Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Homefront, that other FPS  (Read 5042 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Homefront, that other FPS
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 12:34:22 am »

Eh, Red Faction Two was not exactly my cup of tea. It's kinda like a little child that gets sent off to the orphanage, to get loved by someone else.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:49 am »

China..nope don't think so, they basicly own the United States, why would they bother invading..if they fucked shit up how are we going to pay them back? lol

Nationalist resentment at Chinese domination in the US-Chinese relationship. US unable to contain protesters demanding, among other things, a devaluation of the US dollar. Chinese military advisors being sent to assist the United States in putting down the rebellion, hotheads stupidly calling this an invasion, cue the start of Saner Homefront (still absurdly insane).

You know what Homefront game I would play? A game where you are a North Korean general after the leader of North Korea accidently raises tensions enough and cause the United States to invade. Your goal is to provide an effective resistance to the United States so that the US can enter into talks with your insurgent group and give you some power in the "new regime".
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Desdichado

• Bay Watcher
  • The Anti-Zealot Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:33 am »

Homefront is believeable. North Korea could kick our asses if it wanted to. North Korea is best Korea.

Also, China is a poor-ass shithole. It has no modern army to speak of; and no means to project an army outside its borders.
"I have a puppy instead", which while maintaining a polite tone, is quiet, calculating character assassination against Toady. Do some of you not see it as such, backstabbing?

At least spell my name right.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 01:43:17 am »

Homefront is believeable. North Korea could kick our asses if it wanted to. North Korea is best Korea.

Also, China is a poor-ass shithole. It has no modern army to speak of; and no means to project an army outside its borders.

A-HAHAHAHA...oh wait, I think he's serious.  Think you've mixed up the DPRK and the PRC, dude.

KG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 02:39:24 am »

Homefront is unbelieveable.China  could kick our asses if it wanted to. China is best China.

Also, North Korea is a poor-ass shithole. It has no modern army to speak of; and no means to project an army outside its borders.

Fixed for ya, dood.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:58 am »

In their E3 2010 video, The Greater Korean Republic annexed Indonesia, my home county, in a few years time (not specified but still within "near future"). The game developer didn't realize it took the Dutch 400 years to fully occupy the whole territory (covering tenths of thousands of islands) and that was because it was still comprised of regional-based kingdoms. Now it's a single country with a population of 240 million; I am sure South and North Korea combined don't have that many people.

Nice presentation in the video, I must say; but my brain is unable to make sense of the story. I don't mind Stalin vs Martians because that game clearly defined itself as a fiction (despite being based on a real historical figure) but this game seems to be trying to be realistic.

I think Koreans' greatest weapon is the skills of their plastic surgeons. Look at how many near-perfect Korean actresses or models are around!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 08:52:01 am »

According to the previews it has the same faults as MoH: You are a cameraman to your companion's antics and are charged with the menial work of shooting koreans between setpieces.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 01:05:19 am »

You want to know why North Korea is the villains of this game, Homefront?

They didn't want to offend China. They even changed the plot of Red Dawn to make the people invading the USA to be North Koreans, not Chinese.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:34 am »

You know, I bought this yesterday.
According to the previews it has the same faults as MoH: You are a cameraman to your companion's antics and are charged with the menial work of shooting koreans between setpieces.
Definitely true, not much different.

Multiplayer was quite lively though, I liked the vehicles, well, except for the various UAVs.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:04 am »

Yeah multiplayer is hot for this game. I am pretty sure it will be full until BF3 this fall/winter. It has nice unlocks and great maps as well as the previously mentioned vehicle drops you can purchase. The best part is that while snipers are lethal, there are many ways to counter them. A hellfire missile on the position that just sniped you is beyond satisfying.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]