Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148193 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1530 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »

I don't have the DLC, but there's this pool in the Tomb of the Giants with infinitely spawning skeleton imp things. With both covetous rings on, you can get an absolutely broken amount of souls in just 2 minutes of thrusting a spear, as well as about 16 humanities. If you're quick, that is. The item drops seem to despawn lightning fast down there.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 20, 2013, 02:38:19 pm »

Skeleton babies is probably the fastest way to farm humanity without DLC or homeward bones.  Humanity sprites are way better but you really need homeward bones to put out a decent speed.

Also apparently any orange signs placed in Puppy Sif's cave are shunted out to the entrance, so now there's a stack of Try Thrust signs right outside the illusory wall.  I guess I'll have to stick to Amazing Chest signs around Gwynevere, serves me right for trying to innovate.
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 20, 2013, 03:00:04 pm »

My bro gets the signs, since he has live. Had me damn near rolling on the floor, some of them. Outside of Quelaag's door, someone put "Amazing chest ahead," and inside someone else put "Need gorgeous view" :D

Other good ones I've seen include just before the infamous silver knight archers "Imminent tears"; "Beware of gorgeous view" on that ledge where the bastard in the giant's tomb kicks you off; and "Try shortcut" on that well in Firelink with the dead body draped over the edge.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »

Those amazing chest signs are hysterical.  My personal favorites are the "try jumping" ones on a ledge where there's nothing but blackness below.  To try or not to try?  I was almost compelled to at least once even though I knew it's a trap.  As a new player anyway.

I've been playing this game like mad since March / April and I only just now discovered this thread.  I guess I've been slacking.  I've been working on ENB's SL1 Challenge and about the only thing I haven't really done much of is PVP (because PC version).  However, super excited about everything that's been surfacing lately for Dark Souls 2.  It looks like Fromsoft is gonna deliver yet again.

Is there a viable way to solve the connection issues with the PC version to get pvp working, or is it still fairly inconsistent even on PS3 / 360 ?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:09:41 pm by Mishrak »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 20, 2013, 03:10:53 pm »

Those amazing chest signs are hysterical.  My personal favorites are the "try jumping" ones on a ledge where there's nothing but blackness below.  To try or not to try?  I was almost compelled to at least once even though I knew it's a trap.  As a new player anyway.

I've been playing this game like mad since March / April and I only just now discovered this thread.  I guess I've been slacking.  I've been working on ENB's SL1 Challenge and about the only thing I haven't really done much of is PVP (because PC version).  However, super excited about everything that's been surfacing lately for Dark Souls 2.  It looks like Fromsoft is gonna deliver yet again.

Is there a viable way to solve the connection issues with the PC version to get pvp working, or is it still fairly inconsistent even on PS3 / 360 ?

Are you having problems with GFWL not working? If so, I fixed that for myself a while ago.
If it's connection, look up ports. There isn't much you can do, but it helps.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 20, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

It's been a while since I tried it, but I messed around at the Oolacile Township and got a whole pile of failed attempts of people trying to invade unsuccessfully.  I'm not sure if that's ports or GFWL honestly.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:15 pm »

It's been a while since I tried it, but I messed around at the Oolacile Township and got a whole pile of failed attempts of people trying to invade unsuccessfully.  I'm not sure if that's ports or GFWL honestly.

GFWL not starting = game throws up about 5 errors on start, forces you to go offline

Try this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/882961586971101647/
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 20, 2013, 03:19:53 pm »

Excellent.  I'll give it a go.  Thanks for the link.  I'm definitely not having those kinds of issues with GFWL so it's most likely a port issue.  I never did much PVP with Demon's Souls either due to not having a wireless router at the time, but I have that now, so I should give that a try.  Granted, I haven't spent nearly as much time on Demon's Souls as I have Dark Souls.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 20, 2013, 03:54:19 pm »

Oh, and my personal favorite: "Try praise the sun!" behind Solaire.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 20, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »

Skeleton babies is probably the fastest way to farm humanity without DLC or homeward bones.  Humanity sprites are way better but you really need homeward bones to put out a decent speed.
Homeward bones are 500 souls each, so it's well worth it to stock up, even if it's a bit annoying to go all the way to one of the applicable vendors.

Also apparently any orange signs placed in Puppy Sif's cave are shunted out to the entrance, so now there's a stack of Try Thrust signs right outside the illusory wall.
I don't get the joke. Could you explain it?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 20, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »

Homeward bones are 500 souls each, so it's well worth it to stock up, even if it's a bit annoying to go all the way to one of the applicable vendors.

Or you could just invest a few levels so you could use the Homeward miracle. Haven't done it yet but it's on my to-do list.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:23 pm »

Oh, and my personal favorite: "Try praise the sun!" behind Solaire.
I quite enjoyed seeing "Try despair" outside several fog gates.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 20, 2013, 06:27:30 pm »

My favourite has to be "Try Fleeing" right before the ten hollows and the Channeler that mob you in the parish. Useful advice!
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 20, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »

My favourite has to be "Try Fleeing" right before the ten hollows and the Channeler that mob you in the parish. Useful advice!
Level 50 and I'll still be scared to visit the Pardoner...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 20, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »

Or you could just invest a few levels so you could use the Homeward miracle. Haven't done it yet but it's on my to-do list.

Souls are mostly worthless, if you're a decent PvPer you can make a million in a few hours farming forest chumps.  Levels on the other hand are an extremely valuable resource.  You can make 49500 for a set of 99 homeward bones in no time, but you can never make back spent levels.

I mean sure, if you're already going to be putting points into faith you may as well use homeward when you plan on needing it, but non-faith builds can't really afford to put five or more points into a stat for the equivalent of a 500 soul item.

As for Fleeing, the torch hollow right outside of the Depths bonfire is the most dangerous enemy in the game.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127