Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148547 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1020 on: January 06, 2013, 07:56:58 pm »

I think crits happen in three two flavors.

Parry/riposte
Backstab
Conterattack
Riposte and Counterattacks are the same thing, I think.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 06, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »

You do more damage when you hit while the enemy is attacking, but I don't know if the crit multiplier factors in there.

EDIT: Bit of info on counterattacks, but nothing about crits.

Also, found this unrelated page. It's referenced nowhere else on the wiki. Weird.
EDIT2: Info on the ring.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:34:34 pm by Lectorog »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 12, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »

Im having some trouble getting into the game. Dem keyboard controls... well...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 12, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

This game isn't meant to be played on a keyboard at all. You should get a controller and save yourself the trouble.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 12, 2013, 02:12:10 pm »

I should, but I'll probably end up flailing around with the keyboard because I'm so lazy :(

...They probably do have an adapter in town, though.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 12, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »

This game isn't meant to be played on a keyboard at all. You should get a controller and save yourself the trouble.

Nonsense, and i'll prove it by murdering every boss in the game with the deprived club.

..Except the four kings, hmm.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 12, 2013, 02:44:51 pm »

Nonsense, and i'll prove it by murdering every boss in the game with the deprived club.

You don't count, you have the magic hands.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 12, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »

its certainly "possible" to play it just with keyboard,  well i am 36 hours into it and just play with keyboard.
it requires alot hours of getting used to as the keybindings are quite ridiculous and even after 36h i still screw up alot of buttons like Q and E or UIO  and pretty much just block and try to avoid dodge rolling most of the time...
but its doable atleast against the npcs... havent realy fought any pvp with keyboard.

but yeah.. if you have a controller you save alot of pain getting used to the keyboard. (also the added bonus of analog movement control with controller)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:49 pm »

The club is actually a decent weapon. Has A strength scaling, at least. I'll kill the Four Kings with it sometime. Charcoal Pine Resin will also help vs. Four Kings.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 12, 2013, 06:28:22 pm »

I just watched a speedrun playthrough of this on the Awesome Games Done Quick cancer research fundraiser. Holy crap, they finished it in about one and a half hours. Not a 100% run, and using whatever glitches they could to improve times, but it was really entertaining.

It'll probably be in their archives within a week. Check it out to watch the game getting horribly broken and finished at an amazing rate (even with the stuff-ups).

Might have to get this game. It looked good. 
It's a game. Have fun.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 12, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

The glitch speedruns are pretty silly, if you ask me. Glitching past the Lordvessel door skips half the game entirely.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »

The glitch speedruns are pretty silly, if you ask me. Glitching past the Lordvessel door skips half the game entirely.
Yeah, getting Dark Souls finished in about half an hour makes it another game entirely.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »

Easily one of the best games of 2012, IMO. Warts and all. Without the warts, I'd say it was the best.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 13, 2013, 05:13:22 am »

Easily one of the best games of 20121, IMO. Warts and all. Without the warts, I'd say it was the best.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 13, 2013, 07:59:01 am »

Easily one of the best games of 2012, IMO. Warts and all. Without the warts, I'd say it was the best.
The PC port came out in August last year.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 127