Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148623 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #915 on: December 08, 2012, 12:54:10 am »

It can use kinect as well not sure how though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:55 am »

I died a little bit on the inside.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 08, 2012, 12:58:08 am »

yeah though the gmod kinect looks pretty cool

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 08, 2012, 01:00:36 am »

yeah though the gmod kinect looks pretty cool
Yeah, but that's because its not being thrown in just for the sake of using the kinect. It actually looks like it'd change how you'd play Gmod, and not just shout and wave your arms around like an idiot trying to get it to do what you want.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 08, 2012, 01:02:16 am »

Yeah, damn them for allowing an optional control method that isn't the one I intend to use!  Damn them to hell!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 08, 2012, 01:02:35 am »

http://www.darksoulsii.com/ not much on it but there ice seems to be the theme of this game building off the true ending of 1 I guess
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:05:08 am by Alkhemia »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 08, 2012, 01:03:42 am »

Yeah, damn them for allowing an optional control method that isn't the one I intend to use!  Damn them to hell!
It's taking time away from actual development to make a completely pointless and gimmicky mechanic that no one with half of a brain will use.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 08, 2012, 01:08:53 am »

http://www.darksoulsii.com/ not much on it but there ice seems to be the theme of this game building off the true ending of 1 I guess
The trailer says the Undead are in a "world without light". I guess the Dark Lord ending is true, then.

People have been saying they recognize Anor Londo, the Painted World, and the Kiln of the First Flame in the trailer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 08, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

It's taking time away from actual development to make a completely pointless and gimmicky mechanic that no one with half of a brain will use.

Like the PC port was a waste of time that could have been spent developing the sequel?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 08, 2012, 01:22:18 am »

Hell, you don't even know how they're going to use it yet.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:47 am »

Like the PC port was a waste of time that could have been spent developing the sequel?
Pretty much, but only because it was possibly one of the worst console to pc ports that I can remember in recent years. Although really, it's obvious that From didn't put much effort into the PC port, so at least they didn't waste that much time on it.

Hell, you don't even know how they're going to use it yet.
But really, what could they use it for? Plenty of games have tried to integrate it somehow, but usually it's insignificant to the game or doesn't work. I don't imagine they'd do much better.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:34 am »

From Soft are smart cookies. If they want to make a Kinect feature I'm not going to pounce upon them and decry that they've become MICROSATAN SELLOUT WHORES until I see whatever it is and actually think it's bad.

And a lot worse could have happened with the port, given that From Soft hasn't worked with PC games in the past and only made the port due to popular demand.
No Gods, No Masters.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 08, 2012, 01:31:59 am »

A wild Distraction appears!

Rewatched the trailer, does anyone else REALLY get that feeling that that rope bridge is connected to the painted world?  It just looks exactly the same, art wise, but minus a few broken boards.  Simmilar ambience too.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 08, 2012, 01:34:32 am »

Yes, that was the spot in the trailer that made people think of the Painted World. Anor Londo's was the shadowy city on the hill, and the Kiln's was a shot of ashen ground and Black Knight-esq boots.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 08, 2012, 05:10:12 am »

I'm not really sure about the city in the trailer being Anor Londo. It's surrounded by mountains and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 127