Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44539 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to get a list of loot?
I heard something about gauntlets.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275200

Well leveled up already but i'm still trying to figure out how to best use my feinting with my character. Best I've been able to come up with is to combine my Group fake-out skill trick with my surprise casting skill trick to basically allow me to get rid of all the dexterity bonuses of a bunch of opponents real quick. Double that with my improved feinting and I get to do that as a move action.

Then I use my cloaked casting to give me another +1 to DC against all opponents who are denied a dexterity bonus. Double that up with a spell focus(illusion) for another + 1 to that DC.

So this leaves a good amount of opponents with no dexterity bonus against myself and who depending on what spell I cast (color spray, blinding color spray) they are also blind or incapacitated in some way and their will save will have to be 17 or 18 respectively instead of the normal 15 or 16. Much better chances of them failing I think.

Any suggestions or such? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize the use of my feinting and other Beguiler talents.

I'm still playing around with my leveling up, also depending on whether Aki will let me use PHB II's feat retraining on pg 193 I may also gain another +1 DC from greater spell focus. I'm also thinking of taking a single flaw if that would be allowed as well, the one I have in mind is Shaky on page 91 of Unearthed Arcana.

Oh also Aki I have a suggestion for a loot item a Rapier, Quickblade found on page 116 of Complete Adventurer.

uuuuuh, yeah I think that is all my thoughts of the current level up, again any suggestions to help me out with feats?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:21:51 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Glorious Loot Baskets:

>The equipment of two dead hobgoblins. And the bows of the two that got away.
>The equipment of one dead goblin worg rider.
>Koth's Well-Made Mourning Star.
>Koth's Magic Bag + A Scroll.
>Glorious Axe of Not Much Smashing. -10 to attacks against people with beards... Or beards with people.
>5158 Gold Pieces worth of coins.
>Fancy (but dirty) silk cloak, and golden necklace worth an unknown amount of monies.
>Staff of Life (Fancy holy magic relic)
>Gauntlets of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Dagger of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Belt of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Weird Bracelet Things of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>3 Assorted Crystals of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Wand of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>5 Potions of Unidentified Magical Nature.*

*Unless you're going to identify all of them. Also, you still haven't done anything about those other items you found at the Hydra Encounter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:16:44 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since we just hit level 6, I'm taking my first Prestige Paladin level. I was wondering if you would let me apply Class Feature Substitutions, like you can with base Paladin levels. If so, these would be the ones I'd like to take, since they fit the Halfling Knight archetype a bit better:

Also, as far as my Magic Item Wishlist: a Headband of Charisma +2 would be handy, as would a Mithralmist Chain Shirt, an AC/Save increasing item, or Boots of Stomping. Out of curiosity, is it conceivable in this campaign to be able to buy or enchant magic items in some of the bigger settlements in the region?

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

Glorious Loot Baskets:

>The equipment of two dead hobgoblins. And the bows of the two that got away.
>The equipment of one dead goblin worg rider.
>Koth's Well-Made Mourning Star.
>Koth's Magic Bag + A Scroll.
>Glorious Axe of Not Much Smashing. -10 to attacks against people with beards... Or beards with people.
>5158 Gold Pieces worth of coins.
>Fancy (but dirty) silk cloak, and golden necklace worth an unknown amount of monies.
>Staff of Life (Fancy holy magic relic)
>Gauntlets of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Dagger of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Belt of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Weird Bracelet Things of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>3 Assorted Crystals of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>Wand of Unidentified Magical Nature.*
>5 Potions of Unidentified Magical Nature.*

*Unless you're going to identify all of them. Also, you still haven't done anything about those other items you found at the Hydra Encounter.

There is a skill trick I can get that could help with that... Magical Appraisal on page 87 of complete Scoundrel, it can only be used once per day though.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Character sheet updated. Feel free to laugh at my stupid feat/skill choice(s).

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

Aki is this what you are talking about?

Spoiler: Loots (click to show/hide)

Also there were some questions in my last post that needed answering, I'll copy them over here so you don't have to dredge through the wall to find them

Spoiler: +1 Questions (click to show/hide)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Since we just hit level 6, I'm taking my first Prestige Paladin level. I was wondering if you would let me apply Class Feature Substitutions, like you can with base Paladin levels. If so, these would be the ones I'd like to take, since they fit the Halfling Knight archetype a bit better:

Also, as far as my Magic Item Wishlist: a Headband of Charisma +2 would be handy, as would a Mithralmist Chain Shirt, an AC/Save increasing item, or Boots of Stomping. Out of curiosity, is it conceivable in this campaign to be able to buy or enchant magic items in some of the bigger settlements in the region?

Those all look fine, even though Righteous Fury is a lot better than normal Smite Evil. This is because regular Smite Evil sucks goblin balls.

Aki is this what you are talking about?

Spoiler: Loots (click to show/hide)

Nope, I'm taking about the magic wand-thing you got from the wagon at the hydra encounter. Though you still have that potion you've done nothing with.

Also there were some questions in my last post that needed answering, I'll copy them over here so you don't have to dredge through the wall to find them

Spoiler: +1 Questions (click to show/hide)

Greater Spell Focus D:
I mean, you can if you want... but there are better feats.

Also, I suppose I can find a place to drop in one of those terrible weapons.

Zergling:
You picked up the Run feat? Also, you took a third level of Monk? :P
4th Level of Fighter would see you better, though I've no idea where you'd go after that.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

what's wrong with increasing the dc for my spells?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly you're not minmaxing hard enough. At this rate, even a single suboptimal feat choice could ruin our chances in this campaign, since we've been having so much trouble with encounters so far.

BTW, yes, I am being sarcastic.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

Sorry I'm just trying to play to my strengths here which is basically my spells and feinting. When it comes to close combat Rothil isn't exactly the best at it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry mission0, but that's not good enough. Unless you're getting at least 10 skill synergy bonuses, full base attack bonus and spellcaster progression, and a +8 or more to all saves, you're off the team.

(...upon saying that, I can't help but be reminded of Minmax)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Kog'd beard wishes it could have Weapon Proficiency: Furniture, but it has no eye with which to make unable to wink.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile

Sorry mission0, but that's not good enough. Unless you're getting at least 10 skill synergy bonuses, full base attack bonus and spellcaster progression, and a +8 or more to all saves, you're off the team.

(...upon saying that, I can't help but be reminded of Minmax)

See this is one thing I don't like about talking through the internet, are you playing around with me or are you made at me? I'm trying to figure out which...

Also I'm in favor of Kog's beard becoming a second entity other than Kog.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't being mean. Was being entirely silly. I was ribbing Aki a bit for his minmaxing tenancies though.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34