Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44593 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2011, 04:47:18 am »

Spoiler: Rothil (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2011, 06:52:32 am »

I've just crunched some numbers for the first encounter you're going to be facing, and it's fallen into the "Oh god my limbs" difficulty category. This is even with all 7 current players. You, uh, you might want to use tactics.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:28 am »

If we are doing tactics I'll go for the grapple and forget tactic. If I grapple someone they will most likely not recover before they can escape. Just go for other enemies and they should stay away while I grapple. Hopefully it isn't a hydra, it grapples just as well as me.

Do we actually have any tanks in the group?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2011, 07:57:52 am »

Soli's char will end up being pretty Tanky.

Well, as tanky as a leopard-riding, chain-wielding, jungle-dwelling Halfling can be.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2011, 08:02:48 am »

A few dodge tanks like myself, although with a good enough roll I will still be hit. It looks like the highest Ac goes to Grapple with a 19, although with a well timed cat's grace I can get up to 20. Kolarn is right next to me with his 18 ac. So it looks like Grapple will be on the front line, with Kolarn and Rothil backing him up.

@Akigagak From the first character set. However the one you chose actually fits much better.

edit: forgot about Kog, he has a 19 Ac as well. I think we should do fine as long as we use some tactics.

edit:edit: Just noticed Kolarn has the same problem I did. The Bracer's of Armor don't stack with your leather armor. I recommend going up to studded leather. Since it is masterwork it doesn't have a check penalty.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:08:01 am by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:00 am »

Tylee Mothmoon, Halfling Favored Soul 1/Knight 4: Character Sheet
(Good Cat! Best Friend!)

Proper character write-up is forthcoming, as is my spell-list, after I get some much-needed sleep. Suffice it to say she's got an AC of 21, more than 50 HP, Will/Fort +5 and Reflex +7, +10 to hit, and she rides a 5HD Armored War-Panther. In combat, her focus is tanking and combat control (Shield, reach weapon, lots of AoOs, and Trip/Disarm), with Knight abilities that keep enemies focused on her, and limit their ability to move past, and with limited healing and buffing spells. Her job is to keep all you casters, monks, and rogues from going squish.

(If this goes for a few levels, she'll be adding Paladin to the mix, and probably switching to Mithral Full-Plate, cranking the AC up to 25-ish)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:28:25 am by Solifuge »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:11 am »

Spoiler: Tylee (click to show/hide)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:12 am »

Did I mention that Kaliche is primarily a healbuffer? If we get a round or two to cast some buff spells before combat starts, I can buff peoples' AC.

And if we have any sneak attack-heavy rogues, I can prepare a spell that flat-foots an enemy for a round.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2011, 11:06:29 am »

Did I mention that Kaliche is primarily a healbuffer? If we get a round or two to cast some buff spells before combat starts, I can buff peoples' AC.

And if we have any sneak attack-heavy rogues, I can prepare a spell that flat-foots an enemy for a round.

Realm has one that can flat-foot people for 5.

Well, unless they have 5 ranks of Balance. (Nothing has 5 ranks of Balance)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2011, 11:13:17 am »

My spells get a +1 to their will save when the enemy is denied their dexterity bonus so that may be useful to me if you can be sneaky. I can see it now...

*The brave group of adventurers walk into the room prepared for combat, arms raised high so that they may strike first at the waiting foe. Imagine their surprise however as they see many unconcious figures lying across the room. No blood is upon the floor it looks as if the foes have simply just fallen over. In the middle of the room their forward scout is fiddling with a lock and to the side their Knight is rummaging through piles of gear.*

Basically Whelm allows me to deal 2d6 or 3d6 non-lethal damage against a foe. So if I catch them unawares or they are flat-footed, well we may come across alot of knocked out opponents if I am allowed to scout ahead. ^_^
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:12 am »

And then there will be Trolls.

That are immune to fire.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2011, 11:21:09 am »

Double post becuase screw editing.

The server will be going up in a few hours (8pm GMT) for a macro/connection/token test. I don't expect everyone to be there (For example Solifuge should be asleep, silly boy), but that's not important as I know he's used the system we're going to be using.

If you haven't already got Maptools, please do get it, otherwise you can't join in.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2011, 11:24:14 am »

I plan on attacking primarily by sneak attacking a lot. If you have any advice on how to further prepare my character for it, let me know.

EDIT: That to comes around 1:PM in my timezone. I'll be a little late to that. If it's just a test, how long will you be on? Will I be able to come late?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:27:51 am by Fortis »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2011, 11:27:35 am »

I plan on attacking primarily by sneak attacking a lot. If you have any advice on how to further prepare my character for it, let me know.
Tumble skill. If you can hit DC 35 reliably, you basically ignore everyone when you're moving around, except you can't stop in their space.

Also, how long is the server gonna be up? I might have to do my connection test from my CMPT 280 class if it's less than 45 minutes... Not a big deal, really, but still.
Are we going to be using Hamachi or do you actually have port-forwarding set up?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:52 am »

Are there any feats that work well with tumbling? Mind, I only have access to the feats in the system reference document, so I don't know of any of the ones published in the other books and such.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34