Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold's  (Read 1492 times)

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
Kobold's
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »

i am pretty fond of Kobolds I am wondering that if i left an adamantine sword out for one to steal would I be able to keep track of his progress in legends mode? how would this affect my fort other than ambushes once and a while and a missing sword
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Kobold's
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »

Time does not pass in the world outside your fortress, so the only effect of him stealing your sword is that you won't have an adamantine sword anymore.  At best, you might be able be able to abandon your fortress and then go in to adventure mode and hunt him down.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:11 pm »

thats kind of depressing, I was hoping that he would become a kobold god or something, and would lead his tribe to greatness
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:50 pm »

Time does not pass in the world outside your fortress, so the only effect of him stealing your sword is that you won't have an adamantine sword anymore.  At best, you might be able be able to abandon your fortress and then go in to adventure mode and hunt him down.

What about artifacts?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

Sadly yes, time only passes in world gen.  During play, no more births, deaths outside your fort, or any activity takes place.  That's why many old forts actually run out of wildlife, as they literally deplete their biome, and in theory you can kill every single member of a civilization simply by defeating their attacks, because population comes from the total during attacks.  There are, however, thousands of members of a given civ, not listed directly but as a number pop = 9,000+.  That should be a goal for someone, piss off everyone, and survive, until they siege themselves to death.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 09:13:25 pm »

Then they'd have to kill all the dwarven caravans too.

*waits for it to pop up in community games*
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.