, but he's clearly emotionally influenced right now, and the issuing of more punishment is not going to solve anything the right way.

Book, I want you to stay, because really, you're a lot more productive on this site than most. I see you as a young me. Whether you see that as good or bad, oh well. It's how I see it.

Just... try not to argue so angrily. Everyone respects your opinion, but try, please please please, to not make people angry on purpose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2011, 08:22:19 am »

My only contribution to this thread is to completely agree with Web 100%.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:03 am »

My only contribution to this thread is to completely agree with Web 100%.
I agree with toaster 90%.
The 10% is because I iz confoozed.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2011, 09:36:57 am »

Yeah, web's got the right of it.

I'd also like to point out that a three day cooling off period will probably be good for him anyway, seeing as this clearly isn't his usual behavior.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:12 am »

I don't really see any reason for Book to go, personally. Of course, I'm not 100% convinced Book won't cause more drama in the future. I'll abstain for now. I'm happy either way. I'd also really like to encourage Book to finish the games he's already in. It would be hilariously sad for Book to get kicked out for complaining about lurkers only to wind up lurking in the end.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2011, 09:57:12 am »

I'm fucking tired of the emotional manipulation going on around here.

I'm not voting, because I don't have a clear head and I'm too angry.  But I'm tired of it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2011, 10:00:08 am »

Let me rephrase that. Book, if you promise not to cause drama in the future, I would love for you to come back and play more games. You're very refreshing and different from everybody else. But if you're gonna cause drama again, we'd be better off with you gone. If you're 100% ready to not cause drama in the future, just say so and you'll get a stay vote from me.

To clarify, don't argue outside of a mafia game. That's pretty much all I ask. If you're about to post something and you think it will cause an argument, don't post it. And if you do post it and somebody starts bitching, apologize. Or at least agree to disagree and don't press the issue. You don't even have to mean the apology or anything. I just hate these kinds of arguments because they're stupid and a complete waste of time. Does it really matter? No? Then just drop it so we can get back to the fun of playing mafia.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:04 am »

I am, of course, talking about this PM that I received:

I've muted Book for 3 days for acting like a jerk.

Toady: once again, I'm really sorry for bothering you with trivial forum crap. You have better and more important things to do. Please know I'm fine with you doing whatever you want to Book, Zathras, or this, my "emergency/road alt". I have no others, and only ever used one at a time and productively. But I will not be silenced. I will either speak or leave, but no one tells me to shut up. This is your home, so I will interpret it as you not wanting me here, so I'll go.

Meph, Pandar, Toaster: Book is out of the following Mafia games: Supernatural RP, WWYDT, Roguelike I. Please seek appropriate replacements for these. We had a good time, but if I can't talk, it's over.

Vector and/or Jim: you win! Hope you're happy.

Oh yeah.  I win.  Because my position of strong disagreement with his dickery said "leave the forum" in it at some point.  What the fuck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:35 am »

What.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:27 am »

Aw man. All this because of one comment.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14