Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148070 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1725 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:09 pm »

I'll grant you those guys. While they CAN be beaten with judicious use of drop attacks, it's a pain in the ass so I made an exception for them and used the Black Knight Sword. I don't even know if it's possible to win against the Four Kings with punch only.

The normal giant guards are easily punchable, though, if you fight them one at a time. And lightning cestus or chaos cestus do a respectable amount of damage when you consider their speed. Also, nothing's more satisfying than punching Super Ornstein to death.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 03, 2014, 07:19:26 pm »

Giant guards, normal AND royal, are actually some of the easiest enemies you'll face. Slow, relatively low damage, and easily dodge-able.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 03, 2014, 07:52:45 pm »

Giant guards, normal AND royal, are actually some of the easiest enemies you'll face. Slow, relatively low damage, and easily dodge-able.

Though if you get both the royal ones after you, they sometimes tag-team for one to distract you while the other heals.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 03, 2014, 07:53:41 pm »

Just realized that I never actually beat Dark Souls. I should probably do that, my friend's pretty excited for DS2.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 03, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

Though if you get both the royal ones after you, they sometimes tag-team for one to distract you while the other heals.

At which part? Inside the hall or the ones guarding the gateway?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 03, 2014, 08:00:08 pm »

At which part? Inside the hall or the ones guarding the gateway?
The only royal ones (the ones with the cloth over their armor, who can use miracles) in the whole game are in the hall, right before the O&S. However, this seems to apply to all the giants and most bosses:

Quote from: Yahtzee
weak to the strategy of burying your face in their arse, slashing at their back leg and rolling away whenever they start winding up their stomp attack for the requisite eleven and a half minutes.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 10, 2014, 06:14:00 am »

I wish someone would have told me Quelagg and Ceaseless Discharge were total jokes.
I would have gotten them done so much earlier than last night.
Also, I've heard horror stories about Sen's Fortress, but I fail to see the problem. Is it just because it's impossible to figure out where you're going?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 10, 2014, 08:18:13 am »

Primarily because Sen's Fortress is full of corridors and falling and big enemies to accidentally walk against and fall off a narrow bridge or get hit by a swinging axe and fall off a narrow bridge or get hit by a lightning bolt and fall off a narrow bridge or fall off a narrow bridge, survive and get killed by titanite demons or get hit by a boulder and fall off a narrow bridge get crushed...
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:06 am »

It's just irritating. Lots of mistakes will force you to start the whole thing over. Fucking mage snakes throwing lightning at you while you can't really avoid it, the aforementioned scythes, the fact some of the loot is at the bottom of the fortress, full of snakemen, slowing ooze and the Titanite Demon.

If you're not interested in any of the loot in the Fortress, it's not so bad to get through.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:48 am »

OMG I'm at Sen's Fortress still.  I made it to the top and got smited by those damn [bad-guys] because I panicked and ran the wrong way.  That was 18 months ago.  The experience was so soul crushing I couldn't bring myself to try again until now.  Now... I have lost all my feel for the game and can't kill anything and I've lost all the mental maps.  I need to man up in a big way to get this finished before #2 comes.  *sigh*
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:47 am »

If you're American, you have until tomorrow. If you get it on a console.

If you get it on PC, like a sensible person, you have until next month!

... :|
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 10, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

Dark Souls on PC is a TERRIBLE port.  Dark Souls on PS3 plays like a dream in comparison.  And there's a lot more people online for more ‼FUN‼

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:00 pm »

...Are you from the future?

I was referring to the fact that hermes said that he needs "to man up in a big way to get this finished before #2 comes."

Hence, "you have until tomorrow[when it comes out]."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 10, 2014, 01:09:11 pm »

And then you said that sensible people are on PC.  Dark Souls on PC is pretty terrible.

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 10, 2014, 01:37:44 pm »

And then you said that sensible people are on PC.  Dark Souls on PC is pretty terrible.

It's not as bad as people make it out to be, actually. If you use a joystick and DSFix, the game runs perfectly. I have 250+ hours on Steam and never had a problem besides some GFWL stuff that wasn't that hard to fix(god, I hate that thing).
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 127