Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Caring for your Tigerman  (Read 6237 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Caring for your Tigerman
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 02:36:36 am »

I'd love to add custom moods caused by actions.  Directly modding it to say "mood +50, right now" wouldn't be fun, but adding custom moods like "Urist enjoyed such-and-such" would open up a whole slew of things.

Apparently, you can request a pet as a regent, actually.  A reaction can have PET as regents, implying that the animal will be brought over to the workshop and used.  Adding [PRESERVE_REGENT] should suffice for milking, except that because it's hax it's not timed, and you can milk the same animal infinitely.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 04:18:45 am »

One of the tokens makes them impossible to milk.  I think it's [CAN_SPEAK], but it's one of the ones rolled up into [INTELLIGENT]. 

As the early 31.01 experiments on milking male dwarves showed, however, you can have a caste of your own race that are milkable so long as they are not intelligent.

Also, you are a sick, twisted player for thinking about it.  No, don't ask me why I knew about the milking thing.

Answer: Hipocrisy!

Which was why I did it to the men - I felt too dirty trying to turn the women into "livestock" and then milking them, even just to experiment with how the whole system worked, so I did it to the men, instead, so that it would just be really, really bizzare instead of sexually perverse and misogynistic.

Doing it to men it's not good either. You have to consider what are you milking and what kind of "milk" are you generating. And do not even say that females like this kind of "milk" more than the standard milk and they use it to cover their faces with it in a sort of sexual make up hecstasy than generate good toughts...
well ok let's just drop it eh?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 05:54:28 am »

Nobody was thinking it except you. It's milk. From mammary glands.

You'll have to make a custom reaction for that.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 06:30:07 am »

and I'm ashamed about that. But I never heard of male animals that produce milk.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:43 am »

and I'm ashamed about that. But I never heard of male animals that produce milk.
It's possible with the right hormones, since all humans have the 'blueprints' to build all the ducts and glands and things. There was this one guy who was able to breastfeed his own kid (might not have been enough to do it full-time though) by taking prolactin, and it worked out okay since his testosterone level was naturally low enough.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Doc_LaKock

• Bay Watcher
  • Broken bones? Brb soap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 09:26:01 am »

This thread turned into a furfest quickly.
Makes an old heart ashamed...
Goblins have no sense of humor. Therefore clowns hate them.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 11:06:47 am »

The major reason why male humans don't lactate (well, there are two):

1. Hormones (easy to fix)
2. Regular Use (if you've got the milk production started via hormones, you have to actually get the milk out every once in a while or it'll stop being produced.)

After all, the tissues and glands in a male mammal's mammaries are basically the same as a female's, only underdeveloped in a fixable way.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 11:35:54 am »

This thread turned into a furfest quickly.
Makes an old heart ashamed...

That's OK, I apparently "fixed" it by making it about milking men...  Wait, I'm confused, does "fix" mean "make better" or "make worse" again?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

This is DF. There is no better or worse, only different.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »

Just edited up some quick cat stuff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maid stuff, too...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, I should edit them to give male dwarves pleasant thoughts when they're around them.

Has this been added to SLADE? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67002.0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »

About male milking; being an avidly active GLBT member with several transsexual friends, I can assure you that pretty much any animal with nipples, if given estrogen, will grow breasts.  Actual milk production requires the stimulation of other hormones related to pregnancy specifically.  Some men with low testosterone counts can even undergo "sympathetic pregnancy" if exposed to enough pregnant women, without the use of injected hormones.

The more you know!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 03:34:33 pm »

About male milking; being an avidly active GLBT member with several transsexual friends, I can assure you that pretty much any animal with nipples, if given estrogen, will grow breasts.  Actual milk production requires the stimulation of other hormones related to pregnancy specifically.  Some men with low testosterone counts can even undergo "sympathetic pregnancy" if exposed to enough pregnant women, without the use of injected hormones.

The more you know!

Alcohol drives estrogen levels up....

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 03:37:24 pm »

Some men with low testosterone counts can even undergo "sympathetic pregnancy" if exposed to enough pregnant women, without the use of injected hormones.
How so?

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

So, anyone had luck with these guys?  Are they worth the effort?  They seem weaker in combat than an actual tiger, get uppity and thirsty, and waste my corpse stockpile.

I don't know about being "worth it" ... my lone tigerwoman hasn't gained any skills (her one judge of intent skill has gone rusty) and doesn't seem likely to run for mayor any time soon, but she likes to hang out in my zoo for whatever reason.

Anyhow, they need meat and water (but not from a well).  Dig a one-tile ditch somewhere inside the fortress and designate it as a pond zone.  So long as you have buckets and a water source, it should be enough to keep them satisfied.  You can make it bigger if you have any need to.

As for the meat, just butcher kittens from your cage full of cats every so often (or any other animal) if your meat supply runs low.  I get more than enough from traders that I never worry about it.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 04:41:26 pm »

Some men with low testosterone counts can even undergo "sympathetic pregnancy" if exposed to enough pregnant women, without the use of injected hormones.
How so?
We don't know exactly, but it has to do with empathy. It work's in a similar way to saying "ow" when you see a girl hit herself in the hand with a hammer. For some reason they mimick the hormone conditions of pregnant women. Then they get all the standard symptoms of pregnant women (hot flashes, mood swings, munchies, a big belly, and so forth). The only difference is that there is no baby.

Sometimes girls can get the same thing by the way, if there is enough emotional pressure to become pregnant they can have a fake pregnancy without any fetus.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...
Pages: 1 [2] 3