Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: In Soviet Fortress?  (Read 9261 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: In Soviet Fortress?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

In Soviet Fortress, cats adopt YOU!
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 11:58:54 pm »

In Soviet Fortress, cats adopted by YOU!
Fixed for soviet russia pun.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »

Better yet, once you have organized a rule list, play as a succession game. Anyone who doenst obey the rules gets sent to the magma chamber.

edit:
just checked and someone already has one.

Has one going currently, or has had one?  If there is one going currently, I won't butt in but if it's merely an idea that's been done before, then I might just do it anyhow.

CarbonNitride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »

For community games how about haveing the next player repudiate one of the previous player's rules and institute one of their own. Or how about purging all the squad leaders whenever the fort changes hands.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:25:16 am by CarbonNitride »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:45 am »

In Soviet Fortress, puns make YOU!
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 01:39:19 am »

Embark on a tundra and grow nothing but muck root, drink nothing but swamp whisky .
That's the dwarven equilivent of potatos and vodka.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 01:42:07 am »

For community games how about haveing the next player repudiate one of the previous player's rules and institute one of their own. Or how about purging all the squad leaders whenever the fort changes hands.

Isn't that the standard rule for all sucession games? :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

adecoy95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:43 am »

in soviet fortress, ore mine you!

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 03:19:48 am »

Embark on a tundra and grow nothing but muck root, drink nothing but swamp whisky .
That's the dwarven equilivent of potatos and vodka.
This is something I'd like to do. Mass producing those things can be a good niche instead of doing something overambitious lik-

...Dwarf fortress.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 03:23:55 am »

Stalin had plans for a Dwarves-Within-Dwarves project. Following WW2, he was eager to build a gigantic statue dedicated to Lenin and the Soviets who died in the war. If it had been finished, it would have been a gigantic steel statue of Lenin, pointing to the sunrise, 8 times larger than the Statue of Liberty, and veterans of the war would be invited to live inside it in special retirement blocs.

Tragically, the land dedicated to the statue was a swamp drained by Peter the Great with poor stability, and by the time the land was cleared, the Cold War was in earnest and Stalin had died, leaving the Kruschchev administration with no real desire to melt down all that metal when they could be using it for tanks.

Mad points if you can pull of a gigantic steel statue of Lenin as a megaproject.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 03:56:25 am »

Does it count if I make it underground?

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 04:04:40 am »

Does it count if I make it underground?

Well, it was actually a gigantic BUST of lenin, and all that was visible was his head, shoulders and outstretched arm, so IF YOU DO IT, you'd do it with the bottom half of him sort of dangling down into the caverns, hilariously.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 04:45:14 am »

Are you kidding, I was going to DF reveal the map and make his feet fit the floor of the Cavern the have my gulag dwarves dig out a MASSIVE area around him, and for added coolness have ability to pour magma out of his eyes.  Though then it sounds like a project that has already been done. . .  maybe I'll just do the bust to save on steel.  ((or maybe iron depending on how deep the lava is and how soon I want to breach Cavern 3 and how over abundant coal is of course. ))

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 05:11:34 am »

FOR THE INTERNATIONALE, COMRADE!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:53 am »

In Soviet Mountainhome, you burn magm... huh.... wait.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4