Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 10528 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Camp
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:25:08 am »

So, I've decided to start a new forum RP. It is...
Kobold Camp!

You are the scrawny little kobolds of some unnamed cave. You have to survive, which means eating, sleeping, getting a cave ready, etc. Don't die!

I'll be starting the game after seven kobolds show up. Post your character in this format:

Name:<name>
Appearance:<what you look like>
Inventory:<tools, weapons, etc.>
Skills:<DF skills that you know>
Backstory:<your past>

If your inventory matches up to your skills, I'll approve it. If it's ridiculous (like, say, having full iron armor), I'll veto it. Likewise, some skills aren't applicable. I may veto these, too.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:31:09 am »

Name:Taric
Appearance: Male cutebold
Inventory: Copper hammer, shirt & trousers, Miscellaneous tools
Skills: adequate craftbold, competent mason
Backstory: One of the smarter 'bolds, Taric learnt to carve stuff from stone
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:40 am »

Name: Dugal
Appearance: He appears older than most kobolds live to be, but by no means truly ancient. Dugal is missing most of his right ear and the flesh on his lower legs and feet is heavily scarred. He walks with a slight limp. His face is warm and trustworthy. 
Inventory: One silver dagger, (Stolen from the dwarves), 1 fur cloak, 1 loincloth, 1 leather wineskin full of maggot milk, 1 pruning maggot in a trap (Stolen from the dwarves)
Skills: Sneaker, liar, judge of intent, short blades, milker, pacifier, dodging, animal care, animal training
Backstory: Dugal is a Kobold constantly looking to gain personal wealth at the expense of others. As a younger Kobold he convinced his chief to go to war with a human town to gain control of their copper mines. The war was a disaster and 90% of Dugal's tribe were killed in the first battle. With no family left to shelter him from the wrath of the surviving Kobolds Dugal fled into the wilderness, where he survived as a wanderer. For the next three decades of his life Dugal got by via robbing or conning whatever people he came across in his adventures: he has had his share of close escapes and mild punishment, but for the most part he lived like a king in the wild.

Dugal decided to settle down and join the tribe when he could no longer avoid the fact that he was getting old, and that he would be incapable of living independently much longer. For the most part Dugal is useless around the camp; regularly talking others into doing his share of the work for him. He occasionally chips in by milking whatever tame creatures happen to be around, and can be handy to have around in diplomatic situations. He often tries his hand at cooking, but he is more likely to ruin whatever ingredients he is working than he is to make a decent meal.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 01:09:33 am »

Name: Alkik
Appearance: Male.  Unusually postured for a Kobold, he tries to sit and stand in a refine matter.  Trying to be a civilized Kobolds amongst the brutes, he tries to scrap everything shiny he can and wears it.  The illusion is great until he tries talking...  which is normal Kobold based garbage.
Inventory:  A dignified and well made midnight blue rope reed shirt...  that was made for elves.  He's butchered it and cut it into size, which makes it look like rags.  Also has a bracelet that he stole from Dwarves, made from glass.  It's shiny!  Also has a copper large dagger.
Skills: Competent Flatterer, Adequate Liar, Novice Ambusher
Backstory: A self-proclaimed Kobold diplomat.  Seeing as the farthest Kobolds get into diplomacy is "stealing from others", he's, not very good at his self-proclaimed job.  He once tried to negotiate with the dwarves, which resulted in him stealing shiny baubles.  He took another shot at talking to the Elves, which resulted in the fifth devouring of the kobolds, in which five kobolds were eaten by elves, three were stabbed by kobolds, sixteen jumped off a cliff, and one gave birth.  Didn't go very well.  He now does a desk job, as far as kobold desk jobs go.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:49 am »

Name: Rose
Appearence: female cutebold with a long straight scar on her right hand
Inventory: blue spidersilk dress, copper morningstar, silver flute (stolen from dwarven caravan)
Skills:adequate macebold, novice ambusher, daubling biter, daubling flutist
Backstory: Rose was a daughter of a borrower, and her mommy borrowed her a pretty dress to wear, her mommy got killed by an adventurer who cut Rose, but Rose bit him and took his weapon, and faught him off, the big scary human, then she did what her mommy did and was teaching her to, she borrowed a shiney from a pack of a long bearded dwarf, and she going to borrow some more shineys later.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 12:47:22 pm »

Hmmm... These kobolds do seem to like silver...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:39:09 am »

I love me some kobolds.

Name: Jfrible
Appearance: Female Cutebold with a childlike curiosity, and an eye for valuables. She has a scar on her right shoulder. It is jagged and curving,
Inventory: Large Copper Dagger, Cow Leather Tunic, Cat Leather Hood, Rhesus Macaque Leader Cloak, pouch of stolen gold/coins
Skills: Adequate Ambusher, Competent Knife User, Competent Thief
Backstory: Jfrible has always liked shiny. Big scary dwarf think Jfrible steal his shinies. Jfrible never do that. Jfrible just want hold shiny, cuddle shiny. Mean old dwarf shot Jfrible. Jfrible hurt. Now Jfrible has scar on shoulder. Jfrible very proud.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:44:09 am »

Name: Ruby
Appearance: Pink to blood-red colored gemstone
Inventory: -«*Aluminium oxide*»-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills: 9.0 Hardness
Backstory: Ruby is a valuable gemstone trying not to be found and smothered by Jfrible.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:22:14 am by DracoGriffin »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 12:45:05 am »

Inventory: Aluminium oxide with chromium
Backstory: Ruby is a valuable gemstone trying not to be found and smothered by Jfrible.

Glorious.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 12:45:24 am »

Glorious.
indeed
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 12:51:41 am »

Glorious.
indeed
Quite.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 02:16:14 am »

Name:Hashtfa

Appearance: Burn scars cover his massive build. He's missing his right eye which he covers with a mule leather eyepatch. Many other scars across his body. He's missing his left index finger. He's a tall for a kobold, four and one half feet. He's very muscular. He's missing his two front teeth.

Inventory: Stolen iron cuirass, boots, and pauldrons polished to a fantastic shine that can be seen in the darkest cave. A iron two handed sword which took him months to learn how to lift, and longer to use, it's also polished to a perfect gleam. His lucky dwarven gold coin which he found in a river, polished even more than his armor. A pair of mule leather trousers, unpolished (but not for lack of trying). A mule leather sash. His mule leather eyepatch.

Skills: Adequate Swordsman. Competant Armor User. Adequate Fighter. Competant Dodger. Novice Swimmer

History: "Hashtfa has taken vows, Hashtfa will make good on his vows, and Hashtfa will fight until he has brought honor to his name and to his people. No matter how many scars Hashtfa takes. To Hashtfa they are marks of honor, and Hashtfa will gladly take a hundred more." Even in his early years Hashtfa was disgusted by the treatment of the kobolds, and how the kobolds retaliated with such violence and petty crime. He had decided that enough was enough, and that if no one else would act, he would. He ran away from his villiage and into the Mountain Homes of the Dwarves. He tried to plead his case, that the kobolds were not as bad as everyone thought, and that if they would give them a chance for peace they could surely live in harmony. But the guards would not hear him. They locked him in a cell and threw away the key. He survived off of the puddles of stagnant waters that had accumulated in the corners of his cell, and the vermin the crawled across the prison floor. But hardship only made Hashtfa stronger, each day he would bash the wall of cell until his fists bled, and one day his hard work had payed off. A single crack after weeks of pounding against the stone walls, but it was a sign of progress, and it gave him hope. After a year he had made a hole in the wall large enough for him to crawl through into an abandoned stock room. There he found his weapon, and armor, and although he was stealing, he believed that the ends would justify the means. He fled from the Mountain Homes and into the wilderness. He had decided that words weren't enough, and only through action would he prove himself. He had seen the engravings on the walls of the stock room, a troll had terrorized the Dwarves in the starting years of the Mountain Homes, and according to the engravings, was still alive. He had tracked it down to it's lair and confronted it, knowing full well it could be his demise. But if he would fall, he would fall for the kobolds, and that would be the most noble thing he could do for his people. He fought with the troll for days, until the beast collapsed in exhaustion. The kobold stood over him, covered in wounds and blood. Not a single strike he had yet landed on the beast. In a single swing of his sword he lopped it's head off, and returned to the Mountain Homes, dragging the body along with him. He had asked for an audience with their leader, hoping that the Dwarves would hear him out again. They had allowed it after much argument, and he was given an offer he couldn't refuse. He had promised the king, the Dwarves, and the world that he would slay the enemies of the Dwarves, Elves, and Men until his last days, and then he would have proven himself and his people worthy. He had been knighted and set off on his journeys, traveling with many armies and adventurers in hopes of redemption and a noble death. Now he has agreed to help and protect a group of kobolds attempting to begin a new settlement. Although he has little chance of proving himself, he will try to steer them away from theft and murder, in hopes of fostering a positive environment and a new generation of law-abiding kobolds. He is likely to fail
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:21:11 pm by Stone Wera »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 02:43:20 am »

My kobold wants your kobold's babies. She doesn't know how babies work, but it's going to happen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 02:45:50 am »

Me think you put arrow in quiver.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 02:46:36 am »

My kobold wants your kobold's babies. She doesn't know how babies work, but it's going to happen.

Better hope Jfrible doesn't end up like Caska.

I guess this makes Ruby a Behelit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10