Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147957 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:50 pm »

Playing a high Dex / Endurance build is fun. I can stab with Estoc and jump back behind my shield (and also use the Gargoyle Tail Axe because that apparently scales off Dex).

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1846 on: April 15, 2014, 11:25:36 pm »

First invader eh? Was it the knight of thorns?
>Grizzly adams uses Bubble-pop!

No, it was a standard red phantom player. I encountered Kirk shortly afterwards, but he's hardly worth mentioning.
Huh, was he distinctly not a twink or did you kick him into a pit or somesuch?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 15, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »

First invader eh? Was it the knight of thorns?
>Grizzly adams uses Bubble-pop!

No, it was a standard red phantom player. I encountered Kirk shortly afterwards, but he's hardly worth mentioning.
Huh, was he distinctly not a twink or did you kick him into a pit or somesuch?

Distinctly not a twink. He was dealing about as much damage as I was, which is not much (about 90-110 with the Estoc, and he was doing maybe 130 on a properly connected hit.)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1848 on: April 16, 2014, 01:36:27 am »

You lucky bastard.

It was ages ago, but I think my first was a ninja-flipper with a lightning washing pole. Killed me right above Solaire. Wasn't impressed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:41:04 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 16, 2014, 02:05:09 am »

For reference, this is my half assed "i'm not following a build because I'm edgy" character.

Estoc+6 / Gargoyle Tail Axe +5

Black Knight Shield + 1
Balder Knight Armor + 5
Heavy Boots +4
Leather Gauntlets + 5
Havel's Ring
some ring that i can't remember the name that lets me heal on kill
Gargoyle Helmet + 3.

Slvl about 32, most points in Dex, Vit and Strength, Pyromancer.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1850 on: April 16, 2014, 02:11:03 am »

For reference, this is my half assed "i'm not following a build because I'm edgy" character.
Heh, you might come to regret that.
You can plan your own if that's the issue- Everyone and their mom uses http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
Badges of honor

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:20 am »

Eh, I function pretty well in PvE thus far.

I also defeated the Gaping Dragon, finally, and replaced the Gargoyle Helmet with the Helmet of Wisdom or whatever it's called that you get from Domnhall of Zena. I also bought the Glorious Armor. Same one from Domnhall. Holy crap it's good fun.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:06 am »

With my first character I did regret not knowing enough but only once I learned about the diminishing returns for pushing skills past 45 or 50.  At the same time, I did just fine playing through the game.  I'm still bitter about that system, though.  I don't really understand why they implemented it to give less as you give more.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »

So, um, I made a thing. It could use some more people who know about Dark Souls.

Shameless self promotion aside, and I feel stupid for never noticing this before, but today I noticed that there are a shit ton of taurus demons standing around where Ceaseless Discharge once was. Is there anything worth looting over there?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1854 on: April 16, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »

I think there was a ring and something else. Plus, 'What, scared are you?'
Badges of honor

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 16, 2014, 05:21:24 pm »

There's the Chaos Flame Ember, I think. And maybe one or two souls.

There's really nothing of value there.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1856 on: April 16, 2014, 07:46:13 pm »

There's really nothing of value there.
Yeah not a lot of useful stuff over there. The good stuff is surrounded by lava so you can't get it without either lots of CON and flame RES or the cracked ring. Fighting the demons is fun though!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 17, 2014, 01:48:11 am »

Something of note is that there is a boss that gives a ring that makes you take very, very little damage from lava.

It makes the damage somewhere halfway between poison and toxic.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55:21 am »

I could 2-shot the demons with my zweihander, so if you have a strong weapon and a bow you can pull them to you one at a time. Also, you can get Quelaag's sword witohut having to getting the chaos ember, so unless you really have a weapon in mind to upgrade into chaos I don't see why you'd want to go over there other than murdering a bunch of demons.

Speaking of that (I forget if I mentioned this...), on my supposed co-op character I was running around undead burg, but I was getting enough souls to level before I got to the boss almost constantly. This lead to me having a fairly decent enough amount of humanity with all the things I was repeatedly killing. Then, on a whim, I decided to go murder the black knight before the boss. Zweihander naturally did wonders staggering him, and he actually dropped a black knight sword.

Afterwards I sequence broke and killed Havel with the thing, went to the blacksmith, went to get the three firekeeper souls that you can get access to before any of the bosses (This is a mistake by the way, don't do it), got chloranthy ring, then when I finally decided to progress and kill the bridge taurus demon I one shotted him with a plunging attack from the black knight sword. That was pretty awesome, it's a shame the black knight weapons have such a silly power attack, otherwise I wouldn't mind using them so much.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1859 on: April 17, 2014, 04:14:35 pm »

went to get the three firekeeper souls that you can get access to before any of the bosses (This is a mistake by the way, don't do it)
Yep. Only pick up 1 or else something happens.

Little-known fact: black knight weapons deal extra damage to demons. Black knight sword is still grungy though. (yuck)
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 127