Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44596 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2011, 01:24:07 am »

Fine, I shall switch to token #7 from set 16.

Perhaps we could homebrew a spell that allows me to inscribe spells at a hugely accelerated rate? Perhaps a level 2 or 3 spell. Or perhaps I could have an Unseen Servant scribe spells for me (from scrolls)?

Failing that, I'd either have to dichotomize between wizard or cleric but not both, or else play with a self-imposed challenge wherein I learn only the spells from my wizard domain when I get the ability to cast spells of a new level, and I'd have to powergame like crazy to keep up with the group (or else focus on my cleric-ness). Of course, if I take a level in plain wizard, or another class/PrC that advances spellcasting, then I can still learn spells of the new levels... might be interesting. Human Paragon and Magical Trickster (complete scoundrel, page 45) suddenly seem more important...

Anyway, I'll post my obligatory wall of text tomorrow morning. Here's my sheet, which is a work in progress (haven't *quite* finished deciding his starting spell list, and I haven't picked his feats or spent very much of his money, and I haven't typed out his backstory yet)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:27:03 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:02 am »

I'm willing to let Mystic Theurges gain spells known at new levels, as they're not really that strong a class.

MAD is a bitch.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2011, 03:49:27 am »

Zergling: You've overpriced your guantlet. You've got an extra 1k to spend. And it actually deals 1d8+3 damage.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:53:20 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:45 am »

I think I'll go for Pack 18, CityGuardsFace_5. Conveniently he is only carrying a shield and the armours about right. It just needs metallic gray skin, a few spikes, and a gray tint on the shield.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:11 am »

Spoiler: Freza (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kog (click to show/hide)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2011, 09:34:50 am »

I'll take bg 3_09.

Not what I would have picked exactly but it's the best out of the lot so I'll go with it. The hair isn't the right color and it looks like he is about to fall over but oh well.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2011, 09:54:41 am »

I'll take bg 3_09.

Not what I would have picked exactly but it's the best out of the lot so I'll go with it. The hair isn't the right color and it looks like he is about to fall over but oh well.

Which pack? There are 20 to choose from, and I know I've seen a couple that would make good fits for your character.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:20 am »

Thanks for making the token. The spikes are good, except for the head spikes which should be going back, not forward. That's just a personal gripe though. I'll just photoshop it so the face sort of matches the portrait I'm sketching. The shield was done better than I would have done.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:36 am »

Spoiler: portrait (click to show/hide)

The Fool and I commiserated on our backstories  ;D
Also, 15 AC isn't exactly a hell of a lot, but if I have time to prepare, I can buff myself up to 22 in 2 rounds...
Lastly, Kaliche's sheet is done. I think.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

Kaliche?

Now we just need Enson, Nernas, and Calladskrina. :P

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »

Nice job on the token. I like it.

Anyway, we seem to have quite a varied group alignment wise. Both good and evil characters, both lawful and chaotic. It'll be an interesting dynamic, I look forward to seeing how we all interact. Assuming we all get to play.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2011, 01:53:46 pm »

I like that token better than the one I picked, so it all works out  :P

EDIT: also, I gave Kaliche a trait and wrote his personality on his sheet, for the final fluff.
EDIT2: the characters  section in the OP could use updating, since my sheet is available and The Fool's character has a different name than the one listed...
EDIT3: Heh, I just noticed that The Fool's character is lawful evil, vs. my chaotic good. I guess we're friends based solely on the combat buddies thing  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:19:59 pm by shoruke »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »

Actually the alignments can have little bearing on friendships. Grapple's lawful evil because of his sadism, and greed but won't break the laws to do it. So pretty much if your friends or helping him you'll have no problems in general.

Also can I use Shoes, Silent from the Arms and Equipment book (p.24)? It grants +1 to move silently checks.

EDIT: I'll keep the token you made, but the face spikes still bug me a little.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:54:48 pm by The Fool »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »

I changed it from Chaotic Evil to Neutral Evil because I like killing things, but I'm not stupid.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:47 am »

Okay, character sheet is almost done. For reference, I want to roll a Knight/Favored Soul with an Animal Cohort as a mount, but had a few build-related questions before I finish my sheet.

1) EDIT: I saw that you allow 1 trait and no flaws. Can I instead take no trait and 1 flaw? If so, I'd like to use Inattentive or Short Attention Span. The later is nice and flavorful, while also imposing a reasonable limitation.

2) I'd like to use the Prestige Paladin PrC. It was published before the Favored Soul, though, and isn't designed to accommodate their lack of Turning ability as a class feature. Can I prestige into this PrC without the Turn Undead requirement? Also, can I apply the Paladin's Special Mount feature to my feat-granted Animal Cohort? The main effects would be increased HD/AC, INT/STR, and spell-sharing. If you consider that too cheesy, could I trade the feature to get Celestial Mount for it instead?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:23:54 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34