Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148638 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #930 on: December 08, 2012, 08:05:01 am »

I've been trying to think of what I'd like to see in DS2 and can't really come up with anything other than "more please thank you very much", better jumping/climbing, and horses.  I'm not too sure about the latter :P

What changes or additions are guys hoping for?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:41 am »

The game being harder, better fps and more sunbros   :P
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:25 am »

Dark Souls 2.
Dark Souls 2.
Dark Souls 2.

Holy crap.
My favorite game ever is getting a sequel.
Oh my god.
I...
Happiness.
Dear Lord....
I need to make an attempt to beat the first one now.
I hope they make another Depths-like area. That was my favorite place in the game so far.
I also hope they come up with a more original title.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 08, 2012, 08:34:18 am »

I also hope they come up with a more original title.

'Dark Soul2'?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 08, 2012, 10:07:10 am »

darkest souls

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 08, 2012, 11:47:48 am »

The title is fine, and everyone who is complaining about it should be reminded that Dark Souls I was originally going to be Demons Souls II, but From Soft didn't own the IP. While this turned out to be a good thing in the end, as Dark Souls' story is awesome, From Soft owns this IP and it isn't strange at all that they're doing a direct sequel like they originally wanted to. The Souls series might change names again in the future, but this is still the story of Lordran, Fire (now the lacktherof), and the Undead.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 08, 2012, 11:59:49 am »

Fair enough.
I wonder if any of the NPCs from this game will show back up.
I also wonder if we'll go out of Lordran.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 08, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »

There's word going around that it's set in a different world.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 08, 2012, 12:29:39 pm »

Well, technically, if we look at how multiplayer operates in Dark Souls, every different undead is in his own world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 08, 2012, 12:38:08 pm »

There's word going around that it's set in a different world.
Doesn't make any sense. There's far too much imagery concerning the first game's lore in the first trailer alone.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 08, 2012, 03:25:04 pm »

I happened to be watching Spike TV Game awards when the trailer rolled...and the whole time I'm thinking "Man that looks like Dark Souls. MAN, this looks like Dark Souls, I wonder what it is?"

I haven't even beaten my first playthrough, let alone mined the depth out of the game. And now they're doing a sequel. ><

I'm hopin aesthetically a lot doesn't change. As in, I hope they don't make the game more "accessible" either in terms of play or the story or the setting. The new game's trailer kind of struck me...well, as looking like a lot of other games. Too early to make judgments, just praying they stay with the overall formula that has worked so well.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:59 pm »

I doubt it. From Soft made Dark Souls harder than Demons Souls, and they had more success because of it. It thus reasons that Dark Souls II must be even more difficult. And From Soft's dedication to convoluted, interesting, subdued storytelling has been a feature of their works since....ever.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 08, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

I doubt it. From Soft made Dark Souls harder than Demons Souls, and they had more success because of it. It thus reasons that Dark Souls II must be even more difficult. And From Soft's dedication to convoluted, interesting, subdued storytelling has been a feature of their works since....ever.

I didn't play Demon Souls (no PS3), but I read mixed signals from those that did play it. Some think DaSouls was a step back from DeSouls, others says it wasn't.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 08, 2012, 03:57:10 pm »

Some people are upset that they didn't get Demons Souls II, but Dark Souls was good enough to mitigate the majority of those naysayers.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

I've been trying to think of what I'd like to see in DS2 and can't really come up with anything other than "more please thank you very much", better jumping/climbing, and horses.  I'm not too sure about the latter :P

What changes or additions are guys hoping for?
Better user interface and inventory management.
A story that actually makes a lick of sense.
RPG mechanics that are relevant and viable to base a build on.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 127