Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44584 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

That's what's wrong on my end. I'm running the wrong version. I've got 84, and you're using 83

Let me download 83 and I'll try again

EDIT: and cue the angelic choir. It's working
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:42:50 pm by Fortis »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »

AH, there must have been a new update since last week. Figures.

Also, I was being derptarded and didn't actually set a player password at first.  ::)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

I'm in!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »

Switched out to build 83, but I still am getting a connection timeout message. Any ideas?

EDIT: Wrong IP, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:51:08 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »

If you're still up I'm coming online as soon as I download 83, took a lot longer to get some things done then I originally thought...
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »

If unarmed attacks can be kicks and elbows can I use the scorpion claws (Sandstorm p.98) for holding someone in a grapple and do unarmed damage when attacking?

EDIT: Kind of funny to think of someone walking into a dungeon covered in spikes and wearing a large pair of scorpion claws.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:48:13 pm by The Fool »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2011, 05:00:48 am »

Sorry Fool, but no.

Poll is up for schedule finanglery. Vote for each day you can make, and we'll go with the one with the most votes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2011, 08:34:51 am »

It might be a bit much, but what about potions of Balor Nimbus (Spell Compendium p.24)? I can understand if that's a no. I think this is my last request until we start.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:03 am »

I don't think I'm going to allow that either.

Friday is winning at the moment, not that that's saying much.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2011, 10:21:12 am »

Woo for Friday, and I'm going to ask for something simple. I would like to trade my proficiency with Hand Crossbows and Shortswords in exchange for a proficiency in the "Quickblade Rapier" it is on page 116 of Complete Adventurer.

If that won't work tell me if we could work out some other deal that won't end with me having to take an exotic weapon feat. >_<

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

About how many hours do you anticipate game going? Depending on the session-length you're shooting for, I can do any of the above, since it's early afternoon for me.

Anyway, I've been cranking out some major overhauls to the Macro Set. I'll have something to share tonight, if all goes well. They ought to make it really easy to set up Skill Checks, Attack Rolls, Spell Macros, and so on, and I'm designing them to be both highly customizable, and user-friendly.

I'm midway through a set of To Hit, Spell effect, and Attack damage macros that you can adjust with a few easy variable tweaks. Each weapon and spell macro accommodates up to 4 damage types (including elemental damage, ability damage, and level drain). They're ideal for attacks you use frequently, and come with features like reporting Spell DC or factoring in Critical Hits and Combat Maneuvers, and you can modify them whenever you trigger them to reflect temporary bonuses/penalties, etc.

I've also got a lot of utility macros too. There's a new whisper macro that lets you send private messages to multiple players at once, which is ideal for spells like Sending, or letting the GM share the results of a personal skill check. There are other smaller macros too, for doing Caster Level checks, declaring targets, rolling for miss chances, healing and granting temporary HP, and handling temporary ability damage. I've also attached tabs to the combat Macros, which include reference tables of combat bonuses and penalties, and a few helpful reminders on conditions.

Ought to help speed up some of the more tedious bits of working with Maptools, and make up for the lack of rolling actual dice on a tabletop. I knew all those years of dabbling in programming would help me out some day!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:26:09 am by Solifuge »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2011, 10:44:22 am »

I hope Fridays win, because it's almost a guaranteed no on Sundays due to work.

And while I'm at it can I get Shoes, Silent (Arms and Equipment p. 24)? Adds +1 to move silently checks.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2011, 10:53:22 am »

I'm going to put my votes on Friday and Sunday... but bear in mind that if there's games on Friday, I'll be an hour late to every one of them.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:18 am »

Woo for Friday, and I'm going to ask for something simple. I would like to trade my proficiency with Hand Crossbows and Shortswords in exchange for a proficiency in the "Quickblade Rapier" it is on page 116 of Complete Adventurer.

If that won't work tell me if we could work out some other deal that won't end with me having to take an exotic weapon feat. >_<

Honestly? It doesn't seem worth the effort. And certainly not a feat. +2 is completely negligible, and if you want it that much you can get a Masterwork Tool of Bluff for 50gp. (PHB)

I hope Fridays win, because it's almost a guaranteed no on Sundays due to work.

And while I'm at it can I get Shoes, Silent (Arms and Equipment p. 24)? Adds +1 to move silently checks.

I don't have that book, and IIRC it's 3.0 anyway.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2011, 11:31:59 am »

A masterwork tool of bluff... I'm not even sure what that would look like, let alone be used in combat? But ok, just saw the weapon and thought interesting enough to ask about it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34