Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148432 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1185 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »

Unnavigable mess? Tsh, it's been some time since I've played the game and I think I can still recall the exact layout of that wooden construction. Don't know if that says anything about how much I played the game or my messed up memory.  :P

Any advice on collecting solid humanity? I've just used two of my limited store of ...four, now, to summon helpers to defeat Ornstien and Smough. Rats aren't putting out right now.

Before the lordvessel...hm. Rats in the sewer, only one I can think of at that point sorry. :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 13, 2013, 05:24:53 pm »

For the Silver Archers, you have two options.
- The brave one. Strip down to less than 25% gear, get a good shield (large wood) and light weapon (lightning spear). Run through, dodging as you go. Survive the one arrow hit you will most likely take, and engage in melee. Hit from behind shield as the attack does not movie you.

- The safe one. Stock up on poison arrows, and plink from afar. Your attacks will not do damage, but the poison most definitely will.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 13, 2013, 05:53:02 pm »

Any advice on collecting solid humanity? I've just used two of my limited store of ...four, now, to summon helpers to defeat Ornstien and Smough. Rats aren't putting out right now.
I like to hang out in the Depths, at the last fire before the gaping dragon. Plop down a summon sign, put on your Golden Serpent ring, go massacre rats, return to the bonfire, potentially get summoned for active humanity increasing the drop rate.
I usually go to the first two groups of rats for the best tedium/humanity ratio.
Also, how the hell did you only have four humanity items? Do you ignore every corpse?

- The safe one. Stock up on poison arrows, and plink from afar. Your attacks will not do damage, but the poison most definitely will.
Where can you shoot at them without them hitting you?

Every part of Dark Souls is the worst part.

Except the Forest. 
Yep, approaching the hydra sure is fun.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 14, 2013, 12:02:54 pm »

I like to hang out in the Depths, at the last fire before the gaping dragon. Plop down a summon sign, put on your Golden Serpent ring, go massacre rats, return to the bonfire, potentially get summoned for active humanity increasing the drop rate.
I usually go to the first two groups of rats for the best tedium/humanity ratio.
Also, how the hell did you only have four humanity items? Do you ignore every corpse?

Where can you shoot at them without them hitting you?

Every part of Dark Souls is the worst part.

Except the Forest. 
Yep, approaching the hydra sure is fun.

For Humanity, another great spot is deep, deep in the Giants' Tomb. If you have explored that, then...
If not, well, find means to produce light. Also, good luck. :)

For the Giant Archers, I am slowly playing through and am about to hit Sen's Fortress. When I finally get to Anor Londo, I will record a short video of the location.
...that is, unless it was removed in PTD, which I doubt.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 14, 2013, 12:08:21 pm »

I find the rat stacks in the depths, next to the "hidden" bonfire, to be the best spot for humanity.

That, or invading scrubs and murdering them.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 14, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

Well, just got around to placing the Lordvessel. Where do you recommend I go? 

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 14, 2013, 05:24:49 pm »

Well, just got around to placing the Lordvessel. Where do you recommend I go?

You have a few options: (The spoilers are moderate/minor spoilers)
- New Londo

- Catacombs

Worth exploring:
- Darkwood Forest

- The early bit of Demon Ruins

- The bottom level of Sen's fortress.

- On your way down from the forest, you can find a detour into...

- Have you seen the giant tree in Blighttown?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:28:46 pm by CognitiveDissonance »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:36 pm »

The only suggested order is the Duke's Archives before Lost Izalith. There's an NPC interaction you only get through that order, and reversing it gets nothing. The Great Hollow comes next in that interaction sequence, but there's not much in the Great Hollow anyway.

I'd say Catacombs first. If you have a divine weapon. If not, get a divine weapon and go to the Catacombs first.
I don't even know why I recommend this, though. Rite of Kindling is nice, but you don't even need to place the Lordvessel for that.

Wiki recommends:
Anor Londo --> Darkroot Garden --> New Londo Ruins --> The Duke's Archives --> Crystal Cave --> Demon Ruins --> Lost Izalith --> The Catacombs --> Tomb of Giants --> Kiln of the First Flame

But it really doesn't matter. Past the first part I said, there's absolutely no advantage to any particular order. If there's somewhere that stands out to you, definitely go there.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:47 pm »

Well, I believe I'll be stuck in Anor Londo for a while. I got past the archers through a miracle, I made it to Solaire's bonfire, and I've gone through the area several times. I just can't beat Ornstein and Smough. First, some scumbag invaded me and stole my last non-twin humanity while I was trying to summon. Then, when I got desperate and used my twin humanities to summon, we just lost. I don't know where I'm going to get more humanity, and I can't see myself beating them without summoning.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1194 on: May 19, 2013, 11:55:18 pm »

Played the game for 35 hrs, lost interest when I 'over-leveled' my areas and never saw another human for the last 10 hrs of play.
Is it just me or is the starting club of the outcast dude really, really good?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 20, 2013, 01:03:18 am »

The Club has really good (A) strength scaling and the Leaping Heavy attack is IMO one of the best attack animations in the game. Eventually it will be outclassed by other weapons, but you can use the club for a large portion of the game on a strength build. Fair warning though, melee bosses with decent speed will be a pain because of the club's short range and the high vulnerability of the club's leaping attack.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 20, 2013, 01:26:48 am »

I'm sorry Jiokuy, i'm going to let you finish, but the frontflip of Abyss Greatsword has the best animation of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Worthless in PvP, though.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 20, 2013, 11:35:44 pm »

Well, I've discovered the beauty of being summoned. It gives you a sense of charity, as well as a crap-ton of souls when you help them beat the boss! Humanity, too, so I'll be able to summon people myself.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 21, 2013, 01:02:17 am »

I've been in the process of making a Solaire character for summoning, but I can't bring myself to kill him for the armor.  He's too great.  I can't do it.

I've also considered killing him and getting the Sunlight Maggot and invading as THE MOTHERFUCKING SUN
Shoes...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 21, 2013, 01:42:20 am »

Also to note is that if you're summoned or invading, i.e phantom in another world, you can't lose anything from dying.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 127