Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44566 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2011, 12:21:49 pm »

Regardless of how much I want a different job I will most likely need to work Sunday in a time that would overlap with the session. I'm at -6 GMT, so I would have to have 2-6pm or later free (my time), but having these hours free is unlikely since I only work weekends. Friday is the only viable time that I could be there consistently.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »

Soli: That could work. once monthly one shots could be a good way of coping with the loss of my magnificent self. ¬_¬ :P
As for Ventrilo, that could work, if everyone doesn't mind their voice being broadcast.

Fool/Realm/whoever. Well, this is a sticky wicket and no mistake. Based on the poll, I think we're going to go with Sundays. Sorry, Fool. Damn schedule fuckery.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »

that could work, if everyone doesn't mind their voice being broadcast.

Deep and impressive and confident as my "I can't see who I'm talking to" voice is, I think I might have to get a new headset with mic. I need a new one anyway, but I'd have to get off my butt and actually go get one to speak decently.

Also, damn, The Fool's character was in my backstory, too. "Damn schedule fuckery" indeed. I suppose we can just pretend we didn't stick together after that previous mission, but damn, I asked him to work together on our backstory to avoid this very situation >.>

(And also to avoid the hypothetical situation where I get cut from the roster for being one of the later joiners, but ignore that for now...)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:23:27 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »

Oh well, enjoy the campaign. I'll just de-level my character and use it as a back-up in Shoruke's campaign. Good luck.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2011, 04:20:00 am »

Finished stating out my Wild Cohort mount: Mosco, the Black Leopard

I wanted to clear the Feat Battle Jump (Unapproachable East, p.41) with you, for my Mount. It lets a creature make a charge by jumping down from 5' above a target (10' for Medium, 15' for Large, etc), and on a hit they can do double damage with a melee/natural weapon, or make Trip Attempts (like a flying tackle) as a creature one size category larger. I figure it might be a neat way to take advantage of the Leopard's natural Jump and Climb skill, and as a new charge option fits with the whole Knight thing too. It's also sensible for the animal to be able to do, since many big cats climb trees, and pounce down on their prey from overhanging branches.

I assume game isn't on for this week, but any updates on time too, Akigagak?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2011, 06:01:17 am »

It looks like we'll be having sessions starting at 7pm (GMT) on Sundays. I've got tokens and battle maps prepared for the key areas (except for the town ¬_¬) so if we did have a session this Sunday we could hopefully make some distance.

Related, what are you people planning for this first DM-less Sunday, if anything?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

Related, what are you people planning for this first DM-less Sunday, if anything?

Chillax as hard as possible, to recover from 3 midterms in a row followed by DMing my own game (which, while fun, is by no means easy or restful).
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:27 pm »

Finished stating out my Wild Cohort mount: Mosco, the Black Leopard

I wanted to clear the Feat Battle Jump (Unapproachable East, p.41) with you, for my Mount. It lets a creature make a charge by jumping down from 5' above a target (10' for Medium, 15' for Large, etc), and on a hit they can do double damage with a melee/natural weapon, or make Trip Attempts (like a flying tackle) as a creature one size category larger. I figure it might be a neat way to take advantage of the Leopard's natural Jump and Climb skill, and as a new charge option fits with the whole Knight thing too. It's also sensible for the animal to be able to do, since many big cats climb trees, and pounce down on their prey from overhanging branches.

Forgot t say: Sure, it can take it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:12 pm »

Yay battlecats!

Anywho, I'd be up for playing this weekend, if folks are available as well. Also, tweaked and finished Tylee's sheet: she's now a Favored Soul 2/ Knight 3, with a full set of equipment. The negative weights in her inventory are to represent items that are weightless due to being in the Handy Haversack. (BTW, should we be keeping strict track of encumbrance?)

Special Equipment:
Handy Haversack: 20lb, 20lb, & 40lb compartments as Bags of Holding. Item retrieval is a Move Action, with no AoO. (DMG)
Piercer Cloak: 3/day 1 round damage buffs when attacking from high-ground (+1d6), or charging from above (+2d6). (Magic Item Compendium p.81)
Bracers of Opportunity: 2/day additional AoOs. +2 (competence) on all AoO attack rolls. (Magic Item Compendium p.118)
Special Holy Symbol of Yondalla: +1ECL for Law Domain, Good, and Food/Water creation or purification spells. (Complete Champion p.135)
Wand of Lesser Vigor: Grants Fast Healing (1) for 11 rounds. (Spell Compendium p.229)

Spells and Such:
Light of Lunia: Nimbus of Light (30' Bright, 30' Dim). Can be expelled as up to 2 1d6 ray attacks, (2d6 vs. undead/evil outsiders). (Spell Compendium p.132)
Skill Trick - Dismount Attack: If you Fast Dismount after your mount moved 10' or more this round, you can attack as if you had just charged. (Complete Scoundrel p.86)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:30 pm »

Ok so if I am understanding this right the game will be at 4 pm gmt? So that would be at 11 am eastern.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:10 pm »

Ok so if I am understanding this right the game will be at 4 pm gmt? So that would be at 11 am eastern.
It looks like we'll be having sessions starting at 7pm (GMT) on Sundays.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »

Ok so 2pm eastern. Thanks for the quote.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:12 pm »

No problem, it's noon for me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

At -6 here, so thats 1PM if GMT isn't made of fuckery, as I can't help but suspect.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »

At -6 here, so thats 1PM if GMT isn't made of fuckery, as I can't help but suspect.
I'm also at GMT -6, so it's 1PM for me as well.
If it turns out to be a different time for you, there is definite fuckery happening.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34