Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44634 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2011, 11:26:20 pm »

and still... I'll help upgrade the thing to a Wagon.
Dude, Wagon is 65 Gold cheaper then the carriage. That is no upgrade.

Outside of no Fluff, and 5500 gold left, I think this is good!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:49 pm »

Sorry, can you tell that I'm somewhere between the newb and the veteran faze of my D&D learning...

Anyways, note to self... don't tick off the psion.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2011, 01:26:59 am »

I'll step out of this game so that others can get in on a game. I already have ~two games per week, and today I got drafted to be a DM in a local Tomb of Horrors speedrun tournament. Good luck, comrades.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2011, 07:20:05 am »

Here's my sheet. Quick warning, my melee attack bonus is being used as the grapple modifier instead.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273758

Here is a list of the things used to create the character. A few feats are just there for approval.:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: How are we rolling HP? Is it an alternating average?

These are the magic items that I want as taken from the 3.5e SRD:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:49:30 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2011, 08:33:49 am »

Here's my sheet. Quick warning, my melee attack bonus is being used as the grapple modifier instead.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273758

Here is a list of the things used to create the character. A few feats are just there for approval.:
Spiker Race: Complete Warrior (p.15)
Monk Variant - Trades unarmored Wisdom AC bonus and speed increases for damage reduction (as Barbarian). Unearthed Arcana (p. 58)
Not quite. You still get Wis to AC, just not the extra +1s.

Non-core Feat Locations:
Aberration Heritage (Flexible Arms): Lords of Madness (p.178)
Earth's Embrace: Complete Warrior (p.97)
Clever Wrestling: Complete Warrior (p.97)
Superior Unarmed Attack: Tome of Battle (p.36)

EDIT: How are we rolling HP? Is it an alternating average?
Maximum.

These are the magic items that I want as taken from the 3.5e SRD:
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: These gauntlets are made of tough leather with iron studs running across the back of the hands and fingers. They grant the wearer great strength, adding a +2 enhancement bonus to his Strength score. Both gauntlets must be worn for the magic to be effective.
Faint transmutation; CL 6th; Craft Wondrous Item, bull’s strength; Price 4,000 gp;Weight 4 lb.

Handy Haversack: A backpack of this sort appears to be well made, well used, and quite ordinary. It is constructed of finely tanned leather, and the straps have brass hardware and buckles. It has two side pouches, each of which appears large enough to hold about a quart of material. In fact, each is like a bag of holding and can actually hold material of as much as 2 cubic feet in volume or 20 pounds in weight. The large central portion of the pack can contain up to 8 cubic feet or 80 pounds of material. Even when so filled, the backpack always weighs only 5 pounds.
While such storage is useful enough, the pack has an even greater power in addition. When the wearer reaches into it for a specific item, that item is always on top. Thus, no digging around and fumbling is ever necessary to find what a haversack contains. Retrieving any specific item from a haversack is a move action, but it does not provoke the attacks of opportunity that retrieving a stored item usually does.
Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, secret chest; Price 2,000 gp;Weight 5 lb.
Both are fine. You can take any item that exists on the SRD without asking, as long as you have the cash. Just no creating custom items without asking.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:21 am »

One more thing, Fool. Spikers are actually from the Planar Handbook, and are very nearly the definition of 'conspicuous." Expect more than a few negatives reactions to your obviously monstrous appearance. If you can hide it or disguise it (Or get an fellow PC to do the same), your life will be easier.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2011, 09:33:38 am »

I was about to mention the massive book name typo, but you beat me to it. Are the feats alright?

I think it would be hard to hide that amount of spikes, even with a robe the spikes would poke through. Hat of Disguise added to inventory, problem solved. Now I will just appear as a hooded version of myself. I just need to not hug people...

EDIT: Is the crafting option I chose valid?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:37:14 am by The Fool »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 10:01:04 am »

EDIT: Is the crafting option I chose valid?

I can't find what you're referring to on your sheet.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:06 am »

I have a rank in Craft (Siege Weapon)  ;D.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2011, 10:09:34 am »

I see. Well, if you can find rules for it that don't suck/aren't stupid, then I have no problem with it.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:45 am »

OP updated with links n stuff.

Seems we have 5 sheets so far, and 6 interested people who haven't posted sheets yet. I'm afraid I will need to cut a few people out.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:37 am »

Siege engines are under the SRD topic Wilderness and Environment about 3/4 of the way down.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/wildernessAndEnvironment.html

If I did make a ballista it would mainly be a battle starter if we are attacked on the roads. The ballista would probably be mounted on the cart. Would that work for you?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:39:40 am by The Fool »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:29 am »

Siege engines are under the SRD topic Wilderness and Environment about 3/4 of the way down.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/wildernessAndEnvironment.html

If I did make a ballista it would mainly be a battle starter if we are attacked on the roads. The ballista would probably be mounted on the cart. Would that work for you?
I see. Well, if you can find rules for it that don't suck/aren't stupid, then I have no problem with it.

:P

I think they updated siege warfare in one of the Complete books. Warrior or Champion. Though I may be wrong.

Anyway, any reason why your grapple-focused *shakes fist* build is building siege weapons?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:54 am »

Purely for the entertainment value of building siege weapons but not really using them personally. It might prove useful for someone else, you never know.

The name Urist McGrapple is indeed a placeholder name. The real name is Grapple McPainspikes. Spikers have a combat orientated first name and the second is a given nickname. If this is too strange a last name I can drop the Mc.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2011, 10:45:44 am »

I prefer Clinchy Deathgrip.

Anyway, I was wrong. Apparently there are good/better/passable siege weapon rules in Heroes of Battle. I'll have a look at them and see. If you don't take Craft (Seige Weapons), where would you shove the skill points?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34