Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44534 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.
« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2011, 01:19:28 pm »

Yes, but Maptools is being shitty so maybe not.

IP: 87.244.65.58

Maptools is a terrible program. I want to murder it and all it's spawn.

Coincidentally, no game today due to technical issues.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:46:34 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2011, 02:19:53 pm »

aww this was going to be a good session to...
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2011, 12:34:06 pm »

So, we have a choice here:

I hammer maptools and my router repeatedly in the face until they work together for the glory of all.
We switch over the Gametable.

Gametable:
Is uglier than Maptools, and it's macros are less refined.
More prone to massive lag due to the chatlog.
Works more reliably, if people remember to clear their chatlog every now and then.

The down-side is that we would need to remake our tokens, and I'd need to remake all of my maps.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2011, 01:09:57 pm »

It's probably a Port Forwarding issue; I got the same thing trying to host a server before. If you're unable to host, however, there is a second option:

We get someone else to host the map, who doesn't have the same problems. I was able to get one of my friends to host a server for me in the past, and it worked fine. What do you think? We'd need someone who knew how to Port Forward, and had a decent connection.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2011, 01:19:46 pm »

Yeah, it's a port-forwarding issue, but it's one that shouldn't exist. Nothing* had changed between the game two weeks ago and the game last week. So I don't even know why it's not working.

*No settings on either my router or Maptools.

If any you want to host, I suppose that can work. I know that both Nobble and Sen have pretty piss-poor internet, so they can't really do it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2011, 04:14:20 pm »

My router is horrid for networking, for some reason. I can't seem to get the ports to work. I can see about it, but if someone else can try as well, that would probably be helpful.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2011, 03:54:53 am »

Oh no! My friend is in from Korea, and he wants to run D&D at 2pm EST Sunday too! Ach!

Sorry, but if we end up having game, I'm going to have to let RL take precedence this week. I might be able to finagle the start-of-session combat, but I might have to duck out afterward. We shall see.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

Well, it's looking unlikely that there will be a game today, in any case. Combination of not having had much time this week, and being hot, sticky and tired because of Jersey Summer means that any game today would be slipshod and badly done.

As opposed to just one or the other. :P

REgardless, it's not like we'd get much done without Tylee around, since she's the only one there that that Dragon wouldn't eat on sight. We could skip straight to violence, but I dunno if you want to do that here.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »

Well, it's looking unlikely that there will be a game today, in any case. Combination of not having had much time this week, and being hot, sticky and tired because of Jersey Summer means that any game today would be slipshod and badly done.

As opposed to just one or the other. :P

REgardless, it's not like we'd get much done without Tylee around, since she's the only one there that that Dragon wouldn't eat on sight. We could skip straight to violence, but I dunno if you want to do that here.

Yep, violence isn't much my thing at the moment. I wouldn't have been able to make the session either, and I have a feeling that if violence did come around that my debuffs would have made or broke the fight.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »

My computer is still borked, so this is convenient for me.
Hopefully it'll be fixed before next session.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

Yeah, it's a port-forwarding issue, but it's one that shouldn't exist. Nothing* had changed between the game two weeks ago and the game last week. So I don't even know why it's not working.

If any you want to host, I suppose that can work. I know that both Nobble and Sen have pretty piss-poor internet, so they can't really do it.

Have you set a static ip from your router so that whenever you turn off the computer your local Ip doesn't change?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2011, 05:33:22 pm »

Have you set a static ip from your router so that whenever you turn off the computer your local Ip doesn't change?
I did that when we started, and nothing has changed on the settings since then, so I have no idea what's interfering with Maptools.

Regardless, I'm converting to Gametable, and while it lacks many of the cool and useful features of Maptools, it also works more reliably.

Somewhat.

Regardless regardless, I hope your interest hasn't waned over the last couple of game-less weeks, though if it has, I apologize.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2011, 02:14:48 am »

So, how many of you will be able/arsed to make the potential game this week?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 01, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »

*Crickets*

Hello?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 01, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »

I'll be there.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34