Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147973 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1800 on: April 04, 2014, 02:39:43 pm »

So, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was thinking of doing a Dark Souls inspired module for NWN. It would mainly be for me and a couple friends, but anyone here who has Neverwinter Nights would be welcome if I can get it to work.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 06, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed when I found out that the key to winning basically the entire game was just to perfect your parry timing.

Winning the game, or winning in PvP?  Most bosses cannot be parried.  PvP parrying is ridiculous because of the lag and I can totally see where you're coming from if that's what you mean.  That alone basically made me hate PvP.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 06, 2014, 11:22:36 pm »

So, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was thinking of doing a Dark Souls inspired module for NWN. It would mainly be for me and a couple friends, but anyone here who has Neverwinter Nights would be welcome if I can get it to work.

oh heck yes, i'd be up for this

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1803 on: April 06, 2014, 11:27:48 pm »

Wish I could play NWN.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 07, 2014, 12:40:45 am »

Do you have anything against hakpaks? I might need to use some for this.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 07, 2014, 02:10:10 am »

In relation to the parrying discussion - the thing is, literally EVERYTHING in the entire game can be parried, sort of. Only exception is grab attacks. If it has some kind of physical component, you can at the very least partially parry it, which reduces damage as half the reduction if you had blocked with whatever you parried with, as well as preventing you from being stunned or losing poise.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 07, 2014, 02:58:11 am »

Dunno what a hakpak is, i haven't played NWN in a very long time.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 07, 2014, 04:16:36 am »

-whoops wrong thread-

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 07, 2014, 10:25:47 am »

Dunno what a hakpak is, i haven't played NWN in a very long time.
Custom content. To play a module with hakpaks, you yourself would need those hakpaks. I think they can download automatically from the server but I'm not sure.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 08, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »

Alright, sorry for double post but for now I've decided not to use hakpaks, so that anyone who's interested in the module won't have to go download stuff.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 15, 2014, 08:10:49 am »

After an accumulated 201 hours of playtime, finally beat Gwyn for the first time, with ten days left until Dark Souls 2.

Feels good.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14:22 am »

Was all that playtime on one character, or spread out among multiple?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:23 am »

Spread out among several.

I spent a /lot/ of time dicking around on other attempts, and mucking around with PvP and cheat engine and whatnot.

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 15, 2014, 10:55:41 am »

So I finally got back to playing Dark Souls and finally beat Sen's Fortress (the place where I stopped playing a few months ago). Was kinda of surprised how easy the enemies there would be if you wouldn't be bothered by swinging axeblades, giant stones, etc.
My problem now is that I have no clue on what equipment/armor/weapons I should bring to Anor Londo. ATM I'm using the Dragon Sword (from the Bridge Dragon) and a Balder shield together with chainmail armour (I have a set of Balder armour in my inventory, but in Sen's Fortress it kinda helped being able to dodge efficiently), but it kinda seems there should be something better. Are there any good armor sets around (heavy armor) and is it useful to ascend my Claymore to +10 and giving it fire damage? Or should I use the Lightning Spear from Sen's?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 15, 2014, 11:04:16 am »

You should stop using the Drake's sword once you get to Anor Londo, its damage stops being good. Unless you've been increasing your strength/dexterity, of course. If you have, I'd say get that claymore up to +11 if you can, because lightning does not scale with stats (and some things in Anor Londo are immune to lightning).
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 127