Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Morrowind is cool again  (Read 28490 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Morrowind is cool again
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2011, 01:54:04 am »

I am Downloading the Overhaul now.
Dunno if i try out the mod that adds hunger and food in.
Any other cool stuff thats worth having?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2011, 02:32:02 am »

i installed Morrowind 2011 and it is much more than just graphics, it seems to include at least some of the mods Deon has on his list up there because I went to load a couple such as 'Morrowind Comes Alive' and found it was already there.

The reason it is confusing to me is because I dont know much about the different mods and dont want to spend the time to learn it all. I dont want to load mods as a hobby, I just want to play a really good version of Morrowind. From what I understand, this is exactly why the creator re-packager of Morrowind 2011 did what he did and blast all the whiners for whining I say! YAR!

I wish I could easily tell what mods were included in Morrowind but I guess I will play it as is.
As I said, why should you "load mods as a hobby" when you can have programs to do it for you? :)

1) Run a mod sorter.
2) Run a mod merger.
3) Play.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2011, 08:56:11 am »

i installed Morrowind 2011 and it is much more than just graphics, it seems to include at least some of the mods Deon has on his list up there because I went to load a couple such as 'Morrowind Comes Alive' and found it was already there.

The reason it is confusing to me is because I dont know much about the different mods and dont want to spend the time to learn it all. I dont want to load mods as a hobby, I just want to play a really good version of Morrowind. From what I understand, this is exactly why the creator re-packager of Morrowind 2011 did what he did and blast all the whiners for whining I say! YAR!

I wish I could easily tell what mods were included in Morrowind but I guess I will play it as is.
As I said, why should you "load mods as a hobby" when you can have programs to do it for you? :)

1) Run a mod sorter.
2) Run a mod merger.
3) Play.

While I get what your saying here,  Installing Morrowind 2011 was not that simple, has anyone here gone through the steps? I modified the morrowind.ini twice. I used 2 different utilities, one of which did lots of modifications to the morrowind.exe, in fact it made a new one and saved the old one as a backup. It modified the meshes and many many other settings in the .exe. I was doing all sorts of stuff I dont understand and dont WANT to understand, I just wanted to play the game. At the end, I did run a mod sorter, but the mod merging was done by the maker of Morrowind 2011 so I didnt need to bother with that.

In the end, a lot more complicated than just the 1, 2, 3 you have above. To get the same effect manually, I would have spent many hours getting the mods and figuring out how to load them all, use the utilities I used to modify the .exe, etc. I installed Morrowind 2011 in about 30 minutes by following the step by step guide.

here are the data files that are included in Morrowind 2011
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:01:08 am by ductape »
I got nothing

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:37 am »

I see a morrowind, tribunal and bloodmoon esm file there.
God damn, that mod IS illegal.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:37 am »

I see a morrowind, tribunal and bloodmoon esm file there.
God damn, that mod IS illegal.

Maybe he did get the permission, did you read the credits?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:20 am »

You actually have to have those expansions installed or have the GOTY version for Morrowind 2011 to work, or so he says. I in fact do have that.
I got nothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:39 am »

That'll be correct unless the mod package contains all of the game's BSAs (which'd basically make it a illegal redistribution of the game period). They hold all the art/sounds/etc., and are bloody large. Nobody can do anything with an esm on its own.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2011, 10:59:07 am »

What do you mean "Morrowind is cool AGAIN"?
It always was cool  :D
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:56 am »

What do you mean "Morrowind is cool AGAIN"?
It always was cool  :D

Wished it was, since, you know, this gets 9 pages while the skyrim gets 154, but it's ok..

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:47 am »

And just exactly why do you think Skyrim gets so many? Due to it's prequels setting the bar high, and potentially promising a great game.
Or rather Morrowind, Arena and Daggerfall. We all hope for a game better than Oblivion.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »

The answer is simple: Morrowind is old. Yes, it is one of the best and coolest games ever, I've spent hundreds of hours in its world, which is pretty much the only videogame world I might like to actually live in.. but it's old and clunky. I seriously doubt I'm ever going to play it again.
Sad, innit?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2011, 04:05:39 am »

I installed all of the mods deon listed a few pages back and my Morrowind went totally roflcopter so I'll try morro2011 now.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2011, 04:28:51 am »

I think im doing the 2011 too. Overhaul doesnt look as good as 2011.
I have been playing Morrowind and Oblivion now for few days and still can say i like latest more.
Cant really say why but it feels more of a real world.
One thing for certain i hate is the free travel option.It was way better in morrowind with spells.
Tryed to look out mod to change this but looks like im only one wanting it :)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2011, 04:44:04 am »

Can someone give me a link to morrowind 2011?
I only find sites talking about it and video's showing how awesome it is but there is no link anywhere. Even the mod sites do not have them...

My internetskills just worked again in like 20 seconds
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10