Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wha...  (Read 1308 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Wha...
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:42 pm »

I recently got attacked at night by a tiger. I'm a human peasant lasher. The tiger bit my toe and tore it off. Unrealistic, but I'm not complaining.

The unrealistic part I'm complaining about is that I'm now bleeding heavily. From losing the forth toe on my left foot. Crazy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wha...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

That is not actually unrealistic at all. Have you seen the size of a tiger? Now compare it to an average male/female. A tiger could EASILY bite off a humans toe.

Also, bleeding heavily from your fingers and toes is also not unrealistic. If you lose anything like that, you will bleed heavily, although it MAY stop sooner, compared to other things. It bleeds heavily because you have a lot of blood circulation in your fingers, and such. You can't expect to just get a bead of blood if a whole toe is torn off.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »

That is not actually unrealistic at all. Have you seen the size of a tiger? Now compare it to an average male/female. A tiger could EASILY bite off a humans toe.
And that's the realistic part.

Also, bleeding heavily from your fingers and toes is also not unrealistic. If you lose anything like that, you will bleed heavily, although it MAY stop sooner, compared to other things. It bleeds heavily because you have a lot of blood circulation in your fingers, and such. You can't expect to just get a bead of blood if a whole toe is torn off.
And THAT'S an example of why I'm not an anatamologist. And yes, I know that's not a word.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:32:35 am »

The only "unrealistic" thing I saw about that situation was the tiger going for a toe.

Although, if I was a tiger, and most other animals were my bitch, I'd probably mess around like that too.

"Hey guys, check it out. I'mma run out, bit that guys toe of. It'll be so funny."

"Bro, he's got, like, armor and weapons and stuff."

"Nah, dude it'll be okay. Humanoids are weak man, it'll be funny. Why, I heard that a monkey once killed a man in one hit. Kicked his head clean off."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:44:49 am »

This isnt that weird, I had a hag rip off a boot just so she can bite off my middle toe...before passing out, like it was the most important part of my adventurer...and also a worm titan that bit my ear to shreds only to change targets and grab the nose on one of my followers before throwing him into a lake.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »

Eeenie, meenie, miney, mo...

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »

Eeenie, meenie, miney, mo...