Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 14420 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:36 am »

Does anyone know how the console version and PC version differ?

My PC can't handle this but obviously my PS3 can, is the MP the same?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:41 am »

The big difference is that consoles have half the maximum amount of players allowed per match. 64 vs 32.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2011, 05:30:19 am »

Consoles only get 24 players.

And graphics are much reduced in the console versions, if you care about that.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2011, 06:16:04 am »

The main battlefield games have always been best on PC anyways.
On Origin. I find it a lot better than GFWL personally. Not only has it yet to attempt to devour my first born, but I can actually play online with it. (at first it was a bit wonky, but nothing a restart didn't fix permenantly).

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:10 am »

Dice is having some minor issues with their update and Punkbuster where a percentage of users get kicked from servers with "Kicked by admin" message despite no wrongdoing. As of 11pm EDT they were aware of it and will be working on it today.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2011, 11:32:19 am »

Does anyone know if the PC version of battlefield 3 uses securom or another invasive and destructive form of DRM? I want to play, but I am boycotting anything with that kind of BS.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2011, 12:57:53 pm »

Does anyone know if the PC version of battlefield 3 uses securom or another invasive and destructive form of DRM? I want to play, but I am boycotting anything with that kind of BS.

Depends on who you talk to, some don't mind Origin, and some view it as the devil. Not really sure how invasive it is, but it hasn't broken my computer yet.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »

it's an always online drm apparently, meaning you need an online connection to play. Since you SHOULD be buying it for the multiplayer experience, it's no big deal. If you want it for single player, buy MW3 next month instead. However, I STRONGLY doubt MW3 will have anything as awesome as the massive vehicular combat or destructible terrain.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:06 pm »

Boycott it. If you even consider buying it, look at Origin's EULA and you'll probably be massively annoyed if you're normally annoyed by DRM.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:58 pm »

From what I've read on Wikipedia, they've removed most of the stuff that allows them to sell your information to third parties. Other than that, by installing it, you agree that you can't sue them for anything.

It's nothing I don't expect from EA, but I think I'm going to pass for now, as awesome as the game may be. Not for Origin alone, mind - I'd have to upgrade my OS, too, which I totally don't want to do right now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »

every company has these types of agreements now. Every game company, music service, internet browser/search engine, social media, job search, and video player. Get with the times or make versions of these products for us to use without this type of revenue stream.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »

Not for Origin alone, mind - I'd have to upgrade my OS, too, which I totally don't want to do right now.

The cost doesn't match the benefit in my case.

I totally recognize all that, and I know EA's just covering its rear in case some guy decides to sue them for giggles and grins. I don't like EA for what it's done to certain developers, but I'm not going to boycott their games - Heck, if I could install it all right now, I'd probably buy BF3. At the moment, though, I don't want to jump through hoops just to play a single game. It's way more than I want to deal with at the moment.

"Getting with the times" just requires more than I'm willing to give in this case, and it has little to do with legal stuff. The chance I'd ever have to deal that side of things is practically zero, so I don't sweat that stuff.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2011, 04:06:24 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_17Uvfwes&feature=player_embedded

Watch this if you are thinking of buying BF3, this will MAKE you buy it.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2011, 08:55:09 am »

I lol'd.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2011, 02:41:50 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_17Uvfwes&feature=player_embedded

Watch this if you are thinking of buying BF3, this will MAKE you buy it.

I laughed a lot harder than I should have.  Particularly at the claymores on the Humvee.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16