Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44603 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2011, 07:58:08 pm »

TO those who are still making a character and haven't decided on a class... we could use some sort of epic healer!

Or YOU could just buy a wand of Cure X Wounds and have done with it. :P
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2011, 08:05:57 pm »

Would a rogue be able to use a wand? If so, I might pick up a wand of cure minor wounds.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »

Hmm... I'm thinking of multiclassing Wizard and Archivist (Heroes of Horror, page 82). Archivists are divine casters, who use a divine version of the wizard's spellbook. Their spellcasting is based on int, but their bonus spells per day is based on wis. And they don't get clerical domains or turning, they get some Knowledge skill-based bonuses for the group (Successful knowledge(dungeoneering) gives the group +1 against a Giant Cave Spider, for example).

Failing Archivist, I might go for Cloistered Cleric (SRD link provided; also, Unearthed Arcana page 50).

And then I'll eventually go for Mystic Theurge, because holy carp can you imagine how awesome my spellbooks would be? I'd have to look at the custom spellbook rules in Complete Mage...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »

Would a rogue be able to use a wand? If so, I might pick up a wand of cure minor wounds.

Rogues get Use Magic Device as a class skill, so yes, if they can pass the check with reliability.

Hmm... I'm thinking of multiclassing Wizard and Archivist (Heroes of Horror, page 82). Archivists are divine casters, who use a divine version of the wizard's spellbook. Their spellcasting is based on int, but their bonus spells per day is based on wis. And they don't get clerical domains or turning, they get some Knowledge skill-based bonuses for the group (Successful knowledge(dungeoneering) gives the group +1 against a Giant Cave Spider, for example).

Failing Archivist, I might go for Cloistered Cleric (SRD link provided; also, Unearthed Arcana page 50).

And then I'll eventually go for Mystic Theurge, because holy carp can you imagine how awesome my spellbooks would be? I'd have to look at the custom spellbook rules in Complete Mage...

No to Archivist.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »

Okay, time to go make mahself a wizard/cleric.
Also, as is the case with people who are in my campaign, I cannot play on Saturdays. Thought I'd be explicit about that  8)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:39 pm »

Please excuse the double-post...

Am I allowed to use my moneys to scribe extra spells into my wizard spellbook at 100 gp/page? If so, must I also pay 50 gp per spell level to copy spells from someone else? (link)
And can I use the Domain Wizard variant?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2011, 09:00:49 pm »

Yes x3 combo.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:33 pm »

Well I have plenty of money, so I could grab that wand. I'll consider it.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

(Sorry for the request spamming, but I've read a *lot* of books  :P)

If I were to use Explosive Spell (complete Arcane, pg 79) with, say, Lightning Bolt, on an enemy at nearly point-blank range, would the enemy be pushed about 120' straight back or would it be pushed 5' to the side?
I'd also like to submit Consecrate Spell (Complete Divine, pg 79), Practiced Spellcaster (Complete Divine, pg 82), and Reach Spell (Complete Divine, pg 84) for approval...
How do you feel about Divine feats (complete divine)? Specifically Divine Metamagic (pg 80), Divine Spell Power (also pg 80).
How do you feel about Devotion feats (complete champion)? Specifically Healing Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, and Luck Devotion.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pictures.

Probably should have found something with heavy Armour, but whatever.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:42:32 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2011, 10:08:00 pm »

(Sorry for the request spamming, but I've read a *lot* of books  :P)

If I were to use Explosive Spell (complete Arcane, pg 79) with, say, Lightning Bolt, on an enemy at nearly point-blank range, would the enemy be pushed about 120' straight back or would it be pushed 5' to the side?
I'd also like to submit Consecrate Spell (Complete Divine, pg 79), Practiced Spellcaster (Complete Divine, pg 82), and Reach Spell (Complete Divine, pg 84) for approval...
How do you feel about Divine feats (complete divine)? Specifically Divine Metamagic (pg 80), Divine Spell Power (also pg 80).
How do you feel about Devotion feats (complete champion)? Specifically Healing Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, and Luck Devotion.
Explosive Spell: 5ft to the side.
Consecrate Spell: Allowed.
Practiced Spellcaster: Allowed, but remember it only saves Caster Level, it doesn't let you gain spells and new Spell Levels.
DMM and DSP: Allowed, but you can't use Nightsticks to fuel them.
Devotions: Only Travel is banned.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

Doublepost for justice.

Go through these token packs, and find one that you think fits AS A BASE for your characters token.

I will then modify it to match your characters appearance and equipment.

Still post character pictures, as they'll be used as close-up portraits.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

Token Pack 1, GB3_08.

It has the least weapon of all the characters there.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is what I see my character as looking like.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2011, 11:21:23 pm »

Mission, I just rechecked your Character Sheet.

The Bracers of Armour won't increase your AC. But making your Leather armour +1 will, and costs the same.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34