Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So wait...  (Read 650 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
So wait...
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »

What happens when you build a coffin somewhere and then dig/take out the roof above it?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Fayceless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So wait...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:50 pm »

I don't think the coffins take into account indoor/outdoor, but I've never tested that.

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:48:08 pm »

I assume you're talking about the fact that you cannot build burial receptacles outdoors. I think if you build it underground and then reveal it to aboveground it will remain there; however, if you remove it at a later time and then attempt to build a new coffin in that same place you will not be able to do so because that place is now marked as outside.

This is kind of like when you build a cage on top of a wall and then deconstruct the wall (causes the cage to float, not collapse). It works because you met the requirements to build it at the time of its placement and once built the building does not check for those conditions again.
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:50:54 pm »

'Ts what I thought. Thanks!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 05:22:59 pm »

For example, I mined out a chamber in a frozen ocean and set two coffins on the seafloor.

They remained there after the ocean thawed.

And it somehow stained the walls with a "Salt" contaminant.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:54:19 pm »

When you deconstruct a coffin, the body pops out, but I don't believe this will happen when exposed to sunlight.  Beds are also indoor-only, but when exposed to light, they remain, albeit useless.  Dwarves will not sleep in an outdoor bed, and I assume the same is true of coffins.  If it's empty, and light, it will remain empty.