Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Homefront, that other FPS  (Read 5053 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homefront, that other FPS
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »

Why don't they just make a game about a third-world African nation invading another third-world African nation and ending the game 2 missions in when the USA magically steps in and 'stops' it.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 04:28:15 pm »

Note in Canada we don't use corn syrup for our soft drinks also. All real cane sugar.

YOUR MOVE USA

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 04:29:13 pm »

Why don't they just make a game about a third-world African nation invading another third-world African nation and ending the game 2 missions in when the USA magically steps in and 'stops' it.

That would be the most unrealistic game ever made..imagine the U.S. stepping in to end fighting in Africa, haha..ridiculous..cough Sudan, Chad, Uganda..ect.

I would have loved to have done that while I was in the U.S. Army, would have enjoyed it more than Iraq and the Stan
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:31:05 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 04:29:27 pm »

WE GOT BIGGER GUNS, WHAT NOW?

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »

Actually...

Per person we actually have more guns than you guys, but some of yours are pistols, smgs, etc. While ours are hunting rifles and shotguns. So WE have bigger guns, though no automatics other than in the military.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 07:41:32 pm »

That would be the most unrealistic game ever made..imagine the U.S. stepping in to end fighting in Africa, haha..ridiculous..cough Sudan, Chad, Uganda..ect.

I would have loved to have done that while I was in the U.S. Army, would have enjoyed it more than Iraq and the Stan
That was a joke  :(

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

Fun Fact: North Korea has one of the largest standing militaries in the world. That being said, they could strong arm their way to the top in a North/South absorption.
On that note, I'm looking forward to this game. Reminds me a bit of Freedom Fighters. And that was probably one of my favorite third person shooters ever.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 07:57:55 pm »

That was a joke  :(

Oh I know, I was making a funny as well   :)
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 10:50:18 pm »

Actually...

Per person we actually have more guns than you guys, but some of yours are pistols, smgs, etc. While ours are hunting rifles and shotguns. So WE have bigger guns, though no automatics other than in the military.

No known automatics other than in the military.

Also, we have more arms production than you. AND we supply your air force. WHAT NOW CANADIAN SCUM?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 11:19:44 pm »

I do like the idea of playing out a modern invasion of Sweden.  I think I'd buy that game just on concept.

In fact, I'd like to see some "alternate reality" modern shooters.  What if the US didn't successfully rebel in the 1700s but decided to have a major uprising in the year 2012?  A rebellion is a very interesting situation, and it'd be fun to play with the idea in a modern setting.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 11:26:29 pm »

I liked Freedom Fighters, and other games such as, ahem, LCS fit the Rebellion bill. Other things include:
Just Cause 1 and 2, but BARELY.
RED. FACTION. One of my favorites actually.
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance was a good idea.

Perhaps this will be as good as those, Flashpoint let you carry over weapons for your Allies and YOU.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:32:21 pm by Phantom »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:30 pm »

What if the US didn't successfully rebel in the 1700s but decided to have a major uprising in the year 2012?  A rebellion is a very interesting situation, and it'd be fun to play with the idea in a modern setting.

Nice...  Tie it in with allusions to the actual revolution to get the (US) player base teary eyed, and you've got a game.  (I.E. make the players care about the revolution more than they did in, say, Just Cause 2 or Red Faction.)

Also:  MW2's battle in DC screwed with my head more than a little, and I'm an anti-gov cynic.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:53 pm »

What if the US didn't successfully rebel in the 1700s but decided to have a major uprising in the year 2012?  A rebellion is a very interesting situation, and it'd be fun to play with the idea in a modern setting.

Nice...  Tie it in with allusions to the actual revolution to get the (US) player base teary eyed, and you've got a game.

Sink a supertanker full of tea by crashing a plane into it wait I didn't even realize what I was saying there D:
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 10:32:03 pm »

world in conflict's scenes of invasion were very moving to me. If they can recreate that then they will have scored big.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

I just pre-ordered because it gives Metro 2033 for free...

Oh... and yeah, if you pre-order now on steam you get Metro 2033 free:-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5