Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shortest. Adventure. Ever.  (Read 1097 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Shortest. Adventure. Ever.
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:41 am »

Took one step.

"You have melted.
You fall over.
You are deceased."

:o

Tried again.

"You have melted.
You fall over.
You are deceased."

:-\

Tried a third time. No points for guessing what happened.

>:(

What happened? In case it matters, yes I modded the game, and yes I was playing a modded race, but I've encountered that race (gnomes) before without them melting (and anyways they dominate the world), and no I didn't fiddle with temperature.

EDIT: Three different sites. All melty.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:05:23 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest. Adventure. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:01:43 am »

errorlog?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:52 am »

Not in this world...although I did notice some weird earlier ones...

loop path fail: <invalid goal> brute of steam,0,44,2 -> -29,59,0: Id #18371:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at -28,59,0
loop path fail: <invalid goal> flame demon,33,143,29 -> 22,152,28: Id #18403:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at 21,154,28
loop path fail: <invalid goal> serpent woman,33,143,57 -> 31,147,57: Id #18410:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at 29,146,57

I would have noticed if a brute of steam, flame demon, or serpent woman came close to my adventurer, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:33:00 am »

ignore those, those are normal, i asked for errorlog cuz i suspected mild raw duplication

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 10:38:31 am »

Does the world have custom temperature values perchance?  It is perfectly possible to accidentally put an extra 0 in the temp values and then suddenly have a hellworld where nothing can survive outside of worldgen and grass bursts into flames instantly.

I made one once with an adventurer with a high temperature tolerance...the game crashed when I got near an ocean.  I assume it was trying to process it all boiling away.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:54:37 am »

ignore those, those are normal, i asked for errorlog cuz i suspected mild raw duplication
...Demons are NORMAL?!?!

Does the world have custom temperature values perchance?  It is perfectly possible to accidentally put an extra 0 in the temp values and then suddenly have a hellworld where nothing can survive outside of worldgen and grass bursts into flames instantly.

I made one once with an adventurer with a high temperature tolerance...the game crashed when I got near an ocean.  I assume it was trying to process it all boiling away.
As I noted from the beginning, no.
Sig

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:31:03 am »

Oh, sorry, missed that.

....Uh... I blame ghosts then.

And while the demons aren't quite normal those pathing errors are.  Probably everybody's errorlogs get a few of those after awhile playing.  Donno what particularly going wrong with pathing causes them, but they have no side effects and can be safely ignored.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:05:03 pm »

Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 07:13:54 pm »

That's weird...I started a new world and played a kobold (not vanilla, D&D). Wound up in a gnome town, found houses full of !!XXpig tail fiber shoeXX!!s and stuff, as well as !!XXSo-and-so's corpseXX!!s. So, evidently, it's gnomes. They didn't burn or melt earlier, though. Weird. I'll check the homeotherm.
Sig