Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148057 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1710 on: January 08, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »

I once beat one on my "rocky" punch-only, no shirts or helmets allowed character, but that was only by knocking him into an environmental kill.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:35 pm »

Honor is a silly concept anyway.  The only reason I don't tranquil wog everybody I meet on my Darkmoon Blade (my reasoning is that if I'm invading you on my darkmoon that means you must be a sinner and therefore you deserve no mercy) is that that's no fun. 

Giantdads are like most other "overpowered" strategies in video games, they beat the standard strategies and most players can't think outside of the box.  If my comfort zone tactic doesn't work on you, obviously you're cheating or something.
Shoes...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:48 pm »

How is giantdad 'bad at dodging'? Unless built by a goddamn idiot - which, admittedly, most of the dirk serls community can be described as - they're using an active flip ring. The only time they're bad at dodging is during attack animations, which is an easily closed window through the use of attacks such as the roll-R1 which have short and easy-to-aim animations. There is also the fact that trying to abuse Zweihander attack animations is in general an exercise likely to end unfortunately.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:44 pm »

Honor can be fun. It always gives me a warm feeling when people remove their weapons and shirt when they see me coming, and engage in a little fisticuffs.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

Anyone know what this mod is? It replaces the orange guidance soapstone's three indecipherable lines with the Maiden in Black's lines from Demons Souls:
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:53:16 pm by Lectorog »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 20, 2014, 02:10:10 pm »

So Yahtzee finally reviewed this game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

Pretty even handed for a Yahtzee review.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:59 pm »

just bought the PC version. these controls are terrible any suggestions on an okish laptop layout, or just fuck it all and go buy a controller?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:52 pm »

just bought the PC version. these controls are terrible any suggestions on an okish laptop layout, or just fuck it all and go buy a controller?
I strongly suggest buying a controller. A cheap controller that is recognized by your computer as an X-box controller will work, or a direct input controller should work as well. You will want a controller that has the modern standard amount of buttons and analog sticks at least, since you need all of them.

Last time i went to a computer store I saw some neat looking controllers that fit the criteria for under 10 dollars.

EDIT: You may also want to look into DSFix, though that's not related to control issues.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 20, 2014, 07:40:02 pm »

I strongly suggest buying a controller. A cheap controller that is recognized by your computer as an X-box controller will work, or a direct input controller should work as well. You will want a controller that has the modern standard amount of buttons and analog sticks at least, since you need all of them.

Last time i went to a computer store I saw some neat looking controllers that fit the criteria for under 10 dollars.

EDIT: You may also want to look into DSFix, though that's not related to control issues.

generally i would like to buy a good controller, preferably the Xbox 360 one, since i would like to buy dark souls 2 eventually with a cheap xbox 360 

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 20, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »

If you were planning on getting a 360 controller then I'm not sure why we're even discussing this in the first place?
You pretty much can't play the game without a controller. There may have been a mod to improve the game on keyboard and mouse, but really, use a controller.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:49 pm »

I don't have any problems playing with the keyboard, but my layout involves using the numpad which wouldn't work out very well with a laptop...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:56 pm »

So, with Dark Souls 2 coming out in about a week, I've decided I need to freshen up a bit on my glorious combat ability to be killed by skeletons.  Would anyone be interested in something Jolly and preferably challenge-driven?  Like, myself and someone else run through the game in particular types of armor or with certain weapons, or just want to run the game through?  I've got PS3 and PC versions, PM me if you want!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:20 pm »

Only Xbox, so I can't join you, but may I suggest a boxing run?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »

Only Xbox, so I can't join you, but may I suggest a boxing run?
I might, except I play a bit poorly without a shield, not sure how I'd handle the low DPS and the lack of defense.  Certain enemies become downright impossible without heavier weapons, like the royal giant guards...
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 127