Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck arrow in foot and more hospiital questions  (Read 532 times)

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck arrow in foot and more hospiital questions
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:50:11 am »

Well, I've grudgingly accepted that my poor heroic dwarves with motor neuron damage are bedridden til death.  But one dwarf has been bleeding from his foot for years now.  I only just realized that he has an arrow stuck in his foot.  He's even been sewn up already (has thread in his foot as well).  Anything I can do to get him up and fighting again?

What's the best way to kill off these useless dwarves, btw?  They can't move and flooding the hospital kills off the ones that I'm hopeful will eventually heal.

How do I strip the armor/weapons from these useless dwarves?  A bunch are wearing some great gear.

Does reinjuring dwarves work for to get them rediagnosed and potentially healed up?  How do I do that?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck arrow in foot and more hospiital questions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 02:55:00 am »

Go into the dwarf's inventory and dump the arrow.  Someone will come by and carry it away, no surgery needed.

I prefer individual beddings.  Make each bed behind a door, so that you can selectively lock and starve the dwarves who never heal.  You can bump them out of bed by deconstructing the bed, but many times they just grab another one and continue sleeping.  As for re-injuring, you can remove all the floors, build walls underneath, and then remove the wall from underneath the bed.  The bed will remain, as per the "floating furniture" bug, but the dwarf sleeping there will fall 1 (or more, if needed) levels, injure something and go back for diagnosis.  It's important to remove the floor, since this will leave empty space, and then build a wall under, which provides a floor which disappears when the wall disappears, unlike natural or constructed floors which remain even without a wall underneath.

If you're feeling very adventurous, do individual beddings, with individual hatches above that let in individual floods.  This may need a 2x1 area per bed, depending on how/if you want to drain it afterwards.

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck arrow in foot and more hospiital questions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:04:00 am »

Thanks!