Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148524 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1050 on: January 19, 2013, 12:07:38 am »

Alternatively, Iron Flesh.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 19, 2013, 08:39:28 pm »

WOOHOO! I did it!
I found the trick to dodging his appendages. Don't stop moving and don't roll until he's about to hit the ground.
He did get me a couple of times(his fire was the only attack that didn't 1-hit me), but I was able to make it. Good thing, too, because if I had failed, I was going to find someone to help me.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2013, 09:39:38 pm »

Semi-necro, but this is very relevant.

http://imgur.com/r/gaming/uV9HA
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:37 pm »

Semi-necro, but this is very relevant.

http://imgur.com/r/gaming/uV9HA
That's a pretty old gif, you know.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 24, 2013, 05:31:24 am »

4 days constitute a necro now?

I have a bad habit of watching other people play games instead of playing them myself, so that's what I did with Dark Souls. A shame, really.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:23 am »

For me, being off the first 2 pages constitute a necro before even looking at the date.  :P
I'm sure the .gif is old, but it made tired me chuckle out loud last night.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 24, 2013, 05:44:57 am »

I am ready to jump in NG++, but IT don't really want to yet. Is there something there IS cannot get yet, or should I stay and kill a hundred more people?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 24, 2013, 07:31:06 am »

Arg. Ceaseless is being an asshole. I'm playing a DEX/INT build with base VIT(started as Sorcerer, so my HP is complete shit) and Ceaseless 1-hits me. I was going to do the trick to kill him with little trouble, but you've only got one chance to kill him like that.

You can reset the trick kill, if you kite him all the way back to his initial spawn point, and initiate the running again.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:35 am »

Arg. Ceaseless is being an asshole. I'm playing a DEX/INT build with base VIT(started as Sorcerer, so my HP is complete shit) and Ceaseless 1-hits me. I was going to do the trick to kill him with little trouble, but you've only got one chance to kill him like that.

You can reset the trick kill, if you kite him all the way back to his initial spawn point, and initiate the running again.
That's a neat trick, but I managed to kill him! Currently at Gwyn(with the DLC wrapped up) doing some things before I fight him.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:43 am »

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on sale today at Amazon.  15 bucks.  Spotted at SavyGamer

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1060 on: March 18, 2013, 06:19:54 pm »

Anyone on Xbox 360 want to help me with a Soul Level 1 playthrough? So far I've defeated:
Prologue Asylum Demon - 1 attempt :l
Taurus Demon - 1 attempt w/ 3 other co-operators because why not?
Bell Gargoyles - 16+ attempts, 1 attempt once I remembered Solaire existed *facepalm*
Moonlight Butterfly - 1 attempt w/the Witch Lady Whose Name I Cannot Recall Witch Beatrice
Capra Demon - 2 attempts Solo
Quelaag - 5+ attempts w/Maneater Mildred
Ceaseless Discharge - 1 attempt Solo but used Fog Gate trick
Pinwheel - 1 attempt Solo, I wasn't even ready for it and he was still easy ._.
Gaping Dragon - 10+ attempts w/ Solaire and Lautrec
Iron Golem - 1 attempt w/ Iron Tarkus
Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough - 7 attempts w/jolly co-operation and Solaire
And perhaps there's one or two I can't remember.

Still haven't beaten Sif, even with jolly Co-Operation. He's really hard. :C
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:43:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:57 pm »

I managed to get over my previous slump and kill several bosses (and decided that Sif is wwwaaaaayyy too bad ass to be dealt with pre-Blighttown)....and then I got to the Tomb of the Giant. Man, the whole area is just a giant FU to players. Everything is arranged against you. After like 12 deaths trying to make my way down past the Giant Skeletons and repeatedly: getting knocked off, getting backed into a corner and slaughtered, getting shot by arrows from archers I can't and will never see, I kinda gave up. As a fat rolling sword and shield guy with almost no meaningful ranged capacity, that place is murder. I need to set aside a whole weekend to attack that place until I finally beat it, but less frustrating/difficult stuff keeps coming up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »

I'm stuck at O&S on my SL1 playthrough. Morale is far too low to resume yet.
Anyone on Xbox 360 want to help me with a Soul Level 1 playthrough? So far I've defeated:
I would, but honestly I'd rather blend my disc at the moment. And I really like this game. If I get forward and you're still stuck, I'll let you know. The wiki has a link to somewhere for arranging cooperation.

Sif shouldn't be too bad. Dodge his attacks, rather than trying to block. It's easy to get under him, and you'll have time to land a hit or two. Sif is one of the fights that can be easier not trying to cooperate. Maybe the low damage output makes it hard at SL1 (haven't tried, but have tried low-level). However, I frequently defeat Sif without taking any damage.

Tomb of Giants is the worst. The trick is to die repeatedly to discover enemy location and range, then bait melee enemies until you can take them one-on-one. Running through sometimes works, but not for a fatty. Heavy weapons are nice post-Pinwheel because you can just smash your way through half of the enemies before the arrows become a problem. The giant dogs will always be a hassle, but every single one can be dealt with alone.
Really, once you know the layout it isn't terrible unbearable. The ambushes are the worst part. Well, except trying to get the large divine ember. That is the worst thing in the entire game. Thankfully, it's optional.

Moonlight Butterfly - 1 attempt w/the Witch Lady Whose Name I Cannot Recall
Beatrice. My favorite character. <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1063 on: March 19, 2013, 02:28:19 pm »

I'm stuck at O&S on my SL1 playthrough. Morale is far too low to resume yet.

I would, but honestly I'd rather blend my disc at the moment. And I really like this game. If I get forward and you're still stuck, I'll let you know. The wiki has a link to somewhere for arranging cooperation.

I'll help you beat him! Its easy with one other fella, you hardly even need Solaire at that point. Hell, I'm already there! Just give me a couple days to get home first, since I'm on holiday at the moment. PM me your Gamertag will-yah? :P

Sif shouldn't be too bad. Dodge his attacks, rather than trying to block. It's easy to get under him, and you'll have time to land a hit or two. Sif is one of the fights that can be easier not trying to cooperate. Maybe the low damage output makes it hard at SL1 (haven't tried, but have tried low-level). However, I frequently defeat Sif without taking any damage.
Its a bloody NIGHTMARE. Dodge his attacks? What do you think I've been trying to do all this time?! You can't tank at SL1. How do you think I could've made it this far if I was running around with that kind of mindset.

Tomb of Giants is the worst. The trick is to die repeatedly to discover enemy location and range, then bait melee enemies until you can take them one-on-one. Running through sometimes works, but not for a fatty. Heavy weapons are nice post-Pinwheel because you can just smash your way through half of the enemies before the arrows become a problem. The giant dogs will always be a hassle, but every single one can be dealt with alone.
Really, once you know the layout it isn't terrible unbearable. The ambushes are the worst part. Well, except trying to get the large divine ember. That is the worst thing in the entire game. Thankfully, it's optional.
Tell me about it. My fatty knight was absolutely murdered by those bloody skeletons. What a chore.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:57 pm »

Bows help a lot with giants.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 127