Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 14435 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »

you lucky Europeans get a better version than we do since there is usually a day 1 or 2 patch to fix the buggy releases. But yes, I do get to play sooner. Sorry.

Well, as far as I know the day 1 patch is already out (and was in fact included in the pre-load). But I guess it evens out in the end, there are certainly more bugs and crashes that were not fixed in the day 1 patch that you can experience for us.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »

you lucky Europeans get a better version than we do since there is usually a day 1 or 2 patch to fix the buggy releases. But yes, I do get to play sooner. Sorry.

Look at the Bad company 2 beta, and then look at bad company 2. Major difference. It will be the same, it's gonna be CLEAN AS FUCK compared to the beta. I can not fucking wait for this shit.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2011, 04:44:11 pm »

Also, apparantly there's a way around the region-release date lock using VPN's, but I ordered a physical copy from an online store, so even if I could use the VPN trick, I don't have the game itself. I guess I have myself to blame for that one.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »

I just got an email from origin saying the release date was just changed to oct 24 (today). I will be able to investigate shortly, and report back post haste!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2011, 05:31:25 pm »

Glad I have it preloaded! My friend was going on and on the other day about the evils of Origin, and how it steals your computer data and sells it to peole. to which I say sure, cool, do that, I'ma go shoot people now!

HA! REBUTAL!

Anyways, less than 12 hours! (although I work, so you know, more like just over 24 hours for me).
I'm so on the border about this game. On the one hand, Origin is an incarnation of the evil of EA and I'd rather not have it on my computer or support EA in their evil escapades. On the other hand, I'll love this game to death.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Eh, I was planning on getting this game but I saw a video of it and the game just looked like a bunch of people camping really. Doesn't help that I would have to download Origins, WHICH IS THE DEMON SPAWN OF LUCIFER HIMSELF.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2011, 05:43:05 pm »

Bah, for those who care, the email was a lie, A LIE!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »

Used the VPN, done quite a few missions in the campaign so far, pretty sick.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »

I can't play this. I don't know if my computer just sucks or what but even on the very lowest resolution and the lowest graphical settings, all it does is jerk my screen around like a kid in a seizure every time I try to move.

Literally, if I press w or e or whatever, the entire screen starting jerking around like a bear is wrestling my face.

It's kinda like it's autoadjusting the computer monitor's resolution every single time I move.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2011, 10:08:44 pm »

what are your specs? also, if you have an nvidia card, there was a new driver today for it
Only a simple mind can be certain.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:40 pm »

Intel Core2Duo E8400@3GHz
4gb RAM
Nvidia 9600gt
Windows 7 64-bit

And yeah, I installed the brand new 285.62 driver.

It didn't matter if I played at 1680x1050 resolution or 800x600 resolution, it was still unplayable (though at 800x600, it wasn't as bad).

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:04 pm »

Beat the campaign played some MP. The SP is okay, mostly as they said it can be a ramp into MP, and it shows off cool graphics and some scenes, etc. But after playing the first round of MP, I almost cried I was so happy. It's fucking amazing.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:10 am »

Beat the campaign played some MP. The SP is okay, mostly as they said it can be a ramp into MP, and it shows off cool graphics and some scenes, etc. But after playing the first round of MP, I almost cried I was so happy. It's fucking amazing.

You played the whole campaign to completion in how many hours? Either its the shortest AAA game ever or I completely cannot comprehend what kids are up to these days.
I got nothing

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2011, 12:04:18 am »

You played the whole campaign to completion in how many hours? Either its the shortest AAA game ever or I completely cannot comprehend what kids are up to these days.

5-6 hours, basically same as BC2, every cod game, etc.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2011, 12:06:07 am »

5-6 hours, basically same as BC2, every cod game, etc.

I thought it only released at midnight EST?  Original post was at 30 minutes past midnight EST?

KG
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16