Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Kingmaker 4: Game over!  (Read 49536 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker 4: System error. [Day 1]
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2011, 06:05:03 pm »

Bad town=anti-town.
Sure.  And if you think that's the case, you should go ahead and lynch someone who has 0% chance of being scum.  But oh hey, you aren't, because that might make you look scummy, right?

I'm aware that Pandar or Jim would be the ideal choices (I probably would have gone with Jim if I was the kingmaker), but that doesn't write everyone else out of the equation like you seem to think.
Dude, this isn't even relevant anymore.  Charazad is the kingmaker.

Please elaborate on your reasoning. Why am I scum? And why is Painic scum?
You are classic scumking: not prepared to do anything unless everyone agrees.  Much more concerned with self image than finding scum.

Painiac's partly through interactions with you and partly from clearly trying to cover his ass all the time.

Leafsnail: I don't think there's ever been a game where you didn't think I was scum. And you've been right exactly zero times. I asked you your opinion of SaintDraze. Answer it. Just because he appears more townie than me doesn't mean he's to be ignored.
That is my opinion of SaintDraze.  Town.

The next bit of your post is hideously convoluted, so I don't see any way to deal with it over than cut it into sentences.

I was absolutely prepared to lynch Super. He was hurting town more than helping it.
Sure.  But you didn't.

But once he claimed kingmaker I hesitated because I could have used that to my advantage to get scum if someone counterclaimed.
And now it's clear that noone's going to counterclaim.  Are you gonna do it now?

You fail to read anything in the thread, I see, and you're all too eager to paint me as scum for my actions as king. My scum sense is tingling, and it's telling me that you're scum. I don't need towns approval to do anything, I'm aware of that.
Go ahead and lynch me then.  If you're town and you really think I'm scum, you won't worry about the consequences.

But... perhaps you already know what alignment I'll flip and are reluctant to drop the hammer unless everyone else agrees?  Hehehe.

But I didn't want to lynch Super, who could have been town, without hearing everyone's opinion on the matter. That would have been incredibly arrogant of me. Especially considering that the day had only been going on for a few hours.
This actually directly contradicts what you said earlier.  Did you want to hear the town's opinion, or did you want to give scum a chance to doom themselves by counterclaiming?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

Native: You were entirely too eager to lynch supercharazad. It wasn't something I wanted to do, but it was something I felt we should be prepared to if we had to. You should, if anything, have been turning your eye and your hammer to Painiac. But you didn't.

Why?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:56 pm »

Bad town=anti-town.
Sure.  And if you think that's the case, you should go ahead and lynch someone who has 0% chance of being scum.  But oh hey, you aren't, because that might make you look scummy, right?

You're selective nature astounds me. Is there a reason you're ignoring others who suggested lynching the confirmed townie first? If it came down to it, yes, I would lynch Super to get a better kingmaker in here, but I wanted to see if I could find scum first, and that seems to working nicely.

I'm aware that Pandar or Jim would be the ideal choices (I probably would have gone with Jim if I was the kingmaker), but that doesn't write everyone else out of the equation like you seem to think.
Dude, this isn't even relevant anymore.  Charazad is the kingmaker.

Then why did you continue to bring it up? His replacement is the kingmaker now, keep up.

Please elaborate on your reasoning. Why am I scum? And why is Painic scum?
You are classic scumking: not prepared to do anything unless everyone agrees.  Much more concerned with self image than finding scum.

Painiac's partly through interactions with you and partly from clearly trying to cover his ass all the time.

Your ignorance makes me want to shoot myself. Please, for the love of God, read the damn thread. I have no concern for my image. I'm the fucking king and I'm town. I'm only concerned with finding scum, and you're making it easy for me.

Which interactions specifically? Links would be appreciated, but not needed.

Leafsnail: I don't think there's ever been a game where you didn't think I was scum. And you've been right exactly zero times. I asked you your opinion of SaintDraze. Answer it. Just because he appears more townie than me doesn't mean he's to be ignored.
That is my opinion of SaintDraze.  Town.

The next bit of your post is hideously convoluted, so I don't see any way to deal with it over than cut it into sentences.

Okay, why do you think SaintDraze is town?

I was absolutely prepared to lynch Super. He was hurting town more than helping it.
Sure.  But you didn't.

You're making rage almost as badly as Super and Pain did. I didn't lynch him because I saw it as an opportunity to find scum if anyone counterclaimed, which didn't happen. Learn to read, please.

Sure.  But you didn't.

But once he claimed kingmaker I hesitated because I could have used that to my advantage to get scum if someone counterclaimed.
And now it's clear that noone's going to counterclaim.  Are you gonna do it now?

No, because he's being replaced. KEEP. UP. His replacement won't be as bad as he was, so there would be nothing to gain from lynching a HELPFUL confirmed townie.

You fail to read anything in the thread, I see, and you're all too eager to paint me as scum for my actions as king. My scum sense is tingling, and it's telling me that you're scum. I don't need towns approval to do anything, I'm aware of that.
Go ahead and lynch me then.  If you're town and you really think I'm scum, you won't worry about the consequences.

But... perhaps you already know what alignment I'll flip and are reluctant to drop the hammer unless everyone else agrees?  Hehehe.

I do think you're scum, I'm just trying to see how you react through this and you're just making rage at this point. You're either scum or you're just going to tunnel me through this entire fucking game. Neither of which are helpful.

But I didn't want to lynch Super, who could have been town, without hearing everyone's opinion on the matter. That would have been incredibly arrogant of me. Especially considering that the day had only been going on for a few hours.
This actually directly contradicts what you said earlier.  Did you want to hear the town's opinion, or did you want to give scum a chance to doom themselves by counterclaiming?

I don't see how it contradicts what I said. I want to hear everyone's opinion. I will not bend myself around everyone's finger to please them, however. If I think someone is scum overwhelmingly, they go. Of course, I won't be an idiot about it.

Pandar: What do you mean? In the beginning, I was extremely ready to lynch Super, he was just being disruptive and unhelpful. Painiac was piggybacking, but wasn't being nearly as ridiculous (until later), and now Leafsnail is practically asking me to lynch him. And now Painiac is getting replaced, so I can't really ask any questions until his replacement gets here.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »

Ok, got a chance to really read over this.

Painiac:  Do you still want to be replaced?

Darvi:  You're not in the game (yet).  Please do not comment on it until you are.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24:18 pm »

NOTE: MAJORITY OF POST WRITTEN BEFORE READING PAINIAC AND SUPER'S REQUESTS FOR REPLACEMENTS

I'm not JAKE.  I'm JACK.

Thank you.

Now.

I posted very little yesterday because of two things:

1: I had very little playing time.
2: What little playing time I had, I focused on the game where I could identify things that were going on that actually made sense: BYOR 6.3.

I did get in one good post, but even I'll admit that's not even close to good enough.

Now I've had time to think and the actual discussion is getting interesting.  And it's not Tuesday.  Tuesdays are always frantic, busy days for me.

Saint and Painiac feel like newbies (Painiac only to this forum, though), but they feel a bit way too jumpy still.  I found Super felt scummy, but he's also confirmed town and a newbie.

Pandar feels a bit VERY hostile overall.  Somewhat understandable, but he seems to have used it too often as an excuse to not contribute.  Until he did.  And to push for a confirmed town lynch.  However, the town seems to have gone mad, so...um...

Native was hesitant about lynching Super, but that was understandable.  Lynching confirmed town for the advantage of the town is something that should make the king hesitant.

Jack A T
How about a recap of what's happened so far?
NO DEAR GOD NO.

SaintDraze: Why so silly for most of the day?
Super: Who are you planning on choosing as king at the moment?
Pandarsenic: If you knew that another inexperienced player would become Kingmaker, would you lynch Super?  Why or why not?
Everyone: Please, PLEASE calm down!
The newbies: I feel that I must remind you all of the importance of presumption of innocence in the legal system.  There's a reason that is commonly considered vital to a fair trial.
Everyone again: Caps locks stay off, please.  Thank you.
Jokerman: Who do you think is scum?  Also, what is your opinion of Pandar's proposed Super lynch, pre-replacement?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »

Stop it! Stop it! don't you see your tearing us all apart with this bickering!!!  :'(
(that was me being silly btw)
Leaf's poking the bear now...
It may be a passive one, but a bear none the less...

Native, The one with power is always accounted for first when shit goes down...... Leaf will no doubt move to others after Interrogating you.

Jeez I wonder when we will hear from John?
HA! Speak of the devil!
If I'm not silly who will be  :-\
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:41 pm »

Stop it! Stop it! don't you see your tearing us all apart with this bickering!!!  :'(
(that was me being silly btw)
Leaf's poking the bear now...
It may be a passive one, but a bear none the less...

Native, The one with power is always accounted for first when shit goes down...... Leaf will no doubt move to others after Interrogating you.

Mmm, I doubt that. He does this every game we're in together. It's how scum won the last Supernatural.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »

I would not lynch the nublet replacement of Supchar if it happened, because Supchar was actively destroying any attempt at meaningful interaction and his replacement damn well better not do that.

I still stand by my statements about Painiac.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2011, 07:53:21 pm »

I would not lynch the nublet replacement of Supchar if it happened, because Supchar was actively destroying any attempt at meaningful interaction and his replacement damn well better not do that.

What will your approach be towards Painiac's replacement?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2011, 07:55:48 pm »

What will your approach be towards Painiac's replacement?

Intense interrogation. What else is there but going HURR HURR QUICKLYNCH to him?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:53 pm »

You're selective nature astounds me. Is there a reason you're ignoring others who suggested lynching the confirmed townie first? If it came down to it, yes, I would lynch Super to get a better kingmaker in here, but I wanted to see if I could find scum first, and that seems to working nicely.
Ok, I'm not going to say anything else to you until you reread what I say and realize what I'm accusing you of.  Because you're demonstrating EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ACCUSING YOU OF in this "defence".

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:47 pm »

Poke Poke Poke
Leaf is just poking away...

Shit this certainly seems like hes asking to be lynched...

God I hope he isn't town...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:26 pm »

Incidentally, NativeForeigner clearly isn't gonna lynch me unless he's convinced most other people would do the same in his place.  Because he already knows the alignment I flip ain't gonna make him look good.

It's gonna be a long day, folks.

And Draze, if the king is scum, I'll attack him.  You're just being stupid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »

Poke Poke Poke

If you don't have anything constructive to add then posting uselessly helps nobody. Come up with something useful to say or don't post.

Being the best out of three newbies is not license to do whatever you want.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »

Poke Poke Poke

Please don't buddy me.

Incidentally, NativeForeigner clearly isn't gonna lynch me unless he's convinced most other people would do the same in his place.  Because he already knows the alignment I flip ain't gonna make him look good.

It's gonna be a long day, folks.

And Draze, if the king is scum, I'll attack him.  You're just being stupid.

Fuck it, I'm tired of your shit EVERY FUCKING GAME. I don't know your role, but I'm almost certain it's scum at this point.

Execute Leafsnail.

You're getting nowhere with this tunneling. You have no viable reason to believe me scum yet you seem to think that every game we're in together I'm scum. Even when it's you. I won't let you get away with it this time. Fuck it if I'm wrong, you're tunneling is only hurting town, you're trying to force a future king to mislynch and I won't let it happen.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28