Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148360 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1290 on: June 04, 2013, 03:08:14 pm »

I love my rooftop defender build.  It gets a lot of NG+ guys but that just let's me practice my guerilla warfare.  Pied a guy fighting the respawning taurus demon.  Dropped onto the square bridge in sen's fortress behind a guy and backstabbed him off the ledge.  Fucker still wasn't dead so I had to do a plunge attack.  Suck my 31 vitality dick, Fats the Bandit.

EDIT:  Okay, I'm looking into another build for level 120 PvP, but I'm not sure about it.  I realized with my Oswald cosplay that I'm way better at fast builds than big knight ones.  This build's out of date though and I'm trying to figure out how to tweak it to work properly.

Here it is.  The problem, of course, is that the gear is too heavy for fast rolling, and since I'm going shieldless I'll need to fast roll and preferably flip.

Anyone have any suggestions for gear that:

A.  Looks good
B.  Has decent poise
C.  Is light enough for an E45 character to fast roll in, assuming he's using a Chaos Blade which weighs 6?

EDIT2:  Looks like Dark Mask and Armor, with Gold hemmed gloves and skirt, will give me fast roll with FaP, and I can always drop the DWGR for Wolf Ring.  Does this sound viable at 120 to you guys?

Also is the build I linked worth using at all?  Chaos Blade seems a little risky, and while I like the idea of going all out with power within that seems pretty suicidal.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

This is what I've finally come up with.  Anyone know if it's worth pursuing?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:05:17 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 04, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »

The chaos blade drain is barely noticeable in PvP. Power Within IS suicidal since people tend to wait it out. If you have the faith for it, get Force. Take a few points of Vit won't hurt much.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 05, 2013, 12:17:40 pm »

Just getting into the Tomb of Giants.  I found Patches, he kicked me down. Talked to Rhea, and then her bodyguards attacked. I still had my Zwiehander equipped, from the large skeletons. It's got a considerable range, it does.
 Anyway, I came out of that fight seven humanities and an ivory talisman richer, if only by accident.  Also, any strategies for the giant skeleton crawler things? The ones with four legs? My Zwiehander does not seem to stun them long enough for an attack, as was recommended a few pages back.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 05, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

Also, any strategies for the giant skeleton crawler things? The ones with four legs? My Zwiehander does not seem to stun them long enough for an attack, as was recommended a few pages back.

Just run past them. Ain't worth killing them.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 05, 2013, 12:45:51 pm »

My Zwiehander does not seem to stun them long enough for an attack, as was recommended a few pages back.

Are you using the two-handed power attack?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »

The attacks from the zwiehander make the skeleton rear up, which is as close as I can guess to a stun for them. I have to have my Skull Lantern out to see, being a faithless fellow with no maggots and a dark television.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 05, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »

A bit unrelated but I just finished a session of Demon's Souls and decided to check what's new on Playstation Plus. For anyone that is interested, Demon's Souls is now free for (atleast european, I know there are sometimes differences between regions) PSPlus members. So go pick it up :)

Also, Ico, Catherine and Shadows of the Colossus are free as well.

How the hell can Microsoft keep a straight face when advertising XBox Gold when Sony is continually so awesome with this.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 05, 2013, 03:59:36 pm »

Wait what? How much is PSPlus again?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:02 pm »

Wait what? How much is PSPlus again?

Swedish prices are something like 150 SEK for 90 days and 450SEK for a year or something around that. So assuming the same pricing scheme, roughly 70 bucks for a years membership. I have more than made up for it so far and I still have several months left on my membership.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draw me like one of your French girls.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 06, 2013, 12:35:30 am »

Slack-jawed girls you make the hollow world go round.

I'm wondering, who do people trust more?  Frampt or Kaathe?  I don't think either one has my own interests at heart, of course, why would they?  They're probably older than the Fire.  I usually go with Kaathe because I like his whole "Mankind up, gods down" thing, but the more I think about it the more I think the Four Kings are a good example of why Kaathe shouldn't be entrusted with the fate of the world.  If you know where humanity comes from*, you know that it's a finite resource.  Kaathe's solution to the Curse seems to be "just take humanity from people weaker than you."  The only way I see this ending is a dark, barren place with a small group of very powerful dudes waiting to Lifedrain each other as soon as one blinks.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:14:29 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 06, 2013, 09:00:03 am »

Slack-jawed girls you make the hollow world go round.

I'm wondering, who do people trust more?  Frampt or Kaathe?  I don't think either one has my own interests at heart, of course, why would they?  They're probably older than the Fire.  I usually go with Kaathe because I like his whole "Mankind up, gods down" thing, but the more I think about it the more I think the Four Kings are a good example of why Kaathe shouldn't be entrusted with the fate of the world.  If you know where humanity comes from*, you know that it's a finite resource.  Kaathe's solution to the Curse seems to be "just take humanity from people weaker than you."  The only way I see this ending is a dark, barren place with a small group of very powerful dudes waiting to Lifedrain each other as soon as one blinks.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Yes, but it'll happen eventually anyways. Linking the fire is a temporary measure that maintains the power of what few gods are left, most of which have, at this point, gone mad. If there were some kind of third choice, that'd certainly be the moral one, but for now, I think that the Dark Lord one is better.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 06, 2013, 09:21:21 am »

The only reason I go to Kaathe is because he has a very convincing voice. The invade other people thing is just a perk.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:14 am »

Kaathe is - oh dear - more honest than Frampt. They both lie, but Frampt's ties with Gwyndolin are a step too far.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:54 am »

There's only one god left, who maintains a shroud of lies.  Why should the chosen undead work to aid the gods?  They've already left.

Unless you count the "archdemons" like the Witch of Izalith or Nito.  In which case, one's a disfigured being of raw chaos and the other is literally a gravelord.  Neither of those sound very appealing, compared to what humans might provide...

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 127