Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mega Caverns  (Read 1612 times)

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mega Caverns
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:00:46 am »

Just got a cavern that was 90z levels deep, what would be the best use for it? It is cavern 2 so maybe there is still a third down there somewhere or more probably cavern 2 and 3 merged to make mega cavern? A execution pit 90z deep would be funny. The goblins would have time to piss their loincloths before they get smacked to the bottom. :P
Anyone else got these huge caverns?

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Caverns
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:06:27 am »

Just got a cavern that was 90z levels deep, what would be the best use for it? It is cavern 2 so maybe there is still a third down there somewhere or more probably cavern 2 and 3 merged to make mega cavern? A execution pit 90z deep would be funny. The goblins would have time to piss their loincloths before they get smacked to the bottom. :P

used to have a level one cavern over 30 levels deep. so i moved my entire fort there.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:10:25 am »

Hanging fort.  Your settlement should be a series of stalactites hanging from the ceiling, with thin bridges strung between them.

Also, want to share seed if custom?

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:10 am »

Not custom, just genned a smaller world and playing a 2x2 in a constant ice biome. Can share save if you want.

Aaand by the looks of it the dwarven civilization exists but is not sending migrants or merchants :(

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:19:29 am »

That happens in glaciers.  They tend to be slow, and you'll likely not face enemy civs for quite a while either.  You're not very tourist friendly after all.

Please do share your save and either note the embark, or don't abandon at all.  I don't mind retrofitting a fort.

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 03:23:16 am »

That happens in glaciers.  They tend to be slow, and you'll likely not face enemy civs for quite a while either.  You're not very tourist friendly after all.

Please do share your save and either note the embark, or don't abandon at all.  I don't mind retrofitting a fort.
Ok. Elves appearently can find there way here so maybe the dwarfs are just being tardy. Where should i upload the save rapidshare/megaupload?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 03:27:19 am »

DFFD is available, Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 03:42:36 am »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 07:37:43 pm »

oh good lord at the Fun!

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »

If you do make the fortress hanging, connected by bridges, just hope for no one to go berserk and smack some social dwarf right down into the cavern below... especially considering how large that cavern is.
Indeed. Hopefully no one goes berserk because the mountain home cant reach here and cant get any new dwarfs. I think i will play this save until enough dwarfs die in "accidents" and gen a new world because this world only had flux on the glaciers.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 11:42:19 pm »

used to have a level one cavern over 30 levels deep. so i moved my entire fort there.

Heheh. How long did that last? :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."