Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44631 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »

I think I'm gonna focus my skills more on the breaking and entering arts, and let someone else handle diplomacy and what not.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 09:53:16 pm »

Is this better than my previous character?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I made a character sheet on Myth-Weavers, what have I missed?

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

It's better, but I'm not much of one to judge monks since I have never played one.

You may want to look at some magical items to help your attacks or perhaps boost your ac a bit more. I just find the Ac odd, it seems a tad low for a fighter type. It's better than the 11 you had earlier but still. At level 5 you should have some better defense than that.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

Is this better than my previous character?

Also, I made a character sheet on Myth-Weavers, what have I missed?

You haven't listed where the +1 to an ability went at level 4. I'm assuming Dexterity.
Dodge? Seriously, dodge?  :P It's a terrible feat, man. Endurance and Die Hard are a bit of a waste as well.

A suggestion, from Tome of Battle:

Also, for the record, I'm changing the way Flurry of Blows works, so it no longer sucks quite so much.

When you make a melee attack with one or more melee weapons (including a standard attack, full attack, or anything else that gives you a melee attack), you can make an additional attack at your highest attack bonus. This attack is an unarmed attack that deals damage equal to your base unarmed attack damage + 1/2 your Str bonus. You take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls you make this round.

Like the old Flurry of Blows, the Monk gains a second extra attack at level 11 at their highest attack bonus.

Basically, it does what flurry does, give you an extra attack, but it can be used after moving, making it much more useful. Also also, you can get your Extra monk damage when wearing gauntlets, and these can be enchanted. Or we can say Monks use magical Handwraps or something.

And I'll echo Mission when I recommend getting some source of AC. Bracers of Armour are good.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2011, 10:26:53 pm »

Sorry for all the mistakes, I've never done anything even remotely related to D&D before.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »

I've tried to focus my skills some more. Could you let me know if they're better now? http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273795

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:47 pm »

Sorry for all the mistakes, I've never done anything even remotely related to D&D before.

'Scool. Monks are conksucky to build anyway.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »

Fortis, may I ask why you took Tumble? It has its uses but it's a bit clunky without a few feats to back it up.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2011, 10:40:45 pm »

Fortis, may I ask why you took Tumble? It has its uses but it's a bit clunky without a few feats to back it up.

Tumble is fine without feats, especially for rogues. Lets them dodge AoOs and get around people. Typically into prime shanking position.

Also, to the whole lot of you, Realm is getting a horse and cart, so unless you want your own mount you can save some money.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:54 pm »

Well I'll pitch in some money to turn that into a Wagon, I'm also willing to co op with Background with Realm as well.

edit:

Tumble is fine without feats, especially for rogues. Lets them dodge AoOs and get around people. Typically into prime shanking position.

Also, to the whole lot of you, Realm is getting a horse and cart, so unless you want your own mount you can save some money.

The funny thing about that is... well that is what I had in mind for my character except with a bit less of a wasted standard action.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:49:59 pm by mission0 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:09 pm »

The funny thing about that is... well that is what I had in mind for my character except with a bit less of a wasted standard action.

Wasted standard action?

Also, sorry, I was wrong. It's a 100gp carriage. Not a cart.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:37 pm »

Well to tumble past an enemy it takes a standard action and then you stop where you land. It's sets up the enemy for flanking and also sets you up to provid attacks of opportunity, however you can't make a standard action once you get there you just stand there ready to fight.

The way I am set up currently I preform this acrobatic art with a swift action stand up and start fighting immediately... or casting... or whatever is needed for me to do at the current time.

edit: *Facepalm* Seems I was wrong about that... *goes back to do more research into Tumble*

and still... I'll help upgrade the thing to a Wagon.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:59:42 pm by mission0 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2011, 11:00:26 pm »

Tumbling to avoid AoO and move half speed is only a move action. So you can roll around someone and shank them right that turn. Skill tricks just make it more rewarding.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »

Yeah I notice after rereading the tumble rules... I'm thinking of changing my feat to take that into account.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:41 pm »

I think I will join this game. I'll be a grappler attacker in general so be ready to look up grappling (sorry 'bout that). I am also a part of Shoruke's Western Marches and cannot make it to Saturday sessions. I'll update my character and find references in the morning.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34