Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 14426 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2011, 12:14:51 am »

Also, apparantly there's a way around the region-release date lock using VPN's, but I ordered a physical copy from an online store, so even if I could use the VPN trick, I don't have the game itself. I guess I have myself to blame for that one.

Used the VPN, done quite a few missions in the campaign so far, pretty sick.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2011, 10:35:10 am »

umiman,
have you played with any other graphics options besides resolution(I'm sure you have)? You should just be able to play it with your specs. It is well optimized but you are just a hair above the recommended equipment.

Single player is indeed blah, but MP is heavenly. Probably won't be on these boards much for the next month or so :)
Only a simple mind can be certain.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2011, 10:55:11 am »

For those of you playing right now, how does operation metro work as a conquest map? Is it the same as the rush? Are there vehicles? Jets? Is the metro open from the start?

Edit:
Also, have they added a in game map of the whole area? It was annoying not being able to see where everyone is and where all the flags are compared to each other on the Caspian Border Beta.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2011, 01:45:17 pm »

umiman,
have you played with any other graphics options besides resolution(I'm sure you have)? You should just be able to play it with your specs. It is well optimized but you are just a hair above the recommended equipment.

Single player is indeed blah, but MP is heavenly. Probably won't be on these boards much for the next month or so :)

Damn, Thursday can't come soon enough!
Entropy is not what it used to be.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2011, 02:19:36 pm »

umiman,

More or less, I'm confident my comp can run it, but it doesn't look like it wants to work. Oh well.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

So, should we have a platoon on the pc? Id start one, but i dont want to be in charge.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2011, 01:35:57 am »

Now, I was looking forward to the game for a while, but Origin has decided it doesn't like working properly so I can't even buy it.
So when's the Steam release?

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »

The singleplayer, is it supposed to be 6 hours of disconnected scenes ripped from random cod games? It's basically cod4 with blops storytelling device right down to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the hamfisted in vehicle levels. Also the player character wears some really dusty goggles all the time.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:38 pm »

Now, I was looking forward to the game for a while, but Origin has decided it doesn't like working properly so I can't even buy it.
Do you have XP? It doesn't work on XP *throws computer out window onto busy road, whilst still holding it*

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »

The singleplayer, is it supposed to be 6 hours of disconnected scenes ripped from random cod games? It's basically cod4 with blops storytelling device right down to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the hamfisted in vehicle levels. Also the player character wears some really dusty goggles all the time.

Because BF is all about multiplayer and the only reason for having the single player campaign was a tutorial for multiplayer basically where they gave you a little of everything.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »

Because BF is all about multiplayer and the only reason for having the single player campaign was a tutorial for multiplayer basically where they gave you a little of everything.

At least no one can say there is a lack of quick-time events in BF3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2nWeRjixPQ&feature=player_embedded
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2011, 07:47:32 pm »

Do you have XP? It doesn't work on XP *throws computer out window onto busy road, whilst still holding it*

Windows 7.

Although after reading all the horror stories about EA and Origin I don't really feel like buying it now anyways.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

I never thought I would see anything as bad as Windows Live, Origins is worse.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

How is it worse? My experience with Origins is limited, and I've never even touched Windows Live.

All I know is that my sister had installed Origins on her XP computer and it killed it dead. We couldn't even start it up in Safe Mode. It could have been something else, but computers generally mess up right after you do the Horrible Thing to them. So it's already left a bad taste in my mouth.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2011, 02:47:38 am »

Played around some 30-40 minutes earlier this morning, couldn't get multiplayer working but singleplayer was okay so far (however far you get in about half an hour  :P).

For some reason there's autoaim on all but the hardest difficulty. Kind of strange I think, but whatever. The only thing I didn't like so far is all those random quick-time events it keeps throwing at you. But I'm not convinced the game is all that awesome either so far.

Again only based on a short time playing around in single player. I'm sure the multiplayer part is where most of the fun stuff will be going on.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16