Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44624 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 07:24:37 pm »

I've finished adding a story for my character (under the background tab) as well as an inventory. If anything within the story makes no sense in your campaign just let me know and I'll change it.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:29 pm »

Should I buy a Metric Shit-Ton of Horse feed?

Added another horse.

Also, more fluff! Holy crap! So much fluff! Almost more fluff then you can handle!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »

I've finished adding a story for my character (under the background tab) as well as an inventory. If anything within the story makes no sense in your campaign just let me know and I'll change it.

You could make the 'Raiders' (Poor Doomed Hometowns) Hobgoblins, but it's completely up to you.

Should I buy a Metric Shit-Ton of Horse feed?
No.
Also, more fluff! Holy crap! So much fluff! Almost more fluff then you can handle!

More fluff than your sheet has room for!

Realm, this is a warning. If this character runs around blowing crap up for no reason, steals from everyone and everything, and generally acts Chaotic Retarded, I will drop so many bridges.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2011, 07:34:17 pm »

Fine.

I will only blow up things we can agree by general consensus should be blow up.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2011, 07:42:02 pm »

Speaking of fluff, I just finished this. Mind, it is subject to change.

I have been called many things in my life. Nomad, Thief, Friend, Assassin, Husband, Farmer, and many more besides. There is a grain of truth to each, looking back. Indeed, at one time or another, I have been all of these things. But while their influence can be seen, they don't define what I am now.

As a boy, I was a nomad. I was born to a wandering tribe of Desert elves, who traveled from settlement to settlement plying and peddling their wares. As far as upbringings go, I suppose it was alright. I had a small, but a good family, being an only child. We were always on the move, and never stayed in one spot for long. My roof was the night sky and my bed the warmed sands. I played with the other children as I grew, and my parents tried to teach me the arts of trading and bartering. I tried, but it never really caught on. Rather, I discovered before long that I had a knack for getting items for free. Without their owner's knowledge.

Naturally, as I grew into adolescence I became a thief. Whenever our caravan came to a settlement to trade, I would wander off. I made a game of seeing what I could get away with, much to the distress of my parents. I earned no small amount of beatings from when I got caught. More often than not though, I escaped unnoticed with my ill gotten goods. Usually, when the caravan left, I'd leave the items behind. I didn't really care about the stuff that was actually stolen. I just liked the challenge. Besides, there isn't many places in a caravan where I could hide stuff that my parents didn't know about. The only really big exception was this old sickle, the first item I stole.

As adolescence was waning, I would become a friend to a couple other people. The first I met was Rothil, a half elf who was also skilled in the art of not being noticed. When I first met him, I thought he was another thief. He wasn't, but that didn't mean he didn't like jumping into trouble with me. He and I had some reckless fun times together. Later, I would also encounter Ila. She was a human girl, the daughter of some wealthy merchant living at one of the settlements our caravan visited frequently. As good as I was at stealing, she was even more clever and shrewd. She first caught me trying to lift a small ivory statue from her father's home. Naturally she ran me off, but it was with a rather mischievous grin she dared me to try again. I tried three times more, and each time she foiled me. Before I could try a fourth time, Rothil smacked me over the head and told me to stop. If I wanted to see her, I should just go talk to her. I wasn't good at that sort of thing, but I tried it anyway. It turns out Ila enjoyed our little game of cat and mouse, and before long, we had become friends as well. To make up for the stealing, I pointed out the flaws in her father's security. I didn't do as much thievery from then on, though I still found trouble every now and then.

It wasn't long after I grew into adulthood that I became an assassin. Our family caravan was returning to the settlement, to find that it had been raided by goblins just a few days ago. I immediately went to look to my friends. Rothil was in no danger. He had left the city to go on one of his journeys weeks before the attack occurred. But Ila. She was gone, and a ransom note left in her place. It goes without saying I was worried sick for her. The thought of never seeing her again made me weak, and the fear of what the goblins might do to her terrified me. I hoped that her father would pay the ransom. But no, her father was a merchant and could afford it, but he wasn't going to reward the goblins for a household of murdered servants and a terrorized child. Instead, he hired up every mercenary he could afford, and tasked them to get his daughter back. Unbeknown to them, I went with, taking the only weapon I could find. That old sickle.

It wasn't long before the mercenary group came to the goblin camp. They proceeded to do what mercenaries did best, and started killing every goblin they could find. I however, was more worried about Ila being killed by accident, or by some spiteful goblin seeking to deny her father the happiness of seeing her safe again. I snuck away from the battle, and drawing on my skills as a thief, I began searching the camp for her. I did find her, gagged and bound in a tent, with a goblin readying a dagger to kill her. I struck first, and hooked his neck in the curve of the sickle. I had taken my first life. cutting her loose, we left the tent and fled the camp, killing a few more goblins on the way. After we ran into the desert, I tried to soothe her fears and comfort her. We both knew that in that moment, our friendship had become something deeper and stronger.

It was soon after that attack that I would become a husband. Naturally, her father was overjoyed that Ila was back safe and sound, and very grateful to me as well. But it wasn't long before he decided that the desert was too dangerous, and made plans to leave. For a second time, I was struck with worry about never seeing Ila again. And again, I acted. I proposed. And to my joy, she accepted. Initially, it caused quite a stir. A merchant's daughter wedding a thief? But her father was in favor of it, my rescue still fresh in his mind. Ila's father and my parents paid for quite a wedding ceremony.

Eventually, I would become a farmer I would go with them, leaving the desert behind and following her family to greener pastures. She wanted to settle down, find a homestead somewhere and simply tend the green soil for a living. I agreed, it might take some learning, but after all I already had the sickle for it. I made a home for us, and began tilling the earth. It was quite a change from thievery in desert settlements, but a good one I thought. As the peaceful years went on, we even began considering children.

But that is in the past, and I do not know what I am now, or what I will be. This cheery ending was shattered years down the road. I don't know who it was, but again raiders entered our life. I don't know if it was any local group, or the hand of the goblins reaching out of the desert for vengeance. I was away at town, and returned to find our home in shambles. Again Ila was missing, but there was no ransom note this time. I don't know what happened to her, if she is alright, or if she is dead. But I will find out. I again took up my sickle, and left to find her. I hope to become a rescuer, and find her safe and sound somewhere, and bring her home.

But if, gods forbid, she had been killed, then I will become Death. And I will bring vengeance to each and every one who had a hand in this deed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:08:32 pm by Fortis »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2011, 07:43:37 pm »

A google search for "Maptools D&D 3.5" returns this thread on the first page. Nice.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2011, 07:53:26 pm »

Updated sheet with items.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

Realmfigher, it doesn't really need to be with a full consensus, every character has at least one thing that makes them inclined to blow stuff up. As a chaotic evil character you would be committing evil acts if it helps you in some way regardless of whether it is honorable or not. Things like double crossing someone on a whim for profit is chaotic evil.

But if you are in a city and you decide that a local lord has some nice stuff and you kill him publicly it might not be worth the trouble. So you can be chaotic evil, just don't kill your group intentionally or by your actions.

Fortis, great story. Makes me want to rewrite my background story which I suppose I will have to do later.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »

Speaking of fluff, I just finished this. Mind, it is subject to change.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome.

Some odd things:
Breastplate? Why?
Don't waste money on the Sustaining Spoon and Rope of Climbing. Spend it on something else.
You have no magic armour or weapons. Monies should go here first, if you're a melee headsmasher.
Your Unarmed Strikes deal almost as much damage as your Dwarven Waraxe, and Flurry of Blows won't activate if you use it, as it's not a Monk Weapon. I'd get rid of it.
Endurance is a wasted feat. Combat Reflexes would work well.

If it seems I'm being overly critical, sorry. It's just Monks are easy to screw up and become useless, and I'd rather it didn't happen.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2011, 08:28:42 pm »

Realmfigher, it doesn't really need to be with a full consensus, every character has at least one thing that makes them inclined to blow stuff up. As a chaotic evil character you would be committing evil acts if it helps you in some way regardless of whether it is honorable or not. Things like double crossing someone on a whim for profit is chaotic evil.

But if you are in a city and you decide that a local lord has some nice stuff and you kill him publicly it might not be worth the trouble. So you can be chaotic evil, just don't kill your group intentionally or by your actions.

Don't worry, my character recently found out that being evil and explody is okay - as long as you do it to people no one likes.

I think I'm done the sheet, right?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:31:10 pm by Realmfighter »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:43 pm »

Some odd things:
Breastplate? Why?
Don't waste money on the Sustaining Spoon and Rope of Climbing. Spend it on something else.
You have no magic armour or weapons. Monies should go here first, if you're a melee headsmasher.
Your Unarmed Strikes deal almost as much damage as your Dwarven Waraxe, and Flurry of Blows won't activate if you use it, as it's not a Monk Weapon. I'd get rid of it.
I chose a breastplate because it has the highest armor bonus with a maximum dex bonus of +3 or higher that I am aware of.
Would you suggest something else?
The Sustaining Spoon seems like a good investment, but I'll trade in the waraxe and rope for some magic things.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »

Some odd things:
Breastplate? Why?
I chose a breastplate because it has the highest armor bonus with a maximum dex bonus of +3 or higher that I am aware of.
Would you suggest something else?
The Sustaining Spoon seems like a good investment, but I'll trade in the waraxe and rope for some magic things.
Breastplate: Getting rid of it loses you a total of 2 AC (But gains you +3 Touch AC*), and lets you keep your other Monk abilities work. Evasion for example, which is super-good, doesn't function in armor heavier than Light.
Spoon: See my earlier ruling on food. It's not worth that much cash. It'd be better to sink it into some magic gauntlets/handwraps. You can get Bracers of Armour +1 and +1 handwraps for less than the spoon costs. The Bracers of Armour would also negate another point of the AC lost from removing your Breastplate.

*This is good, as most things that make touch attacks can and will screw you up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2011, 09:37:20 pm »

I updated my story, it is a little bit longer now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think if I meet a touch attack user they would be the first to be grappled simply because they WILL hurt me. When trying to find a balance of character types I would count as a damage centered type.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:47:01 pm by The Fool »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »

Ah, finally I think I have my rp ready... Ware though! Tis a tad long.

Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »

Walls of text all up in this bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34