Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44611 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2011, 10:51:58 am »

Okay, I've had a look at them. I'd have to advise against it, unless you hire two trained siege operators. It's really impractical otherwise.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2011, 10:54:45 am »

I guessed as much, the other campaign I'm in was building a ship so I chose siege engines as a craft. As for the name suggestion, I like the last name I might have to borrow it.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2011, 11:17:37 am »

Ok made a few changes to my character sheet. The first is that I changed him to a Chaotic Neutral Alignment, to set up his true personality try and think of Jaraxle from R.A. Salvatore except instead of having evil tendencies he has a tendency to do good.

Also I'm changing my second feat from Tumbling Feint to Combat Reflexes, and I dropped two skill points to take the "Conceal Spellcasting" Spell trick from Complete Scoundrel. Exact paging is in my character sheet.

Hmm, yeah I think that should do it...
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »

Do I need to spend the rest of my money on gear?

If I needed to get rid of all my money I guess I could buy lots and lots of Psionic Tattos.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2011, 03:24:01 pm »

I'm not seeing many magical items on you, perhaps a few things to help out your attack power? I'm sure you can do some damage already with your mind but it doesn't hurt to add onto that or improve it does it?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2011, 03:25:35 pm »

Do I need to spend the rest of my money on gear?

If I needed to get rid of all my money I guess I could buy lots and lots of Psionic Tattoos.

Unless you want to slow everyone down with a big heap of cash, yes.

Psionic Tattoos are only worth it for a couple of Powers, and you're limited to one copy of a power at a time anyway. There are better things the spend your money. I'd look under the Wounderous Items section of the SRD, though a recommendation is a Headband of Intellect +2 for 4000gp, which would boost your DCs and Power Points.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »

Actually walking around with a big heap of cash sounds like a good way to draw attention and valuable experience....  8)

So Akigagak I would say you have a fairly large interest in this game, what are the plans from here?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2011, 03:28:44 pm »

I'm not seeing many magical items on you, perhaps a few things to help out your attack power? I'm sure you can do some damage already with your mind but it doesn't hurt to add onto that or improve it does it?

If I get into a fist fight I'm dead already.
Psionic Tattoos are only worth it for a couple of Powers, and you're limited to one copy of a power at a time anyway. There are better things the spend your money. I'd look under the Wounderous Items section of the SRD, though a recommendation is a Headband of Intellect +2 for 4000gp, which would boost your DCs and Power Points.

Okay, I guess I'll use that.

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

Actually walking around with a big heap of cash sounds like a good way to draw attention and valuable experience....  8)

So Akigagak I would say you have a fairly large interest in this game, what are the plans from here?

Wait a couple of days for the few people who haven't submitted a sheet to do so, then try and build a balanced party out of the applications. Still waiting on the fluff for many of the ones that have been submitted as well.

In the meantime, I'm preparing the game, doing macros and maps in Maptool.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2011, 03:33:11 pm »

Sounds good, I still have to do the rp for my sheet (which is partially done as it is) but otherwise it is staying where it is.

How many people are you taking into this campaign?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »

ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM of 7.

So we'll have some disappointed folks.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »

Hopefully those that can't play because of certain factors are the ones who are disappointed. Personally I hope that the game isn't on a Saturday so I can stick with it. With a party of 7 we could do some damage depending on how many spell-casters we have and such. Is there someone interested in a cleric yet? I haven't seen one.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:51 pm »

For fluff purposes, Description will be biased and Personality will not.

There is also a name on the sheet now.

Added about 1/3 of the Fluff.

And my alignment doesn't really work anymore unless you count self delusion as a major factor.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:46:02 pm by Realmfighter »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 04:47:31 pm »

Heh.

Also, something you should be aware of; Carriages need two horses to pull them. Also, they can only carry around 6 people, with 4 inside and two drivers. Some of you may want to get your own mounts.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »

I'll buy a wagon and two mules. That will give us a place to put items and such for the party as well as two more spots for drivers to sit up front.

I can handle the party inventory as well.

Here is a sheet I drew up for the wagon, a note on it. I doubled the amount dragged since it's two mules and not just one. Otherwise the sheet reflects what a single mule is capable of. The Inventory section and currency is where party items and money will go.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=274062
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:33:08 pm by mission0 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34