Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148431 times)

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1170 on: April 18, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »

Well its too late now. At least I'm inside the damn place. The downward ladders are really hard to spot in the dark. And the moving pathways + fiery dogs is just awesome. Really risky but makes it look amazing almost like a climatic event.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 18, 2013, 05:26:31 pm »

Re: Flies: unlock and aim up at them with your melee weapon. Works especially well for weapons with large diagonal swings.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »

Look for torches to find the ladders, they are almost all marked by them. The smallish torches, not the big one in pots.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »

You could use the Spider Shield. It completely blocks poison and toxin damage. There's one in the depths near the ledge you drop off to fight the giant rat.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »

I got the key to the depths, but I didn't find the door so I though the path through the drakes was the normal one...
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:55 pm »

Any advice killing the two Silver Knights in Anor Londo? You know, the two that shoot javelins that can knock you to your death. The ones that, if blocked, will knock you to your death. The ones that have rapier specifically to wreck you just in case you get close enough to dodge their arrows.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 04, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »

Sprint past the arrows until you get to the ledge. From there, head towards the silver knight on your right first. The second one would probably be able to get a shot off but you should be safe once you cross a small distance. If you get hit anyway, you'll most likely fall safely on the ledge unless you're not facing straight ahead.

When near the first Silver Knight, just stand close enough to him that there is a small gap between the two of you. When he starts bringing out his melee weapon, simply target him and bring up your shield. He should try to melee you and fall down to his death thanks to the gap. You are now clear and can ignore the second silver knight though you can also deal with him for the souls and the Soul of a Hero he is guarding. Just do the same like the first one.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 04, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Okay, here is the real way to deal with the PITA silver knight archers.
  Equip your most stable shield. Remove all of your armor. Keeping your weapon equipped is optional - read onward. If you're over 50% encumbrance, you'll definitely want to scale down; 25% or less is optional. It helps, but not as much as a good shield.
  Run the fuck down the ramp.
  Run the fuck past the gargoyles. Do not stop and fight them. If they hit you, keep running.
  Run the fuck to the pillar. You can pause to regain stamina, but the gargoyles will throw lightning at you if you stay too long.
  Run the fuck around the pillar to the ledge with the windows and the knight. Keep your shield up.
  Stop running. Turn to the right and move toward the knight. Target him as soon as you can. This is important: When you block the giant arrow, you're pushed backward relative to the direction your character is facing, regardless of where the arrow came from. You want to keep your back to the wall ASAP, so target the knight ASAP. Before targeting, you can choose to block or roll. Also, the other knight shouldn't be shooting you anymore, but it can happen.
  Right next to the knight now. Keep your shield up. Now you have two options:
1) Make the knight bounce until it falls. This can take some time and you might fall off yourself.
2) Parry the knight's attack and kill it. These guys are really easy to parry, but if you're not comfortable you'll just want to go with the first.
  Knight is dead. Do not leap for victory. The other knight has a Soul of a Hero behind it. Your call on whether or not to get it. Do you even use those things?
  Go to the balcony and do your touchdown dance. Then go through the first door on the left and flirt with Solaire.
  Profit.

Spoiler: Fighting everything, especially directly, is the best way to die in Dark Souls.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1179 on: May 05, 2013, 03:20:18 am »

-snip-
I already knew this, after beating the game on my SL1. Blocking was not an option, since I hadn't the endurance to do so, and I was horrible at parrying, so I rolled past one or two of his arrows once I had made it up onto the ledge with him, then killed him with a few two-h hits from my reinforced club.

Took me about 37 tries, the most attempts I had exhausted in order to beat any part of the game aside from the Four Kings, and FUCK WAS THAT SO HARD. BTW I'M DOING IT AGAIN. BECAUSE ITS !!FUN!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:38:09 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 05, 2013, 09:06:02 pm »

Thanks. Eventually got by, tower shield all day erry day. Now comes the fun part!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 05, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »

In all honesty, Anor Londo is probably the least fun part of the game, despite its amazing scenery. New Londo is pretty terrible, but at least it's short.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:53 am »

Every part of Dark Souls is the worst part.

Except the Forest. 

But no, Blighttown is the worst.  The top is a godawful and unnavigable mess, and the bottom is just annoying.

Except New Londo is worse.  I don't think I've ever legitimately played through it, I use shortcuts to sprint it because fuck that shit, dude.  lighttown is worse.  The top is a godawful and unnavigable mess, and the bottom is just annoying.

Except Anor Londo is worse.  The archer knights basically dead-stopped me in the campaign until I could figure out how to get past them and then I had to deal with the fucking imps.
Shoes...

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 06, 2013, 08:57:04 am »

They could make an awesome game if they understood hostility isn't always the same thing as challenge...
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 13, 2013, 05:04:04 pm »

Any advice on collecting solid humanity? I've just used two of my limited store of ...four, now, to summon helpers to defeat Ornstien and Smough. Rats aren't putting out right now.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 127